The HUB - Threads Link Central

You feel you can logically defend the idea of Eyescream defeating Superman then this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer, Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer

The HUB - Threads Link Central

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

30 Jan 2017, 04:19 #1

The purpose of this thread is to give us Vs. Forum Tavernites a place to share links for some of the other Threads they also post in.

This will give all of us "Vs. Forums only" folks who are too lazy to go digging for other stuff to look at (describing myself here :grin: ) a chance to quickly scan through other areas of the Tavern that our friends are actively using.

There's more to this site than just the Vs. Forum, which is something I tend to forget myself. Let's make some easy links to that other fun!

:thbsup:
When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

30 Jan 2017, 04:22 #2

I'll toss out a few to start with:

"What's The Most Recent Comic Or Comics You Got?" (Thanks to Kun for this one!)
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comi ... topic=1337

"Discussion of Modern Comics, Discuss or compare modern comics"
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comi ... t=75&#last
When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

30 Jan 2017, 04:24 #3

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

04 Feb 2017, 12:53 #4

This is a wizard idea, Jax. Guys like Thinkerer have come up with cool "What If?" thread ideas...the kind of wide-open, dream-team concepts usually posted in the General Comics Discussion boards. But they get created instead on these Mighty Omega Vs. boards (for reasons that escape me), where they suffer the ignominious fate of getting buried on page 38 or whatever. Since discussion forums like the General Comics don't get much play anyways, that makes this HUB a doubly-good idea.

For starters, the "What If?" type threads. Use your imagination to create new character versions, team lineups, cosmic hierarchies, that sorta thing:

Who Would Be or Should Be...(Part 1)
Who Would Be or Should Be...(Part 2)
Create Your Own Alternate Team
Create Your Own Starfleet Team
Create Your Own Herald
Characters Who Should Go Cosmic?
Super-Crossovers You'd Like To See?

The Forum Games boards are a mixed bag, where some Tavernites might be really active for awhile and then not come back for months. Some of the guessing games are specifically geared towards comics fans, either trying to identify a character from a few clues or guessing the book where a character made their first appearance. In recent times these trivia exercises are just Doc Omega & myself (with an occasional K'unlunsorceror appearance)...some new blood would be most welcome. Doc's also been adding to Marvel & DC master lists, which archive the ones we've already guessed in the past. Please, in the name of everything holy...come & save us from ourselves:

The Comic Character Guessing Game
The Marvel First Appearance Game
The DC First Appearance Game
Marvel Character List (resource for the Marvel First Appearance Game)
DC Character List (resource for the DC First Appearance Game)

These last few are miscellaneous topics that I find interesting or amusing. Plus the DC forum thread for Injustice: Gods Among Us...since a lot of us mention it but rarely take the time to actually discuss:

Injustice: Gods Among Us
What X-men Characters Would Never Say
Your Own Experiences with Comics/Film Adaptations
What Celebrity Do You Resemble?
The Quotes Thread
The Ownage Thread
"We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good,
something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III

:thanosinfinity:

[WW] Gender Equality: Help empower women/girls

06 Feb 2017, 06:43 #5

Shameless plug:

Ask Hulkster Anything

The place you can go to ask me whatever question you want, and I guarantee an answer. I might be serious, I might not be, you'll have to ask to find out.
Check out the Outstanding Fan Fic section. We re-envision some of your favorite Marvel characters, and maybe some that you have never heard about:Outstanding Fan Fiction

Now introducing Ask Hulkster Anyting! The place where you can ask all of your burning questions and I guarantee an answer.

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

04 Mar 2017, 05:31 #6

Maybe this one catches on, maybe not. Whenever there's a character that you can't quite name, and could use some help from the rest of us, post your info over on:

Who IS This? Can anybody identify this character?
"We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good,
something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

19 Oct 2017, 23:02 #7

...the "What If?" type threads. Use your imagination to create new character versions, team lineups, cosmic hierarchies, that sorta thing:

Who Would Be or Should Be...(Part 1)
Who Would Be or Should Be...(Part 2)
Create Your Own Alternate Team
Create Your Own Fantastic/Frightful Four Team
Create Your Own Starfleet Team
Create Your Own Herald
Characters Who Should Go Cosmic?
Super-Crossovers You'd Like To See?

(Just adding the Fantastic/Frightful Four thread to this list, since it's not located in the General Comics boards. A fun idea like this will only get buried, whither, & die on the Omega Vs. boards.)

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

10 Nov 2017, 02:05 #8

The newest appreciation topic that none of you realized you so desperately needed:

The SABRETOOTH Appreciation Thread ! ! !

(Can't believe nobody else started this one before now...shame! :xy: )