Akili Smith...

Akili Smith...

April 13th, 2012, 12:36 am #1

...one of the few who has actually decided to join the real world. Kudos to Akili. Maybe he will find his real calling now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 54242.html

April 13th, 2012, 1:10 am #2

Akili's name was mentioned at the Mike Brown futility award ceremony at Molley's that cold day in Dec. 2010.

April 13th, 2012, 11:38 am #3

April 13th, 2012, 5:54 pm #4

Good for Akili Smith. With age comes wisdom.

April 13th, 2012, 10:09 pm #5

Wonder if things could have been different if he was drafted by a real NFL team

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

April 14th, 2012, 3:05 am #6

I remember hearing something very vague at the time about Akili Smith not wanting to work very hard. Why we didn't hear more is beyond me. Did the media give the QB a pass because of who he played for?

Counting endorsements, Akili's Heel must have made well over $50 million while he was jet setting between San Diego and Cincy. Couldn't care less what that bum is doing now. So he's going to make more money -- and gain a little prestige -- by telling young guys not to do what he did? Please.

Something tells me that we don't have the full story on why he busted. The way those quotes read, he really doesn't sound remorseful. Something feels off about the whole thing.

April 14th, 2012, 9:12 am #7

"I gotta do a Spanish or a math [class], so I'm thinking that's going to take about a year and a half. So I should be done here in the next couple years," Smith recently said by phone.

This sounds like a guy that gets it, NOT! Which is it dude, math or spanish? I kind of doubt you can pick one or the other, since they are nowhere near the same discipline, lol.

Hope it's legit and guy keeps doing good work. You never know if it's a guy trying to rebuild their image just to make some more $ or not, but better they try to do that then just continue to not give a fudge I guess.

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

KitnaSucks
KitnaSucks

April 16th, 2012, 8:08 pm #8

and why the hell would it take a year and a half....hooked on phonics worked for me

April 16th, 2012, 8:10 pm #9

"I gotta do a Spanish or a math [class], so I'm thinking that's going to take about a year and a half. So I should be done here in the next couple years," Smith recently said by phone.

This sounds like a guy that gets it, NOT! Which is it dude, math or spanish? I kind of doubt you can pick one or the other, since they are nowhere near the same discipline, lol.

Hope it's legit and guy keeps doing good work. You never know if it's a guy trying to rebuild their image just to make some more $ or not, but better they try to do that then just continue to not give a fudge I guess.

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.
why in the hell would it take a year and a half,,,,,

i guess hooked on phonics didnt work
Last edited by KitnaSucks on April 16th, 2012, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 16th, 2012, 9:14 pm #10

Akili was a good athlete, had a rag arm, probably not smart enough to play QB. A masterful job by Mikey and Co. and the other brilliant minds that make up our wonderful football braintrust.

Confirmation of reply: