2017 Week 9 Game Thread: Bungs at Jags

2017 Week 9 Game Thread: Bungs at Jags

November 5th, 2017, 5:52 pm #1

The big news is that Jags running back Leonard Fournette has been benched for "violating a team rule." Apparently he missed the team photo shoot. This is a break for Cincinnati, but of course the need remains to score some points on the Jags sacking defense.

This is still looking like an embarrassing loss for the Bungs, just not as embarrassing as it might have been. I'm thinking Jags by 13 points, with the Bungs getting a touchdown in garbage time.

By the way, China Doll Ross is healthy but inactive for the game. And lest I forget, Bullock is also out with a sore back and the new kicker Koehn is in.
Last edited by psychostats on November 5th, 2017, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 5th, 2017, 6:01 pm #2

Fournette being out is a huge break. Forces Bortles to have to beat the Bungs more through the air and that works to the defense's advantage. However, the Bungs o-line sucks and the Jags D-line rocks. Dalton could be in for a long day as I pointed out in another thread.

November 5th, 2017, 6:17 pm #3

The big news is that Jags running back Leonard Fournette has been benched for "violating a team rule." Apparently he missed the team photo shoot. This is a break for Cincinnati, but of course the need remains to score some points on the Jags sacking defense.

This is still looking like an embarrassing loss for the Bungs, just not as embarrassing as it might have been. I'm thinking Jags by 13 points, with the Bungs getting a touchdown in garbage time.

By the way, China Doll Ross is healthy but inactive for the game. And lest I forget, Bullock is also out with a sore back and the new kicker Koehn is in.
Looks like the Bungs have greatly minimized their offense to protect Dalton. That first drive had terribly conservative play calling, and most of their yards came from a taunting penalty against Jacksonville.

November 5th, 2017, 6:22 pm #4

Wow what a catch. Credit the receiver on that one.

November 5th, 2017, 6:24 pm #5

Damn Williams should've had that INT.

November 5th, 2017, 6:25 pm #6

Shawn Williams drops a tipped pass that floated right to him, Bungs give up a field goal.

We could use a ball-hawking safety in addition to more O-linemen in the draft.
Last edited by psychostats on November 5th, 2017, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 5th, 2017, 6:25 pm #7

Plays like that is where they miss Reggie Nelson.

November 5th, 2017, 6:28 pm #8

Right from the get go it's clear who the better team is. Now the bungs can't even stop the pass. This team need lots of bodies.

November 5th, 2017, 6:34 pm #9

One quarter gone and no sacks on Dalton. That feels liek soemthing of an accomplishment.

Dalton missed a wide open Green on a long pass. Can't have that today, but that's Andy. He had time to throw. He looks skittish to me back there.

It's the offensive line that makes the Bungs look inept. Otherwise, they would be dangerous.

November 5th, 2017, 6:45 pm #10

I'm being given a private tour of the Pit of Misery.

Dilly Dilly

Confirmation of reply: