College Football is a joke

College Football is a joke

December 7th, 2011, 11:03 am #1

Barkley not invited to New York?

Griffin is the favorite?

Vtech and Michigan in a BCS?

College football could rival the NFL if they had a clue.

The popularity award should go to MONTEE BALL or Andrew Luck
Griffin was not even the best qb in his League let alone the best in the country so how can you give him a trophy that claims that he is the best player in college football?

I believe Ball is about to break Sanders record for scoring touchdowns.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

December 7th, 2011, 1:41 pm #2

I could not agree with you more. Why people don't scream louder for a playoff system is beyond me. Almost everyone HATES the current system and thinks it is an unfair joke of a system (which it is). We are deprived of so much incredible football every year...not to mention that as of now there has never been a legitimate college football champion crowned, because biased coaching polls and mathematical formulas are not how you determine a champion. You let the contenders play it out on the field of battle until only one is left...like every other sporting competition in the universe does. COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS A FUKKING JOKE! AND IT COULD BE THE GREATEST EVENT IN AMERICAN SPORTS!!

December 7th, 2011, 2:00 pm #3

<p>Here we go again..... Please tell us why RG3 shiuld not be highly considered nor win for that matter....please dont say running QB necause he is black...read his stats before you make a fool of yourself...dont say competition because he is in the B12...dont say elite teammates because he plays for perennial basement dweller Baylor.....the guy is best CFB player who enhanced his team</p><p> its not who will be better NFL QB..... Remember you lost this argument in 2006 when Troy Smith (also black) beat out your great white hope Brady Quinn ....btw...how is his NFL career going? I think I would love to dig up some old posts from back then........hmmmmm</p>

December 7th, 2011, 2:51 pm #4

Griffin is very good. I would still take Luck first but Griffin should be top two or three in Heisman voting, and I think that he has a better NFL career than Barkley if we're talking prospects (not necessarily Heisman).

December 7th, 2011, 10:57 pm #5

RG3 beat Oklahoma and Texas. The guy passed for ~800 yds in those two games combined. Please tell me the last Baylor Qb to accomplish this...

December 8th, 2011, 12:58 am #6

Yes...here we go again...
Only an idiot would make a claim that a qb that lost 3 games and has the same type of numbers of other qb's in his VERY WEAK TO BELOW AVERAGE LEAGUE SHOULD WIN the award for the best college football player.

As for being the only qb in Baylor history to win against Texas and Oklahoma...that is awesome, then he is the greatest qb in Baylor history, but not something special on a national level considering both Oklahoma and Texas are having horrific years.

BTW--
If you want to bring race into it...
Ball is a black kid..
So how in the fuch can you even attempt playing the race card?

Answer:
You are a sad and pathetic excuse for a man.

Ball should win hands down.
Will not win b/c the POPULARITY CONTEST is voted on by morons like a few of losers on here.
ESPN highlights...

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

December 8th, 2011, 2:01 am #7

"Griffin is the favorite?"

No. He's not. Luck is still the favorite. Luck's game has showed some chinks in the final couple of weeks--but still. He's smart. Gifted. And showed he's got the tools to make it to the next level.

Griffin also has it all. He is on Luck's level, IMO. However--he went to Baylor--so what the hell did I miss?

Barkley also SHOULD BE IN NY. He got robbed--but are you going to pick this guy over the other 5 Finalists?!?!?!?!?!? Same thing with Kellen Moore. Boise State wins all their games, Moore may be winning this award.

Mathieu (The Honey Badger) is a great pick to go to NY. Led the 12-0 LSU Defense and saved their azzes on returns for a couple of those games.

Richardson deserves to be there. A great collegiate back. What more can you say about this guy?

And finally Montee Ball. The guy scored 38 TDs for Wisconsin. Only needs one more TD to break Barry Sanders' record. He will get this in his bowl game.

I want to see Ball get the award. The guy is going to break an NCAA Record for the love of God--and he's breaking the record of a RB God himself.

BTW--to those of you that think Collegiate Football is a joke--study the game a little more before you get into the area. Studying how the BCS is figured is one thing--but knowing of why they play one game for the Championship is another.

The collegiate game is heads above the MALE SOAP OPERA at the next level. The NFL is a f*cking joke right now. But I watch--because just like any other heterosexual male--it entertains the f*ck outta me.

Saturdays are the real days for football. Sunday Football is just an added plus in the fall weekends.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence
Last edited by oldschoolerfan on December 8th, 2011, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 8th, 2011, 4:42 am #8

Gather around boys and girls.....TIITR is going to take our local village idiot to school again.....

- 3 losses now according to you disqualify a QB from consideration? Your broke back mountain man crush QB also had 3 losses in 2006 and yet you felt he was robbed when he got beat out by Troy Smith. I believe this is when you became so bitter with the process you thus declared it a popularity contest and everybody who had a vote were a bunch of non educated ESPN watching idiots who just don't understand football. So let's compare your second coming of John Elway to RG3 shall we.....

Pass yds

Brady - 3426
RG3. - 3998

Completions/ attempts

Brady - 289/467. 61.9%
RG3. - 267/369. 72%

TD/INT

Brady - 37/7
RG3. - 36/6

Brady was 18th in pass efficiency....RG3 is 1st. RG3 also has 644 rush yds and 9 rush TDs. RG3 averaged 387 pass yds per game.

- you claim he played In a very weak to average conference. The big12 has 5 teams ranked BCS top 25....second to only the SEC which has 6 teams.

- you state Texas and Oklahoma are having HORRIFIC seasons.... They are ranked 12 and 24 .......Notre Dame must REALLY SUCK then......

- you state RG3 stats are the same as the rest of the big 12 QB. I will throw you this one stat....his passer rating is 192. The next closest is 159.

I would like to thank you for this opportunity to embarrass you once again with facts.

Unfortunately we have reached your stop Murf....now get the F@@K off my bus

t
Last edited by takinitintherear on December 8th, 2011, 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 8th, 2011, 5:13 am #9

I applaud T's post, excellent.

Clearly Murf, there are intangibles when considering the Heisman. Have you ever read about John Heisman? I seriously doubt you have read anything other than Men or Women on the restroom door. Just so you know, the recipient is named the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity.

Does Heisman mean NFL success? Just look at the roster of winners and smile. I have no gripe with most of the winners. Its only college.

Now, do the voters make mistakes, especially considering integrity? Hell yes, in 1968 OJ Simpson was probably an angel . The Heisman trust had no idea he would turn out to be a mass murderer. Only Johnny Cochran knows.

I hate to pile on, but T mentioning your support of Brady Quinn as Heisman made me laugh. He pinned you to the floor on that one.

December 8th, 2011, 5:30 am #10

Oh, snap!

"Insert witty quotation here"

Confirmation of reply: