Bengals have the worst facilities in the AFC North? Shocking!!!

Bengals have the worst facilities in the AFC North? Shocking!!!

July 1st, 2011, 1:04 am #1

From ESPN.Com's AFC North blog...

"Best team facility: "The Castle" in Owings Mills, Md., is impressive. It's the best team facility in the division and one of the best in the league. The Ravens have beautiful outdoor practice fields and a huge fieldhouse that is top-notch. The team spared no expense. Pittsburgh's complex is second and the Cleveland Browns' training facility in Berea, Ohio, is third. Last is the training facility of the Bengals, who practice at their stadium and are behind the times compared with most NFL teams. Cincinnati doesn't have an indoor practice facility, which has been a point of contention between ownership and Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis."

"Insert witty quotation here"

July 1st, 2011, 1:59 am #2

oh yea...but at least our owner saves money so there.....

July 1st, 2011, 2:07 am #3

Yea but we have one of the Grudens

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

July 1st, 2011, 12:24 pm #4

...and not need to remind you...JORDAN PALMER.....hello...can you say MVP!
Last edited by takinitintherear on July 1st, 2011, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bergyman
Bergyman

July 3rd, 2011, 10:43 am #5

oh yea...but at least our owner saves money so there.....
Clevend get Holmgren and we get ?

July 3rd, 2011, 3:13 pm #6

...and not need to remind you...JORDAN PALMER.....hello...can you say MVP!
Wow! You guys are absolutely right. It has nothing to do about facilities or changes of socks and underwear or scouting (because they have the same information as everyone else anyways) and everything to do with schemes and playcalling. Bengals 13-3 2011! Who dey!

July 4th, 2011, 8:33 am #8

"The Bengals released Rimington before the 1988 season after saying he failed a physical exam -- a questionable outcome after Philadelphia cleared Rimington to play immediately. He retired after the 1989 season.

"I went from one of the best organizations in college football to probably one of the worst organizations in the NFL," Rimington said. "I went from a weight room that was half the size of a football field to a weight room that looked like a junior high weight room, and the strength coach didn't want anybody to lift. ... It was ridiculous the stuff we had to go through there. I just had to shake my head. It's like the black hole of professional football." - Dave Rimington

The shame is, that this was an accurate assessment in 1988! That was Paul Brown era.

I guess that the old "how far behind the time are the Bengals" question can best be assessed in terms of distance measurements. In 1988 they were millions of miles behind even just a major D-1 college program. In 2011 they are light years behind the rest of their division and the rest of the league, and I would imagine a majority of D-1 programs and CFL franchises to boot.

July 7th, 2011, 6:19 pm #9

Clevend get Holmgren and we get ?
Wow, we are last out of 4. Did the article ever say our facilities sucked? No, just said the other 3 teams had better ones.

Stupid article.

July 7th, 2011, 11:34 pm #10

"Did the article ever say our facilities sucked? No, just said the other 3 teams had better ones. '

The Bengals team doesn't suck either the 31 other teams are just better

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

Confirmation of reply: