October 17th, 2011, 12:23 pm #41

Its pretty easy to see why the hole is delusional and arrogant...hes got the city of Cincinnati eating out of the palm of his hand like some evangelist on sunday morning. He has some of you (after how many years of pulling the rug out from you) ready to put on your jerseys again ...even worse go out and buy NEW ones cause you keep burning yours every year (again pure genius on the holes part)

I think I am going to term you guys Charlie Browns...you keep going for the kick knowing Mike Lucy Brown is going to yank your dreams (ball) away from you.

I get it that the bungs are 4-2....great..but as someone said..its not even cold yet..they STILL have not faced their own division yet...and played a legit team.

i have nothing against the players and applaud them for actually being able to polish schit.

after reading the holes QnA yesterday...how do can you support anything that he represents. He is clearly not engaged and has no respect for the average fan.

i wouldnt even go to UC game this weekend because it was money in his pocket.

T

October 23rd, 2011, 9:33 pm #42

"Well, the BYE week actually was a disadvantage for us you know. We were on a roll and had a lot of momentum. We had beat a stellar team in the Colts and were anxious for that next Sunday. We lost a lot by having to rest."~ ---

Mikehole after being clobbered by the hapless Seattle Seaslugs.

October 23rd, 2011, 9:53 pm #43

Sounds like vintage Brown, in wording and meaning. Nice.

August 4th, 2012, 5:40 pm #44

I'll be off on a business trip for the next few days and probably won't be able to post here. I know that doesn't exactly break any of your hearts, but it bums me out. Oh, what will I do without my daily MBS fix?

So please excuse this long post. I thought it would be worthwhile to review the excuses made by Mike Brown over the past 18 years. (And the excuses made on his behalf.) For each little mini-era, there were dominant themes, excuse-wise.

1992-94: Combined record of 11-27 (0.229)
--------------------------------------------
"We're rebuilding. These things take time."

1995-99: Combined record of 29-51 (0.363)
"We need a new stadium to compete." And heard increasingly toward the end of this span, "We need a bell-cow quarterback if we're ever going to win."

2000-02: Combined record of 12-32 (0.250)
"We haven't enjoyed the increased revenue from the new stadium for very long. Give it a few years." And we still heard, "We need a bell-cow quarterback."

2003-04: Combined record of 16-16 (0.500)
---------------------------------------------
"Marvin Lewis is putting it together, but we'll have to give him a few years."

2005: Record of 11-5 (0.688)
No excuses were necessary. But I recall reading an interview where MB said, "We should be set for years to come." And why not? None of the old excuses applied any longer.

2006-07: Combined record of 15-17 (0.469)
"Injuries, injuries, injuries." And of course there was, "Mike Brown didn't miss that field goal or make that bad long snap."

2008: Record starts out at 0-6. (0.000)
Is there anything he could possibly say now? His bell-cow QB is injured because his offensive line is terrible. He has enjoyed the stadium revenue for eight years. This is Marvin Lewis's sixth year, so the coaching staff has had plenty of time. And can a bad string of injuries every year be attributed to purely bad luck?

But I guess there will always be excuses. Like,"it's the players' and coaches' fault." Sure it is. Mike Brown can just do no wrong. Shame on us all for ever doubting the man.
Hey gang, Mike Brown would seemingly approve of our forum! From Dan Hoard on Bengals.com:
The next big step for the Bengals is to win a playoff game for the first time since 1990. Until that happens, Brown knows that his critics will remain vocal.

"I think everyone is bothered by criticism, but I was brought up to believe that everyone has a right to say their piece," Brown recently told Fox 19's Joe Danneman. "Nothing says that I have to shut up -- I can speak up if I feel sufficiently compelled so I'm not crying about it. The fact that people feel emotional about it or want to jump in -- thats good. I want them to be involved, that's the first step, even if they don't approve of what you're doing."

http://blogs.bengals.com/2012/08/03/bro ... -football/
Not that he specifically had any critics in mind, but we should qualify.

Same source:
"People are entitled to see me however they wish to see me. Im pleased with the fact that weve done better here recently, and we want to do even better. Our goal is what you would think it is -- we want to be the top dog."

September 9th, 2012, 8:48 pm #45

I'll be off on a business trip for the next few days and probably won't be able to post here. I know that doesn't exactly break any of your hearts, but it bums me out. Oh, what will I do without my daily MBS fix?

So please excuse this long post. I thought it would be worthwhile to review the excuses made by Mike Brown over the past 18 years. (And the excuses made on his behalf.) For each little mini-era, there were dominant themes, excuse-wise.

1992-94: Combined record of 11-27 (0.229)
"We're rebuilding. These things take time."

1995-99: Combined record of 29-51 (0.363)
"We need a new stadium to compete." And heard increasingly toward the end of this span, "We need a bell-cow quarterback if we're ever going to win."

2000-02: Combined record of 12-32 (0.250)
"We haven't enjoyed the increased revenue from the new stadium for very long. Give it a few years." And we still heard, "We need a bell-cow quarterback."

2003-04: Combined record of 16-16 (0.500)
"Marvin Lewis is putting it together, but we'll have to give him a few years."

2005: Record of 11-5 (0.688)
No excuses were necessary. But I recall reading an interview where MB said, "We should be set for years to come." And why not? None of the old excuses applied any longer.

2006-07: Combined record of 15-17 (0.469)
"Injuries, injuries, injuries." And of course there was, "Mike Brown didn't miss that field goal or make that bad long snap."

2008: Record starts out at 0-6. (0.000)
Is there anything he could possibly say now? His bell-cow QB is injured because his offensive line is terrible. He has enjoyed the stadium revenue for eight years. This is Marvin Lewis's sixth year, so the coaching staff has had plenty of time. And can a bad string of injuries every year be attributed to purely bad luck?

But I guess there will always be excuses. Like,"it's the players' and coaches' fault." Sure it is. Mike Brown can just do no wrong. Shame on us all for ever doubting the man.
Mike Brown blesses us again with more wisdom. This on Marvin Lewis:
"I think he's a good coach. I think he's done well for us," Brown says. "This league has a problem with the mathematical issue that only half the teams are going to win. That doesn't mean everyone else is incompetent or bad. It creates a lot of hand wringing and heartbreak at the end of the year as we kaleidoscope-like re-do the direction of the team and that includes the coaches. I think probably people do too much of this, owners react in response to the public pressure... The way to handle the public pressure is to can the coach and it's his fault and he's the scapegoat... I think the league would be better off if there were fewer firings and we were more patient with our coaches."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/H ... 6ee1daa678
Ah ha. Maybe that's why we've had three playoff appearances in the past 21 years. It's a mathematical issue. Thanks for clearing that one up, Mike.
Last edited by psychostats on September 9th, 2012, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 9th, 2012, 10:56 pm #46

""I think he's a good coach. I think he's done well for us," Brown says. "This league has a problem with the mathematical issue that only half the teams are going to win. That doesn't mean everyone else is incompetent or bad. It creates a lot of hand wringing and heartbreak at the end of the year as we kaleidoscope-like re-do the direction of the team and that includes the coaches. I think probably people do too much of this, owners react in response to the public pressure... The way to handle the public pressure is to can the coach and it's his fault and he's the scapegoat... I think the league would be better off if there were fewer firings and we were more patient with our coaches.""

WTF is this bullsh*t?!?!?!?!?!?!? Did Mikey say anything here? These are just words. Good lord. No wonder why the Bungles are how they were.

Reading this was reminding of Carson "The Natural" Palmer in that "Inspirational" Meeting that Mike Brown gave a couple of years back....

"HEY--WHERE ARE YOU GOING, HOBBS!!!! SIT DOWN, HOBBS!!!!!!!"

LMAO!!!!!!

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence
Last edited by oldschoolerfan on September 9th, 2012, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 10th, 2012, 1:20 am #47

The fact that Lewis got us into 3 playoffs - that is like anyone else getting to the superbowl.

September 10th, 2012, 11:41 am #48

"I think the league would be better off if there were fewer firings and we were more patient with our coaches."

WTF? he may be right, that mentality has excelled the Bengals organization to the top

That may be the most ridiculous thing that ever has come out of his mouth

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

September 10th, 2012, 1:22 pm #49

If that's the case why didn't he keep LeBeau? He was there less than 3 years.

September 11th, 2012, 11:18 am #50

During breaks in last nights one sided affair (cough) against the Ravens there was a segment about Lombardi. Some of his inspirational thoughts on winning versus coming second. Now I know one is a coach and one is an owner but...would these words have ever entered the mind of Lombardi...and I quote MB

"I'm pleased with the fact that we've done better here recently"

So you give many squillions of dollars to young athletes and say to them "well son, just try and do your best, some of the time, if that's ok, I'm sure everyone will be happy with that, they certainly seem to keep coming back for more....hmmm, maybe it's the hotdogs. Remember mathematically (of course at this point he has probably just lost half of them) some teams, and by teams I mean us, have to come second, so you see we are all important, because if it wasn't for us there wouldn't be winners." and then "have you seen our lovely holiday home, we go there every January without fail"

Last edited by ukbengal on September 11th, 2012, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confirmation of reply: