First Bengals 2012 Mock Draft is out....

First Bengals 2012 Mock Draft is out....

January 8th, 2012, 11:36 pm #1

I dont disagree with much of it...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1014 ... ated-order

"Insert witty quotation here"

January 8th, 2012, 11:44 pm #2

It makes too much sense. Mike Brown probably thinks he needs another Offensive Skill Player in the 1st round. LOL!!!!!

Doug Martin--leave that one go. He's alright. But nothing special. I actually liked Martin's backup better.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

January 9th, 2012, 12:48 am #3

Right. No way the Great Bungholio drafts a guard in the 1st round. To echo Old Schooler, that round is reserved for skill players, not commodities like offensive lineman (MAYBE an OT, but not an OG or C).

But this is the Bungs we are talking about here. Doesn't matter who they draft, in what round, what trades are made, what free agents are signed, what disgruntled players are allowed to walk, who is the head coach, who is the OC, whether or not they hire a GM (who would be a puppet anyway, but I digress).

The Bungs will NEVER overcome their delusions of mediocrity until the Brilliant Executive, and just about everyone he's hired, are 100% out of the picture.

"The vignette lasted only a minute out of the initial one-hour show, but reinforced perceptions of how the organization is run. When the owner offers his "wild thought," everyone speaks carefully -- or not at all -- so as not to contradict the boss."
"The vignette lasted only a minute out of the initial one-hour show, but reinforced perceptions of how the organization is run. When the owner offers his "wild thought," everyone speaks carefully -- or not at all -- so as not to contradict the boss."

January 9th, 2012, 3:43 pm #4

Mock drafts are silly but entertaining.
This one, is flat out absurd.

You don't spend a first round pick on a lineman.
How well has sloppy worked in 3 years?
BTW, the Bengals pick lineman early more than you think..look it up.

Yes, you spend your luxury of 2 first rounders on SKILL PLAYERS that can make a difference.
You have 6 picks after the first 2 rounds to upgrade your O-line.

Biggest needs for skill players
SAFETY!
Corner
Linebacker
#2 Wide out
Tailback

THEY ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO UPGRADE THE SAFETY POSITION.
Ink Nelson to a long term deal.
You have the unknown with Mays, but can't build your team around another maybe.

They need a pass rusher at linebacker.
Rivers and Lawson are serviceable, but they need that play maker at linebacker.

Benson is done...my only worry about Marvin is that he likes those big power backs and that just feeds his obsession with not trying to score points.

I have seen other mock drafts and Corner seems to be the most talked about spot with the first pick.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

January 9th, 2012, 7:11 pm #5

Uhhhhh, I think "Sloppy" just had a pretty solid year. He looks to be a bookend tackle for the next 10 years, Murf.
It took him some time to get his weight and injuries under control, but he is a fine right tackle.

The kid from Stanford is a guard for 10 years. Much better than the idiots we have playing now.

Dont get me wrong, if there was a Polly or Ed Reed-esque player, I would vote for that in a heartbeat. I dont see it right now at the Bungs draft position. (We would need to trade up?)

January 9th, 2012, 10:00 pm #6

Sorry, but sloppy was a bad pick.
Serviceable, yes, great or even solid?
I can't take it that far.

I don't see the line as being the biggest issue.
Of course, everyone wants the best line in football, but if you don't have play makers, you are nothing more than what you were this year, a very slow and predictable offense.

On defense...
Playing a shell defense and hoping things work out in your favor will get you beat against good teams..as we just witnessed.

This team needs some serious help in the play maker dept.

January 10th, 2012, 5:57 am #7

"You have the unknown with Mays, but can't build your team around another maybe."

You mean the guy that the Bungles just picked up that didn't do sh*t to warrant a starting position? Maybe a spot on the practice squad.

You mean the guy that another team just dumped on dumbazz Mike Brown because he had an attitude problem/non-existent in another team's defensive backfield?

Oh yeah....that guy.

No, not an "unknown", Murf. Just another hunk of trash that got heaped upon Bungles Fans due to another "quality" thrify pickup by that piece of sh*t owner that we all have come to love.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

January 10th, 2012, 6:45 am #8

guy who wrote that up is clearly a homer and does not understand mike brown.  I really hope Doug Martin makes it in the NFL.

"Well, it ain't braggin' if it's true
Yes sir, yes sir
It ain't braggin' if it's true
Muhammad Ali said that
Back when he was a young man
Back when he was Cassius Clay
Before he fought too many fights
And left his brain inside the ring"

January 10th, 2012, 3:57 pm #9

I don't know Oldschooler..
They said Nelson was garbage and he has turned out to be a very good safety.

I think Mays still deserves a chance.
I am not saying write him down on top of the depth chart, but I think he is worthy of seeing what he can be in the short future.
Considering the league is trending to big athletic te's, the Bengals have a pretty decent set up with match ups if Marvin can ever figure this out.

You have Mays who is a big physical player with speed to match up with big te's and you have Sands, who is a big safety.
I am not saying they are great, just saying they might match better than linebackers or a smaller db.

January 10th, 2012, 10:22 pm #10

Falc is right in that Mays hasn't done diddly since he got drafted.

Murf may be right if he gets the right coaching.

He plays in Cincinnati.

Herego, he will not get the right coaching.

Mays will be a dud.

Confirmation of reply: