Bengals Moving to L.A?

Bengals Moving to L.A?

January 9th, 2012, 3:54 am #1

You heard it here first. Mike Brown will move the team to LA. Within 3 years this team is gone. He will not be able to walk away from the $$$$$$ and because there were empty seats this year he has an excuse he can throw out there to make it look like its not his fault.

January 9th, 2012, 4:01 am #2

Cool, maybe Hamilton County can sue the NFL for the cost of PBS

I'll help load the moving trucks

January 9th, 2012, 4:07 am #3

When he acquired all the minority shares this year, you knew something was up.

Question - who do I root for?

The Clowns? Gasp...

The Stealers? Never...

"Insert witty quotation here"

January 9th, 2012, 4:16 am #4

I don't see how he's going to get out of the lease unless the county releases him, pretty sure there would be some kind of lawsuit over the cost of PBS, would be horrible PR for the NFL, not sure the NFL wants to deal with it and I'm positive LA does not want any part of Mike Brown.

January 9th, 2012, 5:40 am #5

Why would LA want him - are they aware of his miserable performance for the last 21 years here? If he were to go why would he suddenly do better out there? Would LA give him whatever he needs including the means to build a better front office and more scouts?

January 9th, 2012, 12:50 pm #6

This is the best news I've heard all year. No longer will I feel bound to this team for any reason. I will finally be released into the free world to chose a team of my choice to root for.
Last edited by Fulcher-the-Vulture on January 9th, 2012, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 9th, 2012, 1:25 pm #7

You heard it here first. Mike Brown will move the team to LA. Within 3 years this team is gone. He will not be able to walk away from the $$$$$$ and because there were empty seats this year he has an excuse he can throw out there to make it look like its not his fault.
What are you smoking, Swamp? Mike Brown loves money, but he also insists on being dull and plodding. Moving the team anywhere is too bold of a stroke.

His entire clan is too darn comfortable tending their neat little garden in Cincinnati. One glance at the California tax rates (not to mention the projected moving expenses) would stop any consideration dead in its tracks.

Not that I wouldn't like to see it.

Maybe a future generation will move the team overseas when the NFL goes global. They can go to India and become the Bombay Bengals.

January 9th, 2012, 2:22 pm #8

Ya gotta really starve the Mike-beast before he would resort to that. You've got to really make him consider the cost of the moving trucks as a worthwhile investment.

On a sidenote, I'm totally addicted to the show Storage Wars and I keep waiting for Mike Brown to show up in the background somewhere.

BMN
BMN

January 9th, 2012, 3:14 pm #9

What kind of drugs are you smoking?

There will be a team in LA in three years, but it is not going to be the Cincinnati Bengals.
Option #1
San Diego Chargers

option #2
Oakland Raiders

option #3
Jax Jags

option #4
The Bills

Option #5
Vikings

The Jags just sold and with a new owner in place, there is nothing to keep the team there.
Old people do not support the team.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

January 9th, 2012, 4:27 pm #10

Ok, so Mike Brown's Bengals are going to pack up and move 2200 miles away. He's too cheap to pay for the move. Does anyone think that the Chargers owner is going to sit by idley while some loser moves into his territory? Also, Mike Brown is a big fish in a small town. Here in LA he would be competing with Dr. Jerry Buss of the Lakers, a new Dodger owner, and Artie Moreno of the Angels who just signed the biggest free agent in history. Mike Brown would be a dingleberry on the azz of LA. Throw in this fact: Moving to LA immediately increases the value of your franchise. The NFL is not going to allow a perenial LOSER to ruin a Los Angeles franchise. btw, NO NFL HERE SINCE 1995 and NO ONE CARES.

Confirmation of reply: