For the second straight week.....

Stupid Fduckin' Sheep
Stupid Fduckin' Sheep

September 19th, 2011, 1:13 am #2

Not sold on him yet but he has posted some solid numbers so far

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

September 19th, 2011, 11:56 am #3

....its all media hype. The media is just sukkin his dikk cause he is black but he really hasn't done anything to merit the attention. He sucks.

September 19th, 2011, 1:42 pm #4

3 picks?

I never said the kid sucks, I said the media was making him out to be something special before he even plays.

He might be a good qb, or he might be a bad qb...allow him to have a career first before building him a statue.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

September 19th, 2011, 2:06 pm #5

A board search took literally take 60 seconds to unearth that you called Carson Palmer "the real deal" a full year before he ever played a regular season snap. I fail to see the difference in behaviour.

BMN

BMN

September 19th, 2011, 6:12 pm #6

You are still not grasping the point here.

If this kid learns how to play qb and uses his arm more than his feet, then he might be something down the line.
From what I have watched so far...I simply don't see the Hall of Famer after 2 games.

BUT............
I am not talking about his skill set or lack of skills.
I am not even saying that I think he sucks...
I am just saying that the media is ignoring some of the greatest passing performances and play by amazing qb's WHO HAVE EARNED IT and have WON over a period of time in this league.

Bottom line...
Brady/Rogers/Brees/Rivers are putting on a show that you might not see again.
Young players like McCoy/Stratford/Bradford are light years ahead of the scale.

And don't forget about the rookie qb nobody outside of Cincy is talking about...Dalton is playing a head of the scale right now.

It is frustrating as a fan of the position to watch the media get all dreamy about a rookie that has accomplished exactly nothing.

I will say this again, he might turn out to be a great qb..just allow him to be or not be at this point.

September 19th, 2011, 6:25 pm #7

a) He's the first pick of the draft. Those players ALWAYS get more attention than second-rounders. Not necessarily fair, but Newton is not unique in this regard.

b) If this kid learns how to play qb and uses his arm more than his feet

This one statement alone tells me that you're not watching his games but mentally imagining how they're happening.

murf, dude is playing in the pocket. 92% of his yards (and there have been a ton so far) have come from passing. He's making some tough throws (and to be fair, missing some too, as evidenced by the INTs). Does he have his flaws so far? Of course he does. Might he not pan out? Perhaps.

But mark my words, murf, if Carson Palmer had put up the numbers Newton did in his first two games and did it the way Newton did it, this board would have to be censored for the XXX orgasm that you would have had after he did it.

I have yet to read a single piece of press that has anointed Cam to the HOF. Just a lot of people saying "the kid looks pretty good so far." And he does. So what's the problem?

BMN
BMN

September 19th, 2011, 7:07 pm #8

So McCoy, Stafford (Stratford?) and Bradford deserve more credit b/c they are "light years ahead."

But Cam does not deserve credit b/c he has "yet to win a meaningful game."

Got it Murf. Nothing to see here. It all makes perfect sense now.

(Btw Freeman has been twice the QB that McCoy has, yet you never mention him. I'm sure it has nothing to do with all that, ahem, sun he gets from being down south.)

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

September 19th, 2011, 9:11 pm #9

Why do you keep mentioning the Hall of Fame? Setting the bar awfully high for the rookie. Face it, kid can ball. Keep hatin'.

September 19th, 2011, 10:29 pm #10

I am not saying anything about the kid himself.

I am talking about the b@ll licking from the media.

Why don't I ever mention the kid from Tampa?
The same reason that I never mention over half the starting qb's in the league...
Nothing to talk about.
Average to below average play on average to below average football teams.

What is the point?
Freeman is black, so I guess he has to be mentioned with Newton?
Your a fuching idiot!

I do not hide my dislike of running qb's.
I don't like that style of play in professional football.
I love it in college, but not in the NFL.

When a running qb wins about 10 Superbowls, then maybe I might change my mind, but as of today, I will take the old boring pocket passer like Brady any day.

Confirmation of reply: