Carson Palmer announces retirement from the NFL

Carson Palmer announces retirement from the NFL

January 2nd, 2018, 10:11 pm #1

I know that he left a lot of poster here with mixed emotions but I will always be partial and grateful to him for standing up and pissing in the clowns face.I have the utmost respect for him,thought he was the best physical QB (Greg Cook) talent the bungs have ever had. I think if he had not had to deal with Giggles and the clown,he might have accomplished so much more here.The only thing I thought he lacked were the leadership skills necessary.Imagine if he had Boomers leadership abilities.Sorry to see him go

January 2nd, 2018, 10:23 pm #2

He was never the same since he was Kimo'ed. His career is a tale of what might have been. What might have been had he been drafted by a different team and a better run organization? What might have been had Kimo not shredded his knee? What might have been had he stayed here for the next rebuilding with AJ, Jones, and Sanu? We'll never know, and that's sad, but when I think of Carson's career, I think about wasted potential and him standing up to Mike Brown - walking away rather than getting millions and playing another down here. May he take his mega millions and enjoy his retirement.

January 2nd, 2018, 10:28 pm #3

I know that he left a lot of poster here with mixed emotions but I will always be partial and grateful to him for standing up and pissing in the clowns face.I have the utmost respect for him,thought he was the best physical QB (Greg Cook) talent the bungs have ever had. I think if he had not had to deal with Giggles and the clown,he might have accomplished so much more here.The only thing I thought he lacked were the leadership skills necessary.Imagine if he had Boomers leadership abilities.Sorry to see him go
I hold Corey Dillon in the same light.Two of the many that were intelligent enough to see giggles and the clowns writing on the wall and get out of town.Save their careers

January 3rd, 2018, 2:06 am #4

Corey Dillon & Carson are my favorite Bengals

January 3rd, 2018, 3:00 am #5

Yes. He stood up to Mike. Absolutely makes him my favorite Bengal.

I see him in a positive light and am saddened at the same time that he did not have the Hall of Fame career that I thought that he would as recently as 2007.

And everyone blames the Kimo play, but Palmer was excellent in 2006 also. His play deteriorated some in 2007 (with the rest of his teammates) then the injury in 2008 sealed his fate. 2009-2010 Palmer seemed more like a game manager than a Hall of Famer. Then he had a 2.0 version later in Arizona with Bruce Arians and Larry Fitzgerald. But when you think about it, this guy played for three losers as a whole (Mike Brown, the end of Al Davis era Raiders, and the Cardinals). Imagine him as a Steeler or Giant or Packer etc.

Confirmation of reply: