Chief Wahoo

Chief Wahoo

January 30th, 2018, 4:22 am #1

It’s a sad day in baseball where the Indians succumbed to white guilt from a handful of protesters who have nothin better to do but get teams to change their names. I have never in my life viewed CW as a derogatory cartoon figure of Indians. I am a person fascinated with Indians and their culture. Like the Redskins I see it as a tribute and honor to their history because to be honest Indians are being taken over by middle eastern Indians. Unless your on of one their reservations you hardly see Indians anymore.

I used to be hard core left and couldnt stand the right. Now I’m sick and tired of the lazy and the BLM against police shootings. Obey the damn law. Stop looking for handouts,
Get off your *** and get a job.

Viva La Trump

T

January 30th, 2018, 7:03 am #2

Wow. It's one hell of a day when Murf and T agree on a President.

Or was that satire?

January 30th, 2018, 12:29 pm #3

It’s a sad day in baseball where the Indians succumbed to white guilt from a handful of protesters who have nothin better to do but get teams to change their names. I have never in my life viewed CW as a derogatory cartoon figure of Indians. I am a person fascinated with Indians and their culture. Like the Redskins I see it as a tribute and honor to their history because to be honest Indians are being taken over by middle eastern Indians. Unless your on of one their reservations you hardly see Indians anymore.

I used to be hard core left and couldnt stand the right. Now I’m sick and tired of the lazy and the BLM against police shootings. Obey the damn law. Stop looking for handouts,
Get off your *** and get a job.

Viva La Trump

T
Nice post haha.

Up here in Cleveland the locals love their baseball team (even if attendance isn't usually great, I can honestly say that the Major Leagues films are a good depiction of Cleveland baseball fans haha). So with that said the reaction is mixed. Some happy. Some vocally disappointed. The silent majority is more disappointed that this day has finally come but is not shocked as they have seen the writing on thr wall for years, really since 2011 when the block C has been their logo anyways.

This is probably a bigger headline story than it should be though because of what it represents outside of Cleveland. The false outrage crowd has something to gripe about, while its not as if the Indians and MLB have washed their hands of the issue and will still sell Chief Wahoo merchandise and profit from it the perceived offensive logo (because to be clear Chief Wahoo is still.and Indians and MLB merchandising trademark and Chief Wahoo merchandise will still be sold). The only difference today vs yesterday is that Chief Wahoo will no longer appear on the Tribe's jersey or ball caps. Which since 2011 they have wore the block C a majority of the time and in most road games anyways. And besides just off of the top of my head the only teams without their city letter(s) on their feature ball cap is Toronto and the White Sox I believe.
Last edited by wyche on January 30th, 2018, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confirmation of reply: