T.I.T.S. vs. Sinners of Devastation

You feel you can logically defend the idea of Eyescream defeating Superman then this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer, Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer

T.I.T.S. vs. Sinners of Devastation

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 02:15 #1

2017 Mega Class Draft Battle!

Titans In Time & Space
Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson) - Team Leader/Offensive Telepath
Mr. Majestic
Maestro
Nova Prime - Offensive Telepath #2
Quasar

VS

Sinners of Devastation
Circe - Team Leader/Offensive Telepath
Evil Raven - Offensive Telepath #2
Doomsday
Etrigan
Lobo

Bios Thread Link
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comi ... opic=16208

The Arena: Gotham City - Late Afternoon
* The weather is overcast, late afternoon. There is sufficient sunlight to recharge solar powers in the open areas (sky, roof-tops, open street); however, the areas around buildings and in alleys are heavily shaded and gloomy enough to safely house characters that are vulnerable to sunlight (great for vampires and stealth).
* All typical modern Urban elements are present. There is power active and utilities active in all buildings. There is a subway system in place, sewers, and small parks. There are no human bystanders, but there is typical urban animal life and animal life specific to DCU Gotham City.
* The portion of usable Gotham includes the city scape noted above, bordering the ocean harbor. There are a limited supply of boats and typical harbor items.
* The borders of the map are: 3 Square Miles of impenetrable Force Field bubble, covering 1 mile of harbor/water and 2 miles of city bordering the harbor. The force shield is a giant Box Shape that extends up to 3,000 square feet high (several hundred feet higher than the tallest skyscraper). The force barrier allows for teleportation of items into the barriers (i.e. yes, you can summon minions), but it blocks any and all attempts to leave the battlefield. Teleportation via dimension hopping is allowed, but it must be immediate effect - no camping. The force bubble likewise extends 3,000 feet below sea level, allowing for tunneling and use of subway features or deep water features.
* Teams start on opposite sides of the city, approximately half a mile from the harbor.
• No leaving the Battle Arena. Characters move around the limits of the map and up to a maximum of 3,000 feet in the air. This is higher than the tallest building in recorded history just for reference.

The following Rules apply to this Draft:

* Scoring Cards to be debuted (see below). By playing, you are agreeing to Vote in every match and to give the Score Cards a try. You'll be able to copy and paste them from below, just fill in 5 single digit numbers. Super easy, and super required. No lazy bums! [spanky]
* No characters that are impossible to damage. They must be K.O.-able in some way.
* No powers that are impossible to defend against. This includes anything that would insta-kill or insta-K.O. a Class 12 or Class 13 foe.
• Only 2 Offensive Mind-Attackers per team. This includes Telepathic blasting/control/mental illusions, magical compulsion, chemical or Tech effects that simulate said effects.
* No Time Manipulation.
• No Prep Time. Characters are limited to their own knowledge of opponent characters and basic knowledge of team-mate powers.
• Morality is on. All characters act and fight "in character." All characters are motivated to win. Team members may not get along, but they will not attack each other unless absolutely necessary to defend their own moral compass, and they will attempt to work towards the mutual goal of victory (independently if necessary and within the accord of their own moral compasses). They may or may not allow actions to occur that are opposed to their morality (i.e. Captain America isn't going to stand by while Deadpool sprays bullets at good guys, etc.).
• Win by only K.O., Death, or Surrender. No BFRing.
• Standard Gear. No sharing of gear between team members. No giving other members "bits" of your body to use as weapons, or other such effects that are contrary to the primary rule.
• Anyone can post questions or comments during the match, but the characters in the matches act OF THEIR OWN VOLITION, or under the guidance of team leaders if applicable. Tactics posts may be used, but under the understanding that they are presented as "probable actions" based on your team build. You will need to defend the likeliness of said tactics.

Good luck!

Voting Rules!

• Voting may commence immediately, standard vs. forum rules apply. All votes must be accompanied by the following copied and pasted score card:

Voting Score Card

Leadership (1-5) :
Teamwork (1-5) :
Power Levels (1-5) :
Match Trumps (1-5) :
X-Factors (1-5) :

Total Score :

:thankyousai:

Explanation of Score Card:

All you do is assign a number to each category. No justification needed; not commentary required. It'll take less than a minute. These are all basic things we consider in every match already, we'd just be sharing the simplest parts with the players to help them build better; and if you're of the "flip a coin" mindset, you get something better to vote off of.

Note: You do not have to "vote the cards." Your vote is your vote; you alone pick your winner. But this at least gives a very basic, very minimal "something" to the players to help them know if they should change things up with their next team build. It's simple but potentially really helpful.

Here's a breakdown of the categories:
-------------------------------------------

Leadership - is any play calling that is like to occur on your team from any source.
Teamwork - is how well your picks work together and play off of each other (synergy).
Power Levels - is how powerful you think each team is.
Match Trumps - is which team wins the most 1x1 matches. (I.E. Which team has best Rock, Paper, Scissor match-ups against the other team).
X-Factors - is how much/many game changing "it" factors the team has. (I.E. Game Changing powers, Buffs/Debuffs, etc).

Good luck and happy debating! [happy]
When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 02:17 #2

It looks like these two teams were specifically designed to fight each other.

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 02:18 #3

Can we get rid of everyone else and just do Maestro vs Doomsday? These two are going to steal the show anyway.

An Ri Leon
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 02:20 #4

How is Nova a psychic? He has psychic dampeners and a high resistance to mind control via the world in as it was even able to free him from the Phalanx (albeit after some time) but I don't recall him reading any minds or sending psy blasts or what not.
The poster formerly known as Bwana Simba

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 02:22 #5

The Worldmind thing sounds a lot more like technopathy than telepathy.

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 02:24 #6

This match was just created and already has the most attention. We're all drawn to tits. sex009 :lol3:

03 Oct 2017, 02:24 #7

An Ri Leon @ Oct 2 2017, 08:20 PM wrote: How is Nova a psychic? He has psychic dampeners and a high resistance to mind control via the world in as it was even able to free him from the Phalanx (albeit after some time) but I don't recall him reading any minds or sending psy blasts or what not.
He has used them offensively before...

[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/330/d/b/iron_spider_suiting_up_animation_by_z_studios-d5mb1l8.gif[/img]

[img]http://s26.postimg.org/4nmacq3kp/Professor_Zoom_runs.gif[/img]

03 Oct 2017, 02:25 #8

Mr. Awesome @ Oct 2 2017, 08:24 PM wrote: This match was just created and already has the most attention. We're all drawn to tits. sex009 :lol3:
I myself find it a bit ironic that team TITS doesn’t actually have any. I can’t be the only one who noticed this.
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/330/d/b/iron_spider_suiting_up_animation_by_z_studios-d5mb1l8.gif[/img]

[img]http://s26.postimg.org/4nmacq3kp/Professor_Zoom_runs.gif[/img]

03 Oct 2017, 02:27 #9

An Ri Leon @ Oct 2 2017, 07:20 PM wrote: How is Nova a psychic? He has psychic dampeners and a high resistance to mind control via the world in as it was even able to free him from the Phalanx (albeit after some time) but I don't recall him reading any minds or sending psy blasts or what not.
He had a one off showing of having the Worldmind tap into Annihilus' mind to cause some Annihilation Wave ships to turn on each other (even then, I think he needed to be pretty close up for it to work) but I haven't seen him do much else that could be described as offensive telepathy. He's more of a counter for telepaths who get too close.

It's not a big deal here though since the T.I.T.S don't have anyone else who would be better suited for the 2nd telepath role.
Check out the Outstanding Fan Fic section. We re-envision some of your favorite Marvel characters, and maybe some that you have never heard about:Outstanding Fan Fiction

Now introducing Ask Hulkster Anyting! The place where you can ask all of your burning questions and I guarantee an answer.

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 02:30 #10

Iron_Spider @ Oct 2 2017, 10:25 PM wrote:
Mr. Awesome @ Oct 2 2017, 08:24 PM wrote: This match was just created and already has the most attention. We're all drawn to tits.  sex009  :lol3:
I myself find it a bit ironic that team TITS doesn’t actually have any. I can’t be the only one who noticed this.
They have Dr Fate. He'll make some. He could put a set of tits on Maestro.

03 Oct 2017, 02:32 #11

Iron_Spider @ Oct 2 2017, 07:24 PM wrote:
An Ri Leon @ Oct 2 2017, 08:20 PM wrote: How is Nova a psychic?  He has psychic dampeners and a high resistance to mind control via the world in as it was even able to free him from the Phalanx (albeit after some time) but I don't recall him reading any minds or sending psy blasts or what not.
He has used them offensively before...

I'd argue that his psi dampeners aren't really an offensive telepathic attack so much as they are a way of shorting out powers that rely on high levels of focus. Either way, it's not that important here since there isn't really anyone else who is missing out with him being a designated telepath.
Check out the Outstanding Fan Fic section. We re-envision some of your favorite Marvel characters, and maybe some that you have never heard about:Outstanding Fan Fiction

Now introducing Ask Hulkster Anyting! The place where you can ask all of your burning questions and I guarantee an answer.

03 Oct 2017, 02:33 #12

Mr. Awesome @ Oct 2 2017, 07:30 PM wrote:
Iron_Spider @ Oct 2 2017, 10:25 PM wrote:
Mr. Awesome @ Oct 2 2017, 08:24 PM wrote: This match was just created and already has the most attention. We're all drawn to tits.  sex009   :lol3:
They have Dr Fate. He'll make some. He could put a set of tits on Maestro.
:yucky:

An Ri Leon
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 02:39 #13

Mr. Awesome @ Oct 2 2017, 08:18 PM wrote: Can we get rid of everyone else and just do Maestro vs Doomsday? These two are going to steal the show anyway.
[Mickey's Indeed]

Redsledge
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 04:18 #14

Just for the record, I never said he was pshychic. I wasnt sure if the capabilities of the world mind would qualify as something in the psychic category. We have been mixing magic and illusions in the same category. I just didnt want the arguement to arise that I hadn't labeled him as a phsychic, should he gain knowledge of enemy characters through the WM.

Sorry for the confusion. There was a post about labeling 2 as pshichic or anything that could be labeled as a pshychic type of attack. Just covering my bases. I have no idea how to classify the world mind itself.
One of the worlds greatest pleasures is secret knowledge. Things you learn that your peers don't know, or imagine you know. Its the lifetime batting average of every member of the Yankees, stats of Desert Storm, or the names and home-worlds of legions of Superheroes. Commit this knowledge to memory, and you can speak the private language of those who have approached this with equal dedication.

The will of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death - Musashi

PS4: Redsledge
Xbox1: RedsledgeBLU

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 04:26 #15

Don't stress the labels folks. Being designated an offensive telepath doesn't grant you powers; it just means that if Red stumbles upon a scan where any of Nova's powers included mental manipulation of a foe in some offensive capacity, he can then use said scan. That's all. Nova is still Nova.

Though technically; Nova did use Tech to remove a foe's psionic powers; which is very much in-line with rules that qualify offensive telepath designates. If that had been Prof. X and Nova turned off his telepathy, it would be very much a mind affecting attack.

[patriot!]
When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

Redsledge
Kree

04 Oct 2017, 15:00 #16

I reckon I'll throw out a few points to kick this this thing off.

1. My team has the best leadership by a huge margin. Its not even close. My team has the only real proven leader on the board. Fate also has decades of comic leading experience.

2. My team is also far more experienced from a teamwork standpoint, save for Maestro. Maestro still has team experience, but its more akin to hit squads and ruling lol!

3. With Majestic's damn near immunity to magic, he can take out an enemy team magic user with devastating effect. He wont be holding back like Big Blue either. Theres a good probability that one of the mages could get outright wrecked. From a tactical standpoint, why would Fate not have Majestic take out an enemy magic user if they were becoming troublesome?

4. My team has very high psionic resistances as well as psionic protection options from Dr. Fate. Enemy characters trying psionics and empathics will find messing with minds difficult. In the case of characters like Maestro, they are going to outright piss him off, and get broken in half. No Hulk, of any incarnation, has ever enjoyed someone trying to fuck with their head aggressively.

5. Worldmind can scan characters and give information about weaknesses and strengths, as well as powers and abilities. This really helps with the teamwork as this information can be fed to Dr. Fate and give the option to be more specific with directives and targets of interest.

6. With Nova and Quasar I have a light speed "go to" cosmic strike team, loaded with offensive and defensive options, utility, information and real teamwork experience on panel. Its a hell of a duo.

Thats where I'll stop and give my man Bwana the floor.

Edit: Added another scentence to point #3, involving Majestic. Also edited another paragraph. I am at work, so was pressed for time.
One of the worlds greatest pleasures is secret knowledge. Things you learn that your peers don't know, or imagine you know. Its the lifetime batting average of every member of the Yankees, stats of Desert Storm, or the names and home-worlds of legions of Superheroes. Commit this knowledge to memory, and you can speak the private language of those who have approached this with equal dedication.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

05 Oct 2017, 04:31 #17

That's some chewy stuff. Good contentions, Red. I'mma give Lionheart a chance to rebut before I chime in, but I gotta say this is warming up to be a fun match. :thbsup:

An Ri Leon
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 16:29 #18

Let's start out with Circe. She has led teams of villains before, and even manipulated gods. She single handily started a war between all of DC's pantheons. Her skills at manipulation are nearly unrivaled. Plus, she can tank a beating from WW and keep on going. Her magical power is so high it even bested Batman's all powerful Bat plot armor. She has also bested Inza Nelson Dr Fate before so she can hang with Kent and even win. And she has killed gods like Hermes, who (alongside his Roman counterpart) completely trumped Wally West Flash.

Raven's probably the "squishiest" member of the sinners and even then she is far from squishy. She manhandled Starfire back in the day and her tk is top notch. Capable of overpowering entire teams of Titans. She can smack away any brute that charges her and hold them off to boot. Plus, her empathic manipulation and pride manipulation circumvent usual psionic resistances. The Wizard was able to channel emotional manipulation of sorrow and remorse to affect Fate before, even Kent Nelson isnt immune to her manipulation. Plus her brothers are immune to conventional mind control and possession and the like but her pride manipulation turned them against their own father. Suddenly Quasar is in love with Raven and will not fight her, Maestro's pride becomes a thousandfold and he no longer has any interest fighting anyone save Doomsday, Nabu starts to feel remorse for all of his sins inside the helm of Fate throwing off Kent's game. Raven could wreck the TITS whole teamwork dynamic with her emotional manipulation. Certain Hulks have resisted all out psionic attack but they have also been manipulated by more sublte psychic affects. Hulk has been controlled or manipulated by hypnotists like the ringmaster, turned on Thor on multiple occasions by the whims of various controllers, forced to fight Doc Samson and Iron Man by the Leader via mental illusions. Nobody here can resist Raven's influence.

With Etrigan also on the team the Sinners have absolute command over magic. Even Fate can't do much here with this much magic opposing him. Lobo, Etrigan and Doomsday are all fast bricks too. They can catch any character on the opposing side, Majestic and Nova included. Quasar's shields were shattered by WW so he won't hold out for long against any of these bruisers.

The worldmind can scan characters from its universe as it has "documentation" on them, the cosmic encyclopedia of 616. None of my team are from Marvel so it won't be of any aid.

As for team work, Circe can manipulate and guide monsters with her powers, and she once controlled a version of Doomsday she made from Superman. All she needs to do is pull a Dr Psycho and point him in the right direction. Raven can do the same. Lobo will fight with his team due to honor and both him and Etrigan have been on multiple teams. And those two are bros. TITS don't have a teamwork advantage, especially with Raven around playing with their emotions. Fate has never worked with his team, Maestro has never worked well with others and unlike Doomsday lacks anybody to guide him in the right direction, Majestic has always been a loner. Quasar and Nova are the only two who have worked together.

I'd like to add that with so much magical syngery Circe, Raven and Etrigan could mutter spells to aid their comrades while fighting their own battles, and even cast a spell that combines their power to overwhelm the opposing team, or at least weaken them. Again, with so much raw magical power and skill even Fate won't be able to protect his team.

An Ri Leon
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 16:49 #19

Sorry if that was incoherent at all. My shoulders are acting up so I am on some pains meds and not completely here mentally.

Redsledge
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 17:50 #20

Bwanas team does have more magic, but I've got arguably the most powerful mage on the board as well as a flying super brick that doesnt have to worry about magic. Majestic can even the magic plqying field with little difficulty. Inza Nelson isnt as powerful as Kent, and their feats prove it upon comparison. Circe beating Inza does not equal to her beating Kent in the same way. Can she beat Kent? Yes, but I wouldnt give her a majority. Circe may have the power of a god, but Kent Nelson has conquered gods before. Even pantheons. He didnt have to manipulate them behind the scenes either, just best them in combat and magical knowledge. All in the respect threads.

Quasar has his own psionic resistances, all he has to do is make a helmet. On top of that, Fate can shield his teammates from such attacks, especially magical based ones. Furthermore, Quasar can outright absorb Ravens magical energies if she tried such a thing, he drained the shit outta Adam Warlock the same way. Raven forcing Quasar to love her is unlikely. I wont ignore the possibility however, so in the case of Raven actually succeeding in such an attempt, I will again defer to the leadership of Dr. Fate. If Raven proves to become problematic, he can sick Majestic on her, and her magics wont save her from that ass whoopen.

I completely disagree about your speed comparisons. Neither Lobo, Etrigan, Raven or Circe are as fast as Nova Prime, Quasar or Majestic. You have no speed advantage. Quasar would run circles around Etrigan, and againx Quasar can drain his energies with devastating speed and effect.

Manipulating Nova wo t work either thanks to the World Mind snd his resistances. Hulks are known for resisting such attacks. Every incarnation. Fucking with thenrage monsters head could very well force Raven or Circe into a brain anurism, or simply fail and call attentions to them that they will nkt want. Maestro for isnstance, would outright break Circe or Raven for trying to muck up his head.

Also keep in mind voters, that my team can gather intel about the entire enemy team instantly tha ks to Nova Prime and the World Mind. Strength, weaknesses, abilities .... all of it. So catching them lff guard with empathetic manipulation isnt really possible. It wouldnt come as a surprise. Hell, Fate and Majestic already know Raven, and what she isncapable of. So it would come as no surprise, and would be met with heavy resistance and direct action due to knowledge and leadership.

Redsledge
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 17:51 #21

Your not going to be able to catch this team off guard. Its designed around knowledge and leadership with a solid dose of teamwork.

Redsledge
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 18:08 #22

An Ri Leon @ Oct 5 2017, 04:49 PM wrote: Sorry if that was incoherent at all. My shoulders are acting up so I am on some pains meds and not completely here mentally.
No worries, i keep having to edit posts because some scentences are structured wrong. Neither of us are English majors, so I'm sure the voters will understand lol!

Thinkerer
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 18:29 #23

I disagree that Quasar's shields would buckle easily. It might have a few low showings, but he also has showings of him blocking Galactus energy blast and holding entire teams that included Hercules and Hulk.

That said, im voting for Redsledges team. Its close, but overall he seems a little bit more powerful against the specific oponents he faces in this matchup.

Redsledge
Kree

06 Oct 2017, 03:29 #24

Not just Galactus, Hulk and Herc either, he fended of Ego as well. He can also create offensive constructs while behind his defensive constructs. He can create permanent constructs too and thus provide cover and concealment for others. Quasars defensive options are rock solid, and hes got a shit ton of offensive options to boot. His energy draining is top notch and the effects are fast acting. This dude grabbed Adam Warlock by the wrists, and strait up syphoned his ass.

And for the record, Quasar is completely immune to mental take over, just took me a bit to sift through then respect threads and find it.

Quasar isn't going to be falling in love with anyone, but he may very well get pissed about the attempt.

Edit: Also note how the QBs help Quasar detect his target, right down to their specific location. Illusions will not work on Quasar; and he can pinpoint the source.

Doc Omega
Living Tribunal
Doc Omega
Living Tribunal

06 Oct 2017, 10:18 #25

Titans In Time & Space
Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson) - Team Leader/Offensive Telepath
Mr. Majestic
Maestro