Boise State...Major NCAA Violations

Boise State...Major NCAA Violations

June 5th, 2011, 5:06 pm #1

79 incomming students (63 football) betwen 2005 and 2008 were connected with upper classmen who let them sleep on their floor during voluntary spring work outs. Value of savings for all 79 kids = 5,652.1 female tennis player recruit recieved a free trip to Boise State which included food, lodging and entertainment.The 79 housing violations are "minor" violations. The tennis player was more serious, NCAA bundled the minor violations with the major violation to make one major violation. Boise State has penalized themselves by firing the tennis coaches involved, increased the compliance staff by 1.5 employees, required new documentation for recruiters, 3 fewere football scholarships and loss of 3 practices for 2011-12, 1.5 fewere track scholersips through 2013, loss of practice time for mens tennis, 3 scholarships and practice time for women's tennis.NCAA has not ruled yet, so the self imposed penalties could be increased by NCAA.
Last edited by BelkoTomTom on June 6th, 2011, 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 6th, 2011, 12:32 am #2

they should be ashamed of themselves........the NCAA that is

June 7th, 2011, 1:18 am #3

The NCAA is a joke, every college has to cheat to some degree and when they get caught there isn't a uniform punishment, its like they draw a punishment out of a hat sometimes

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

June 7th, 2011, 4:58 pm #4

they should be ashamed of themselves........the NCAA that is-T

They sure should be! According to you and Bronco Boy, they have no business punishing "THE GREATEST SCHOOL IN THE LAND"

--------------------------------------------
With Palmer...playoff team, without Palmer...have to wait and see who the qb is and then hope to hell that they get out of his lock out, or you will have a new qb running system with no off season camps to learn the system or time to connect with his wide outs.-Murf, the Football scholar

June 8th, 2011, 12:48 am #5

Your like a little yapping chihuahua trying to get someones attention arnt you?

June 15th, 2011, 4:30 pm #6

only 13 or so hours of discussion to get to the bottem of this...and 6 months till we get a report.

"Well, it ain't braggin' if it's true
Yes sir, yes sir
It ain't braggin' if it's true
Muhammad Ali said that
Back when he was a young man
Back when he was Cassius Clay
Before he fought too many fights
And left his brain inside the ring"

June 15th, 2011, 6:02 pm #7

If the administration knew of the the violations, we should be punished accordingly.

If not, then the heavy charge of "Lack of Institutional Control" will not be levied.

It may seem patently obvious to the OSU haters that 20 or so guys getting free tattoos at some parlor in downtown Columbus should have been obvious to the administration. However, OSU does not follow these guys 24/7.

The only way OSU should get into trouble is if Tressel had forwarded the email to Gene Smith and Gene Smith did nothing.

Seriously, its free tattoos.

"Insert witty quotation here"

June 15th, 2011, 8:44 pm #8

Here is an example of the administration knowing something.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6662097

A school administration employee paid for this kid's vehicle. Huge No-No.
Much bigger than OSU.

June 15th, 2011, 10:53 pm #9

Bronco, I don't think the NCAA is gonna givea d^mn what you think. A violation is a violation. Whether Gene Smith knew about it or not, I don't think is gonna matter to them. According to them, OSU was playing ineligible players according to the rules. I'd be willing to bet your tune would be different if this was Michigan that this was happening too. This has been going on since Sweater Vest Boy came.

--------------------------------------------
With Palmer...playoff team, without Palmer...have to wait and see who the qb is and then hope to hell that they get out of his lock out, or you will have a new qb running system with no off season camps to learn the system or time to connect with his wide outs.-Murf, the Football scholar

June 16th, 2011, 12:18 am #10

"Bronco, I don't think the NCAA is gonna givea d^mn what you think. A violation is a violation. Whether Gene Smith knew about it or not, I don't think is gonna matter to them. According to them, OSU was playing ineligible players according to the rules. I'd be willing to bet your tune would be different if this was Michigan that this was happening too. This has been going on since Sweater Vest Boy came."

The issue is whether or not the school (i.e. the administration) knew about it or not. Tressel is a coach and not part of the administration. He was suspended and then resigned. The man lost his job. Pretty stiff? Maybe...but the point is OSU cleaned house.

In that sense, a violation is not a violation.

Secondly, and perhaps most importantly (and the largest difference maker between OSU, USC and SMU) is tat OSU self-reported EVERYTHING. OSU leads the nation in self-reporting even the most minor of infractions. I can see you think that the coach and the administration is one body, which according to the NCAA, they most certainly are not. USC and SMU both had problems with what the administration knew.

Pryor was also a problem. He was suspended and then resigned (however, I do think OSU will release a letter stating his eligibility would have been gone for the year too). Other players have also been suspended.

In OSU's case, so far at least, OSU's administration did not know anything. If they had, it would and should be a huge problem.

I think a fair punishment would be for the 2010 wins (except the Sugar Bowl - the NCAA created their own can of worms on that issue) to be vacated.

Confirmation of reply: