Barkley's proved he belongs

Barkley's proved he belongs

December 1st, 2011, 8:49 am #1

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/stor ... erwork-nfl

Yeah--for once I agree. Barkley's ready. It will be a good selection on whomever drafts him.

I just wonder though--with a QB and RB heavy draft, can Barkley go in the 1st 10 picks of 2012? I think he should. He's proved it.

I just hope that the Jacksonville's and the Redskins of the league stay far, far away from Barkley. That could spell impending doom for him.

Hopefully, he goes to a good team. Good luck, kid.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

December 1st, 2011, 10:06 am #2

I have been saying all season that suck for Luck theme was silly b/c you have 3 other qb's that can flat out play.
I agree Luck is a special talent, but if you watch Barkley play, he is not too far behind Luck.
I give Luck the edge b/c he is playing with less talent around him and making other players look better than they are b/c he is that good of a qb, but I think the team that is lucky enough to draft Barkley is going to be very happy.
4 pretty solid prospects coming out this year combined with the class from last year and the NFL is swinging back around to having a bunch of good qb's.

1st-2nd round
Andrew Luck-- Stanford
Landry Jones--Oklahoma
Matt Barkley-- USC
Brandon Weeden---Okl State
Kirk Cousins---Michigan State
Nick Foles--Arizona

other players that might be worthy of a 3rd-7th round pick
Kellen Moore---Boise
Ryan Tannehill--Texas A&M
Case Keenum--Houston
Robert Griffin--Baylor
Jarret Lee--LSU (could be a great sleeper pick)

If I were Indy, I would trade the top pick for a ton of draft picks.
They still have Manning and if you have a healthy Manning for several more years, you have the luxury of drafting a guy in the 3rd round or later instead of going after Luck.
There is little doubt that Luck is the best qb coming out this year with Barkley and Jones right behind him, but you can't fix all the problems that you have by drafting a qb that will be sitting behind your Hall of Fame starter.

Tailbacks...
Richardson (Bama)
BAll (Wiskey)
James (oregon)
Pead (Cincy)
Rainey (Florida)
Demps (Florida)
Herron (Bucks)

A nice group of backs that will be gone in the first 2 rounds.

Bengals have 2 first round picks.
#1---Need a stud defensive play maker
#2--Need a tailback
#2b--Need a legit corner

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

December 1st, 2011, 3:20 pm #3

I think Barkley will go high, definitely in top 10.

In fact, I'm guessing he goes to the Browns with a top 5 pick.

We'll see how the combine and pro day goes, but honestly wouldn't surprise me if he went #2 after Luck. QBs always go super high in the draft. Remember, Gabbert was a top 10 pick this past summer!

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

December 2nd, 2011, 6:19 am #4

I'm not really sure--with guys like Richardson and Oregon RB coming out--can Barkley go Top 10?

Also, Griffin from Baylor makes Baylor a top 25 team. Without Griffin, they are the bottom of the barrel in the Big 12.

I think he's worthy of a 2nd round pick. At least.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

December 2nd, 2011, 10:44 am #5

I hear a ton of people talking about the Griffin kid, but I have only watched Baylor play 1 full game.
So I don't have much of an opinion on him, but with the new rule changes in the NFL and how much a team can afford to take a flyer on this kid, he might even go late first round to a middle of the road team with a vet qb that is not exactly setting the world on fire.

Would love to get a break away back...but Marvin is in love with the power back types.

December 3rd, 2011, 2:08 am #6

First off, he's black. LOL!!!!!

But IMO, Griffin's got it all. He's mobile and he's got a strong arm. Accurate. I don't really see many chinks in the armor. The only chink I see--is that he chose Baylor.

LOL!!!!!!!

Oh well, you can check him out when his Bears play sometime around 1/1/2012.

Last edited by oldschoolerfan on December 3rd, 2011, 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 3rd, 2011, 3:24 am #7

I don't care how mobile he is...
Honestly, he can have concrete feet in my opinion.
As long as he can do certain things at the NFL level like....

#1 Can he read a defense (both pass and run)
#2 Can he deliver the ball with accuracy above 60%
#3 Can he make the majority of the throws
#4 Can he work the entire the field after the snap

Kyper is high on him and that makes me nervous...

December 3rd, 2011, 11:23 am #8

http://espn.go.com/college-football/pla ... riffin-iii

34 TDs only 5 INTs.

Never passed for under 60%. Beat Oklahoma. Kid is for real.

December 3rd, 2011, 2:25 pm #9

Careful falc...your not an expert of the game like our special one here....your liable to piss him off defending a black QB when you dont even understand the game....

December 3rd, 2011, 10:05 pm #10

Damn--he just threw his 1st (terrible) INT at home this year. Indeed it was a horrible pass.

Nobody's perfect. I still think he's NFL Ready.

Confirmation of reply: