Cleveland.....

Cleveland.....

December 31st, 2017, 6:47 pm #1

This team is so bad that even Pitt's 2nd stringers can't play down to them. 14-0 Pit early in Q2. This team will take years to rebuild obviously.

December 31st, 2017, 7:28 pm #2

I've been watching this game also. Cleveland defense looks uninspired. I would expect Hue to get fired if they lose.

Browns offense playing ok at least.

21-14 Steelers 2nd quarter 2 minute warning.

December 31st, 2017, 7:35 pm #3

This team is so bad that even Pitt's 2nd stringers can't play down to them. 14-0 Pit early in Q2. This team will take years to rebuild obviously.
I'm still highly doubtful (very highly doubtful) that Marvin Lewis is going anywhere, but in theory, a Hue loss could lead him to being the next Bungles coach. Given the ignominy of a 1-31 record as Cleveland coach, we'd rather not go there.

December 31st, 2017, 7:47 pm #4

Agreed. I could see Hue coming back as a coordinator or positions coach then working his way back up i.e. Coslett and Lebeau but yes I would not touch him at least yet as head coach. Even if he is the most qualified candidate that applies the stink of what would then be 1-31 is too much even for Mike Brown imo.

December 31st, 2017, 7:51 pm #5

If the Browns hold on for the loss, will they dump theGatorade on Hue? Detroit Lions alums havetheir champagne ready for a. Browns victory.
Last edited by dacow on December 31st, 2017, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 31st, 2017, 8:01 pm #6

Haha to the Lions' champagne toast! (Jon Kitna leading the group a'la Don Shula).

Wild game actually!

Browns had a nice drive to tie capped off by the second Kizer to Higgins TD pass of the day.

Enemy of the Bengals JuJu Smith-Shuster returns the ensuing kickoff for a TD.

28-21 Steelers 3rd quarter
Last edited by wyche on December 31st, 2017, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 31st, 2017, 8:53 pm #7

Cleveland giving Pitt more of a battle than I expected. The refs clearly are giving Pitt the breaks with only 1 penalty called against them. Cle needs a QB real bad as Kizer's passing has been bad most of the game. The game really is meaningless as NE is winning easily.

December 31st, 2017, 9:19 pm #8

Couldn't believe it when Corey Coleman dropped that pass. Right in his hands and he drops it. Should have had a first down at the Pittspuke 11 with 1:40 to play or thereabouts. Instead they give it up on downs and lose the game.

That would be so Mike Brown to hire Hue now, assuming he and Marvin get canned by their respective teams. Can't see all that coming to pass, but you never know.

December 31st, 2017, 9:44 pm #9

It sounds like Hue will be staying at Cle but would not be surprised to see Lewis remain with the bungs esp. if they beat Balt. If Lewis does leave it will be his decision and not mikeys.

December 31st, 2017, 9:46 pm #10

Mike Brown makes a few cosmetic "concessions" and Marvin decides to stay. Shocking, not.

Confirmation of reply: