Free Agency

March 9th, 2017, 11:55 pm #11

Bungs just signed Brandon LaFell to a 2 year deal according to reports, good move in my opinion. Now they need to resign Zeitler, Kirkpatrick, and Burkhead and let the rest walk.
I know of denizens of a certain message board who are surely pleased with these developments. Quite pleased indeed.

In case anybody didn't hear, it's supposed to be a bad year for O-linemen in the draft. So much for having 11 picks.

Mike Brown's yearly conversation with the media should prove interesting.

March 10th, 2017, 12:13 am #12

Bungs just signed Brandon LaFell to a 2 year deal according to reports, good move in my opinion. Now they need to resign Zeitler, Kirkpatrick, and Burkhead and let the rest walk.
Hey Sam, where are you? The Texans gave the Browns a second rounder to take Brock Osweiler off their hands. God, that's funny.

March 10th, 2017, 12:36 am #13

I saw on the FA list that Andre Smith is available - for some reason he didn't do that well with Minn. There aren't a lot of OL in the FA list - I did see one center however. Looks like mikey got his t!t in the wringer this time as someone pointed out the number OL in this year's draft are a little light.

March 10th, 2017, 9:06 pm #14

Karlos Dansby signs a 1 year deal with Arizona. Take him. I ain't complaining a bit.

March 10th, 2017, 11:03 pm #15

Everything that the Browns do is fun or funny, but this isn't a terrible move if the Brownies can parlay their horrid QB into another draft pick.

With that said they also just released RGIII, so I suppose that Osweiller has a shot if he stays. Browns also interested in Garrappollo. So we will see.

March 11th, 2017, 3:30 pm #16

According to ProFootballRumors.com "Andre the Hut" Smith is set to visit the Bills and might visit the Bengals after that.

When he left the Bengals he was making $3.5m but with Minnesota he only played in 4 games due to injury. And the Bengal just re-signed Eric Winston to backup Fisher at RT. I'm not sure any of those guys can play LT though so IDK. They most definitely need a LT though but MikeyBoy screwed that pooch already. I look for ol' Blob Belly to make a HUGE FA signing of some retread.

And the Bengals are meeting with Joe Mixon, RB Oklahoma next week. That oughta start some controversy.
Last edited by ItmightbeJB on March 11th, 2017, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 11th, 2017, 6:19 pm #17

The Browns are going to turn it around one of these days because they have ownership that wants to win. They're willing to try different things. Mike Brown will do it the same way every day for the rest of his life because the thing that's working is the money and that's all he cares about.
===============================================
1991-2017 the putrid reign of Mikey Brown:
Record in Prime Time: 12 wins, 33 losses (0.267)
Record vs the Steelers: 14 wins, 42 losses (0.250)
Record vs AFC Playoff Teams: 32 wins, 116 losses (0.216)

March 11th, 2017, 7:38 pm #18

If I remember correctly didn't Andre do better at run blocking than pass blocking? That might work if the bungs are serious about wanting to run the ball more. Also he played RT so can he be versatile enough to play LT? However as stated he struggled with pass blocking with the bungs. As Sophie Tucker once said - "A good LT is haaad to find".

March 11th, 2017, 8:59 pm #19

Yes...Jimmy Haslem absolutely wants to win, but so does Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder and their combined zero Superbowls over the past 20 years.

My point being that the will to win is excellent, but they still need to figure out how to do it.
Last edited by wyche on March 11th, 2017, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 11th, 2017, 10:31 pm #20

Even Arthur Blank has figured out that you need help as an owner....and it's paying off.

Jerry Jones had Jimmy. Daniel Snyder will never figure it out due to his ego. He just fired his "GM" the other day.

Then you have f*cking Mikey. The biggest idiot in the NFL.

I can't see any of these guys winning a Super Bowl any time soon. Maybe Arthur. That's it.

Confirmation of reply: