12:38 AM - Dec 07, 2010 #21

I think family circus is MIKE BROWN...that is eerily very similar to what the hole spews.

4:14 AM - Dec 07, 2010 #22

The adversity Marvin has had to deal with....is YOU, you dumb-***...and the only Queen Bee we have is...YOU you facking moron!

4:29 AM - Dec 07, 2010 #23

I think family circus is MIKE BROWN...that is eerily very similar to what the hole spews.
That is scarily close to MB's style.

6:38 AM - Dec 08, 2010 #24

<p>"Aside from the injuries, we really felt like we turned things around over the past few years.  Every NFL team goes through building and re-building.  We had a successful run, and Marvin was a big part of our playoff teams.  I'm sure we can achieve the same success as we have had recently in a very short timeframe."</p>

"Well, it ain't braggin' if it's true
Yes sir, yes sir
It ain't braggin' if it's true
Muhammad Ali said that
Back when he was a young man
Back when he was Cassius Clay
Before he fought too many fights
And left his brain inside the ring"

6:30 AM - Dec 09, 2010 #25

I think i was pretty close to the real deal

6:35 AM - Dec 09, 2010 #26

Both you and FC are right on the mark. You guys should write Mike Brown's acceptance speech.

5:20 AM - Jan 07, 2011 #27

I'll be off on a business trip for the next few days and probably won't be able to post here. I know that doesn't exactly break any of your hearts, but it bums me out. Oh, what will I do without my daily MBS fix?

So please excuse this long post. I thought it would be worthwhile to review the excuses made by Mike Brown over the past 18 years. (And the excuses made on his behalf.) For each little mini-era, there were dominant themes, excuse-wise.

1992-94: Combined record of 11-27 (0.229)
--------------------------------------------
"We're rebuilding. These things take time."

1995-99: Combined record of 29-51 (0.363)
"We need a new stadium to compete." And heard increasingly toward the end of this span, "We need a bell-cow quarterback if we're ever going to win."

2000-02: Combined record of 12-32 (0.250)
"We haven't enjoyed the increased revenue from the new stadium for very long. Give it a few years." And we still heard, "We need a bell-cow quarterback."

2003-04: Combined record of 16-16 (0.500)
---------------------------------------------
"Marvin Lewis is putting it together, but we'll have to give him a few years."

2005: Record of 11-5 (0.688)
No excuses were necessary. But I recall reading an interview where MB said, "We should be set for years to come." And why not? None of the old excuses applied any longer.

2006-07: Combined record of 15-17 (0.469)
"Injuries, injuries, injuries." And of course there was, "Mike Brown didn't miss that field goal or make that bad long snap."

2008: Record starts out at 0-6. (0.000)
Is there anything he could possibly say now? His bell-cow QB is injured because his offensive line is terrible. He has enjoyed the stadium revenue for eight years. This is Marvin Lewis's sixth year, so the coaching staff has had plenty of time. And can a bad string of injuries every year be attributed to purely bad luck?

But I guess there will always be excuses. Like,"it's the players' and coaches' fault." Sure it is. Mike Brown can just do no wrong. Shame on us all for ever doubting the man.
Some of the "best" press <s>release</s> conference comments have to be added to this thread, if only for the sake of easy access in the future. Same stuff everybody else is quoting right now. From Hobson's summary (emphasis added):
On if there are plans to make any changes to the scouting and personnel departments:

BROWN: "The scouting thing is another criticism that rises up when we don't do well. If you look at our record on scouting over the last 10 years, we rank 10th for the number of games played by players we drafted. I think we sank to 11th on the number of players who are in the league that we drafted, and we would be higher than that except for injuries that were serious that players like (David) Pollack suffered, or Chris Perry, or what happened with (Odell) Thurman, or what happened to Chris Henry. We had a number of those. It was disproportionate. I don't apologize for our scouting. It's an easy target, but if you look at the real facts, I think you'll see it differently."

On where the team stands on building an indoor practice facility:

BROWN: "Marvin has a desire to have a practice facility. I have a desire, but probably not as keen. That doesn't mean I don't have a desire to do it. The timing is important. Right now, were faced with major issues in the National Football League, and those are at the front of our agenda. When we get through that, then we'll have time to consider this issue. It's one of the important issues that we have in mind. I would make the comment that some of this is perception. We worked in the cold weather. We played in the cold weather. It didn't seem to hurt us any to practice in the cold weather. We played pretty well in it. But I do know that it's the way it's trending. It's the fact that we have been left behind what others are doing. Whether that makes them better than us because they have an indoor practice facility is a question, but it's coming."

On possible personnel department changes:

BROWN: "We get criticized for that because we run a lighter crew than some teams do, but I don't know if we do badly there. We picked up Reggie Nelson this year that's a pretty good acquisition. The year before, we picked up (Brian) Leonard and he helped us a lot. We have people up there who are attuned to this stuff. (Director of Player Personnel) Duke Tobin is on top of it very, very thoroughly. Today, with the communications you have, you can talk to people anytime, anywhere in this country, and we do. You don't have to have a guy sitting in an office doing just that. You can carry this information with you as you travel and then communicate when it's necessary, and that's what we do. I don't think it works badly -- I think it works all right."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/M ... 75776f0f7a
Surprise, surprise. Mike Brown's attitude has not changed. Same old crap as from previous years. Loved reading everyone's reactions.
Last edited by psychostats on 1:07 PM - Jan 07, 2011, edited 1 time in total.

5:42 AM - Jan 07, 2011 #28

What I would love would be for no one to show up at his press conferences and no media or fan interest whatsoever. Just stop writing about the Bungs entirely after the season is over.

I wonder if the fans could collaborate with the press to make that happen?
Last edited by theydey on 5:43 AM - Jan 07, 2011, edited 1 time in total.

6:17 AM - Jan 07, 2011 #29

"Today, with the communications you have, you can talk to people anytime, anywhere in this country, and we do. You don't have to have a guy sitting in an office doing just that. You can carry this information with you as you travel and then communicate when it's necessary, and that's what we do."

TODAY?! F*CKING TODAY!?! REALLY!?

Dude, this is called a f*cking phone! and it was invented in like the '30s. And I have another interesting tidbit for you brownhole, it not only works in the country, but, stay with me here, you can even communicate with people in Canada, or Mexico, or even Europe! I know, I know, settle down its crazy! Just take your meds and tell yourself your a good owner and daddy likes you until you fall asleep. This guy must be delusional or crazy or just a truly soulless person, which is it?

And then this...

"I don't think it works badly"

Well motherf*cker you SHOULD KNOW if its working or not! Thats your "job," remember? The one you get, or I should say give yourself, the annual million dollar bonus for?

Well here is a f*cking hint: LOOK AT YOUR RECORD! ITS NOT F*CKING WORKING!

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

8:19 PM - Jan 07, 2011 #30

"We run w/ a lighter crew"

It's as if mikey thinks he's part of a street gang or something...I think he's like GW Bush, loves to surround himself w/ machismo to make up for his own shortcomings.

$$$

"The vignette lasted only a minute out of the initial one-hour show, but reinforced perceptions of how the organization is run. When the owner offers his "wild thought," everyone speaks carefully -- or not at all -- so as not to contradict the boss."
"The vignette lasted only a minute out of the initial one-hour show, but reinforced perceptions of how the organization is run. When the owner offers his "wild thought," everyone speaks carefully -- or not at all -- so as not to contradict the boss."

Confirmation of reply: