Tavern NFL Fantasy Draft Sign-Up

You feel you can logically defend the idea of Eyescream defeating Superman then this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer, Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer

Tavern NFL Fantasy Draft Sign-Up

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

04 Aug 2017, 05:12 #1

Note: This threat is temporary, so no worries for folks who are of the "it ain't about comics" mind-set. I'm only putting it here for a couple of days because everyone who I know on here tends to post in this particular forum. After that, I'll move it to another section.

[patriot!]

This thread is to check to see if folks would be interested in having a Tavern-Based NFL Fantasy Football Draft Tourney.

For the moment, I just want anyone interested in joining to post an "I'll play" reply to this thread.

We would need at least 6 - 8 players to make this doable. The Drafting part and playing part is all done via a Free ESPN App on your phone (I've used it every year - super easy and straight forward).

Who wants to play Fantasy Football, Mickey's style?

When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

04 Aug 2017, 05:29 #2

I'll play

Thinkerer
Kree

04 Aug 2017, 06:27 #3

As a European I dont know shit about NFL, so i wont be playing.

Doc Omega
Living Tribunal
Doc Omega
Living Tribunal

04 Aug 2017, 11:30 #4

I'll play....probably

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

04 Aug 2017, 12:41 #5

Sweet, that's 2 so far.
When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

Infinity Man
Alpha Primitive
Infinity Man
Alpha Primitive

04 Aug 2017, 20:24 #6

I'll play
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving."

Doc Omega
Living Tribunal
Doc Omega
Living Tribunal

04 Aug 2017, 20:27 #7

Good to see you man

Redsledge
Kree

04 Aug 2017, 23:21 #8

I used to watch NFL, until they decided to come up with 400 different reasons to stop the damn game. Why do they need so many time outs? Dufuq is up with all these damn newer rules too? They ruined the game for me.

I'll still enkoy watching yall draft though
One of the worlds greatest pleasures is secret knowledge. Things you learn that your peers don't know, or imagine you know. Its the lifetime batting average of every member of the Yankees, stats of Desert Storm, or the names and home-worlds of legions of Superheroes. Commit this knowledge to memory, and you can speak the private language of those who have approached this with equal dedication.

The will of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death - Musashi

PS4: Redsledge
Xbox1: RedsledgeBLU

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

05 Aug 2017, 00:08 #9

So far we have:

Sal
Jax
Infinity
Doc

Half way there! [happy]

Coldstone
Cosmic Being
Coldstone
Cosmic Being

05 Aug 2017, 04:02 #10

I'm in... What are putting in the pot?

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

05 Aug 2017, 06:34 #11

Coldstone @ Aug 4 2017, 08:02 PM wrote: I'm in... What are putting in the pot?
Bragging rights!

:SM:

Actually, I was planning to unveil this as a surprise, but as commissioner of the tourney, I will be donating a large, hard-cover graphic novel or essential collection to the winner of the tourney (provided they are comfortable providing a mailing address for delivery purposes).

1st Place Prize will be winner's choice of any of the following:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1. DCU Rebirth Omnibus: Hard Cover Collection (all of the #1's in a single book).
2. Marvel Acts of Vengeance: Hard Cover Collection (all cross-overs).
3. Guardians of the Galaxy Omnibus: Hard Cover Collection (full Bendis' run).

All three HB GN's have already been acquired from my local Half-Priced bookstore and are in good (lightly used) condition. I have them sitting on a shelf awaiting the league winner. Each is about 3 fingers thick and loaded with content. Great reading!
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RWwyvRergCI/maxresdefault.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... LVjIuL.jpg
http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/images ... Y8433a.jpg

[barney] [smooth; [happy] :SM:

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

05 Aug 2017, 06:37 #12

We are already up to 5 players! We only need 3 more for an 8 person league!

Players so far:

Sal
Jax
Infinity
Doc
Coldstone

:thbsup:

(Note: I forgot to mention; but in the unlikely event that I win my own football tourney, the comic book prize will go to the 2nd place runner up. :grin: )

05 Aug 2017, 06:46 #13

No way, man. If you win the league, YOU are getting a graphic novel. I'll donate it. Might not be as cool as the ones you're offering, but I'm sure I've got something you'd want.

Great idea for a prize BTW!

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

05 Aug 2017, 06:49 #14

After we have 8 or more players, I will post links to the ESPN phone app that we will use for playing, links to "How to" guides for the basics of Fantasy Football and Drafting, and links to some helpful articles and sites that provide tons of draft strategy, predicted upcoming stats for players, and other such helpful tools.

This is going to be a blast! :friends:

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

05 Aug 2017, 06:52 #15

salmandini67 @ Aug 4 2017, 10:46 PM wrote: No way, man. If you win the league, YOU are getting a graphic novel. I'll donate it. Might not be as cool as the ones you're offering, but I'm sure I've got something you'd want.

Great idea for a prize BTW!
Hey, that works for me. I'll still be sending 2nd place their pick of the GN's posted though. I have the single comics for all of them, so it's no skin of my shins to share the love.

Come to think of it, I'll likely donate all three to players that come in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. They'll just collect dust on my shelf. I want others to enjoy these sweet story lines! :grin:

Doc Omega
Living Tribunal
Doc Omega
Living Tribunal

05 Aug 2017, 10:59 #16

we're playing for money?

05 Aug 2017, 16:03 #17

I guess I'll join in.
Check out the Outstanding Fan Fic section. We re-envision some of your favorite Marvel characters, and maybe some that you have never heard about:Outstanding Fan Fiction

Now introducing Ask Hulkster Anyting! The place where you can ask all of your burning questions and I guarantee an answer.

05 Aug 2017, 16:11 #18

Doc Omega @ Aug 5 2017, 05:59 AM wrote: we're playing for money?
No. Jax is just going to send a graphic novel to the champion. And if it's him, I'm sending him one.

05 Aug 2017, 16:18 #19

thehulkster94 @ Aug 5 2017, 11:03 AM wrote: I guess I'll join in.
Hell yeah, man! It's gonna be fun. If you have even a casual familiarity with the top offensive playmakers in the NFL, you'll be just fine. And even if you don't, there'll be lists available that will have players ranked in order of projected performance for the upcoming year.

Note - I don't mean to imply that you don't know football. I have no idea if you do or not. This is directed at anyone who is apprehensive about joining. I just quoted you out of excitement over being so close to having a league of viable size! [happy]

05 Aug 2017, 16:39 #20

salmandini67 @ Aug 5 2017, 09:18 AM wrote:
thehulkster94 @ Aug 5 2017, 11:03 AM wrote: I guess I'll join in.
Hell yeah, man! It's gonna be fun. If you have even a casual familiarity with the top offensive playmakers in the NFL, you'll be just fine. And even if you don't, there'll be lists available that will have players ranked in order of projected performance for the upcoming year.

Note - I don't mean to imply that you don't know football. I have no idea if you do or not. This is directed at anyone who is apprehensive about joining. I just quoted you out of excitement over being so close to having a league of viable size! [happy]
I'm familiar with the NFL. I've never tried fantasy, but I have a passing familiarity with how to play.
Check out the Outstanding Fan Fic section. We re-envision some of your favorite Marvel characters, and maybe some that you have never heard about:Outstanding Fan Fiction

Now introducing Ask Hulkster Anyting! The place where you can ask all of your burning questions and I guarantee an answer.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

05 Aug 2017, 21:47 #21

Our head count is up to 6 players. We only need 2 more for a full 8 person league!

Playing thus far:
-----------------
Sal
Jax
Infinity
Doc
Coldstone
Hulkster

[taz]

06 Aug 2017, 06:38 #22

Count me in
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/330/d/b/iron_spider_suiting_up_animation_by_z_studios-d5mb1l8.gif[/img]

[img]http://s26.postimg.org/4nmacq3kp/Professor_Zoom_runs.gif[/img]

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

06 Aug 2017, 07:47 #23

We're just 1 person away from hitting league minimum! [happy]

07 Aug 2017, 04:08 #24

What are the roster requirements going to be, Jax?

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

07 Aug 2017, 04:15 #25

salmandini67 @ Aug 6 2017, 08:08 PM wrote: What are the roster requirements going to be, Jax?
This will make less sense to those who are first time players, but fear not folks - a comprehensive rules link be posted. This is just the shorthand answer:

Each team will need to draft the following:

1 Quarter Back
2 Running Backs
2 Wide Receivers
1 Tight End
1 Flex Spot (can be RB, WR, or TE)
1 Team Defense
1 Team Kicker
6 Bench Spots (Backups, Handcuffs, or whatever tickles your fancy)

It's full point PPR. 6 Pts per Touch Down, both receiving and run-in.
No points deducted for interceptions and touchbacks.

[patriot!]