best off-season ever?

best off-season ever?

July 13th, 2011, 9:29 pm #1

rehiring a hated/terrible Hcoach, draft a WR when there is no need at WR, the instant reply system upgrade is on hold likely to get turned down, the new HD video board was shot down, the Wallstreet Journal article ripping the family, & espn ranking them last out of #122, Pacman's arrest, Palmer's trade request/threat, Chad's typical ripping of Mike&Marvin, Benson's arrest, M.White's arrest...& of course the prospects of not having an NFL season w/ the Lock-out...

this might be an ideal mbs off-season...

too bad mikey has no idea any of these things are going on...
Last edited by LoyaltyClause on July 30th, 2011, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 13th, 2011, 10:30 pm #2

He is getting smacked around at every angle!

They don't need a jumbo tron in HD, it is bad enough that we have to watch them live, let alone see close up replays.

I don't understand the man myself.
I would build the bubble..
Agree to pay for the majority of the upgrades for the next five years

Trade Carson, release Chad and start fresh...

That way you shut everyone up.
Carson is gone and Dalton becomes the man without any distractions.
Chad is finally out of here
The fans can't complain about making the million dollar babies practice outside in the cold.

Ticket sales are sad at this point, so you would think a good business man would at least, throw some wool over the eyes.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

July 13th, 2011, 10:53 pm #3

Mike Brown obviously has a mental disorder

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

July 14th, 2011, 12:09 am #4

"No need at WR"

Huh? Is this a joke?

"Insert witty quotation here"

July 14th, 2011, 12:36 am #5

"They don't need a jumbo tron in HD, it is bad enough that we have to watch them live, let alone see close up replays."

Possibly the funniest and most spot on thing you have ever posted here Murf. Lmao. Nice.h

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

July 14th, 2011, 1:04 am #6

no joke bronco, at least that i intended anyways...i do understand some in the draft go with the mentality of drafting the best player regardless of position and need, esp. in the early picks yes...and AJ Green falls into that category this year, yes...BUT...this team def. had other areas on their roster need some serious attention beyond WR position when they were deciding what to their first pick...sadly lol I think QB was the only other option that the family had considered...

could be referred to other times in the past where they felt the need to draft at that position early as well & when they had glaring holes elsewhere. i.e. warrick, simpson, etc....

w/ chad under contract, caldwell, simpson, shipley & gresham i just didn't see the need for AJ...

HOWEVER, all signs (and i finally believe it too) are pointing towards Ocho getting the boot finally...

July 14th, 2011, 4:09 am #7

rehiring a hated/terrible Hcoach, draft a WR when there is no need at WR, the instant reply system upgrade is on hold likely to get turned down, the new HD video board was shot down, the Wallstreet Journal article ripping the family, & espn ranking them last out of #122, Pacman's arrest, Palmer's trade request/threat, Chad's typical ripping of Mike&Marvin, Benson's arrest, M.White's arrest...& of course the prospects of not having an NFL season w/ the Lock-out...

this might be an ideal mbs off-season...

too bad mikey has no idea any of these things are going on...
I've enjoyed the lockout. It feels kinda liberating with, you know, less going on to feed the addiction (my Bungles addiction). Too bad it's going to end soon, or so it would seem. I was looking forward to a whole year off from the old grind. Yeah, definitely a candidate for the best offseason.

That was a pretty darn quick Who Dey Perspective response to the Wall Street Journal article.
The same day the Journal story appeared, the Bengals sent a rebuttal to the newspapers editor. Today we are sharing that with arguably our most valued audience, the readers of Bengals.com.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/W ... 369dfe5cef
Hey, what MBS'er doesn't read Bengals.com? How does feel, most-valued-audience compatriots, to be held in such high regard? Excuse me while I try out my newfound swagger.

EDIT: Make that "arguably-most-valued-audience compatriots".
Last edited by psychostats on July 14th, 2011, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 14th, 2011, 4:45 am #8

Just came across this in my favorite political blog, refering to the WSJ article: "OK Sports Fans (Read: Taxpayers): Are the Bengals and Reds Worth a Billion Dollars?"
Up next is a rollback of a property tax rebate that was used to get voters to support the financing of Paul Brown Stadium. To put it bluntly, the voters in Hamilton County were suckers: They voted for temporary tax breaks and long-term debt obligation, all for a sort of White Elephant construction that is proven not to increase the size of the local economy.

Is this any way to run a city, county, state, nation? And before you answer that, remember that while broke, the city of Cinncinnati is still pushing to build another proven money-suck: an old-timey streetcar.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/07/13/ok-sp ... -taxpayers
I guess Reason Hit & Run should read Who Dey Perspective. Hardy har har.

July 15th, 2011, 1:09 am #9

""No need at WR"

Huh? Is this a joke?"

No, not a joke. Or do you like all the MFB Offensive Skill Player Preciousssssessssssss that he's been collecting?

I truly believe that you could win a Super Bowl with a great Offensive Line--and have Shipley as your 2nd WR.

Or do you guys not remember Phil McConkey or Mark Bavaro?

BTW--I've heard stories about Bavaro. I heard he's still crazy.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

July 15th, 2011, 2:26 am #10

Just came across this in my favorite political blog, refering to the WSJ article: "OK Sports Fans (Read: Taxpayers): Are the Bengals and Reds Worth a Billion Dollars?"
Up next is a rollback of a property tax rebate that was used to get voters to support the financing of Paul Brown Stadium. To put it bluntly, the voters in Hamilton County were suckers: They voted for temporary tax breaks and long-term debt obligation, all for a sort of White Elephant construction that is proven not to increase the size of the local economy.

Is this any way to run a city, county, state, nation? And before you answer that, remember that while broke, the city of Cinncinnati is still pushing to build another proven money-suck: an old-timey streetcar.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/07/13/ok-sp ... -taxpayers
I guess Reason Hit & Run should read Who Dey Perspective. Hardy har har.
I am desperatly hoping for an 0-16 season if the NFL plays next year. If not, I guess I will have to wait another year for the ultimate Bungle experience.

To be honest, I think it unexplicable that this team has never gone 0-16 under Mikey as of yet. It leaves me scratching my head.

Confirmation of reply: