2017 NFL Draft Thread

April 27th, 2017, 10:54 pm #11

The draft commences Thursday. Which poor, young men, who have worked hard all their lives to get to the point where they get to fulfill their dreams of playing in the NFL, will have their career hopes dashed as they get drafted by a team that can, at best, get you to the playoffs but never win in them?

We can use this thread to discuss who the Bengals should draft, might draft, and of course the actual draft on Thursday night. I watch zero college ball, so I hope to pick up a draft guide in order to be able to follow along with the draft.
The Bengals offensive line is horrendous. Dalton. Was sacked 41 times last year and a good Offensive line can turn a mediocre QB and Mediocre running back to looking decent. They need to draft OT and G in their first two picks.

April 27th, 2017, 11:22 pm #12

The draft commences Thursday. Which poor, young men, who have worked hard all their lives to get to the point where they get to fulfill their dreams of playing in the NFL, will have their career hopes dashed as they get drafted by a team that can, at best, get you to the playoffs but never win in them?

We can use this thread to discuss who the Bengals should draft, might draft, and of course the actual draft on Thursday night. I watch zero college ball, so I hope to pick up a draft guide in order to be able to follow along with the draft.
This is a really bad year for offensive linemen. It wouldn't be a bad idea to trade down, pick up a couple more picks, and take some flyers on the O-line. The problem with that strategy is that lots of teams would like to trade down and few would like to trade up.

The Bungs have 11 picks as it is, so those flyers will have to come in the later rounds. I have a feeling that they end up with a defensive end today like all the scribes were predicting in January. There's Goundhog Day for you. One gigantic circle, looping back to where we all started when thinking about this draft.

April 27th, 2017, 11:51 pm #13

Therefore, we will not draft anybody for the Offensive Line.

April 28th, 2017, 12:01 am #14

Im betting Mike Brown drafts at least 5 WR's

April 28th, 2017, 12:11 am #15

I think they'll take Corey Davis, WR from Western Michigan.
Last edited by Bungleistic on April 28th, 2017, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 28th, 2017, 12:24 am #16

WTF!! Kind of trade was that by the Bears this QB was so hot he wouldn't have been available next pick?

April 28th, 2017, 12:28 am #17

I wonder if Cleveland was trying to trade up to No. 2 overall.

April 28th, 2017, 12:32 am #18

Lol

April 28th, 2017, 12:33 am #19

I'm surprised the bears took Trubisky, I thought they were gonna take a defensive guy. The Browns will probably draft Deshaun Watson now.

April 28th, 2017, 12:43 am #20

My prediction is wrong, there goes Davis.

Confirmation of reply: