Big Ben's excuse generator? Or a Gladiator...

Big Ben's excuse generator? Or a Gladiator...

December 10th, 2011, 3:50 pm #1

What's the frank truth here? There are facts that mitigate his heroship, and there are scenes like Thursday night.

Eventually the HOF will ask the question. Ben?

No doubt if they win another SB before he retires. Even if he doesn't, I wonder if the peanut gallery respects or reviles Roethlisberger more?

So is he a Titan or a Trashheap? Did he take Pburg to 2 SB wins and a loss or did the old and slow LeBeaus take him?

Mikey is cleverer than you think.
Last edited by Bengal_Boy on December 10th, 2011, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 10th, 2011, 5:36 pm #2

This is very hard for me to say considering my deep hatred for the Steelers but Ben is a great QB, although he is in a great situation playing for a team that does whatever it takes to win he has the capabilities to put the team on his back whenever he has to, he routinely escapes pressure and makes big plays, he plays hurt and he wins Super Bowls, not much more he can do on the field .

And he puts up good fantasy football numbers lol

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

December 10th, 2011, 7:11 pm #3

Ben doesn' get the credit he deserves b/c he makes plays w his feet as much as his arm.

He scrambles around, dodges would-be tacklers and is tough to bring down. Sometimes it looks fluky, and it certainly isn't as pretty as watching a pure passer, but he's been doing it so long there is no way you can say it's a fluke.

Imo, he is a first ballot HOFer, currently only behind Rodgers, Brady and Brees.

I hate the Stealers but you have to give him credit. He took Bill Cowher from being a solid coach to The Legend of the Thumb. He won Bettis a Superbowl. The teams he plays for are largely average without him, he is the difference maker. He may not ever have the stats to be in the MVP conversation, but he deserves to be in the conversation imo. Without Ben the Stealers probably don't even make the playoffs. With him they are 10-3.

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

December 10th, 2011, 10:44 pm #4

I'm one of the biggest procrastinators ever. So I recognize others that are gifted at waiting to do things.

Roethlisberger is the best guy at having patience in the pocket ever. I'm not sure what causes this. If it's confidence in his guys. If he has too much confidence in himself.

Whatever the case, that's why he gets sacked too much. It's on him. Nobody else--unless LT whiffs on his block like he did the other night (terrible block).

Roethlisberger also has a sense of humor:

1st and 10: Sacked
1st and 18: Penalty (false start)
2nd and 23: 7 yard pass play
3rd and 16: 17 yard pass play on a rollout.

His fans must get heartattacks from watching this sh*t. It makes for some of the best football to watch. Very compelling. I would rather watch the Steelers than the Bungles any ole day.

Big Ben is one of the reasons why. He's exciting and doesn't get near enough credit for what he does. Plus, tough as GD Nails. Bret Favre is the only other guy I've ever heard of starting with a broken thumb on his throwing hand.

YOU IMAGINE TAKING A SNAP FROM AN NFL CENTER WITH A BROKEN THUMB??!?!?!?!?!?!? That sh*t must hurt. Everytime. I understand why Roethlisberger likes the Shotgun currently.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence
Last edited by oldschoolerfan on December 10th, 2011, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 10th, 2011, 11:29 pm #5

"His fans must get heart attacks from watching this sh*t."

Not sure if they get heart attacks but they have gotten a few Lombardi Trophies from it

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

December 11th, 2011, 12:01 am #6

I'd rather have to stop Ben on ten three-and-shorts than be asked to stop him once on a third-and-long.

BMN
BMN

December 11th, 2011, 12:36 am #7

The "Big Jen" era was unfair label from some of us. After all, his first two major injuries were serious...the motorcycle crash then the appendectomy. Other than that he has been as tough as nails....when he can't play, he literally can't play!

And I agree with anyone who has him headed for Canton, especially with one more Superbowl.

Confirmation of reply: