Supergirl vs Terrax

You feel you can logically defend the idea of Eyescream defeating Superman then this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer, Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer

Supergirl vs Terrax

An Ri Leon
Kree

02 Oct 2017, 14:19 #1

Supergirl vs Terrax. Note: There are differences between Supergirl and Superboy, and not just gender and personality traits. Superboy didn't develop Kryptonian abilities till later on in his life (especially super breath, which didn't develop till DC got in the process of rebooting) so he wasn't as skilled at their usage as other skilled main character Kryptonians were in their usage. He was also noted to not absorb sun light quite as fast or efficiently as other Kryptonians did so he didn't heal as fast as they did. Granted, given enough energy he could still heal from even certain death (or return from the grave like his "old man"). Kara also showed a bit superior speed than Connor. Granted that may have been in part due to her superior skill (she could vibrate to invisibility, a skill he never showed). So Kara is just a tiny, tiny bit physically superior to Connor, such a small amount it is almost negligible. She heals a bit faster than he does and is a bit faster (both in combat and travel speed). He has raced Kid Flash, she has raced adult Flashes like Jesse Quick and Wally. And again she is just a bit more skilled in the traditional Kryptonians power set than he is. However, he has tactile tk, so bare that in mind.

Terrax

Terrax Respect Thread Reddit

Terrax VK Respect Thread

Terrax Comicvine Bio
The poster formerly known as Bwana Simba

An Ri Leon
Kree

02 Oct 2017, 14:20 #2

The poster formerly known as Bwana Simba

Redsledge
Kree

02 Oct 2017, 14:36 #3

Supergirl wrecks Terrax
One of the worlds greatest pleasures is secret knowledge. Things you learn that your peers don't know, or imagine you know. Its the lifetime batting average of every member of the Yankees, stats of Desert Storm, or the names and home-worlds of legions of Superheroes. Commit this knowledge to memory, and you can speak the private language of those who have approached this with equal dedication.

The will of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death - Musashi

PS4: Redsledge
Xbox1: RedsledgeBLU

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

02 Oct 2017, 15:50 #4

Terrax

Redsledge
Kree

02 Oct 2017, 17:03 #5

How? Supergirl is faster, stronger, has amazon training, a more diverse powerset and is aggressive as fuck. Terrax is fighting uphill. His only arguable advantage is the axe itself, but Supergirl can either break it, or rip it right out of his hands imo.
One of the worlds greatest pleasures is secret knowledge. Things you learn that your peers don't know, or imagine you know. Its the lifetime batting average of every member of the Yankees, stats of Desert Storm, or the names and home-worlds of legions of Superheroes. Commit this knowledge to memory, and you can speak the private language of those who have approached this with equal dedication.

02 Oct 2017, 22:33 #6

Redsledge @ Oct 2 2017, 10:03 AM wrote: How? Supergirl is faster, stronger, has amazon training, a more diverse powerset and is aggressive as fuck. Terrax is fighting uphill. His only arguable advantage is the axe itself, but Supergirl can either break it, or rip it right out of his hands imo.
I think that most of these are pretty debatable. Terrax is strong enough to brawl with mega classers (maybe not as strong as Supergirl has, but that's often been opportunity), and he's proven the ability to slash through planets. It's hard for me to say who is stronger.

Supergirl is a bit more tested at speed, but I don't think it's a meaningful enough margin to impact the fight. Terrax has pretty solid reaction speed and combat speed, not to mention the interstellar travel common to Heralds. He can absolutely hang in there.

For diversity, I just don't see it. Terrax has the physicals and speed of a herald, energy blasting, and earth control. Supergirl has Kryptonian abilities, which are impressive, but it's not really any more than what Terrax has.

If you want to talk aggression, Supergirl is just outclassed. She's aggressive, but Terrax is a violent killer. He's more than willing to use his axe for its proper use, cutting his enemy in half.

As for breaking the axe, it's easier said than done. It seems to take a high end mega classer to do that, and Supergirl just isn't on that level. She might be able to pry it from his hands, but again, that hasn't actually happened that often. I'm not really sure that she could pull off either one of those.

Supergirl's big advantage is that Terrax jobs a lot. If Terrax shows up at his worst, he gets owned. At his best, I think he has pretty good chances.
Check out the Outstanding Fan Fic section. We re-envision some of your favorite Marvel characters, and maybe some that you have never heard about:Outstanding Fan Fiction

Now introducing Ask Hulkster Anyting! The place where you can ask all of your burning questions and I guarantee an answer.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

02 Oct 2017, 23:02 #7

Very close fight, but I'm voting Terrax. Unlike Superboy, Supergirl (provided it's not New52) has superior experience and slightly more grounded stats (being full-on Kryptonian). But she's still in the same wheelhouse as Superboy and Geo-Force, and I still put Terrax a ball-hair above her.

Closer... but I vote Terrax for the majority here too. He's a 12 for a reason. She's not a 12 for a reason.
When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

02 Oct 2017, 23:03 #8

jaxthejester @ Oct 2 2017, 04:02 PM wrote: Very close fight, but I'm voting Terrax. Unlike Superboy, Supergirl (provided it's not New52) has superior experience and slightly more grounded stats (being full-on Kryptonian). But she's still in the same wheelhouse as Superboy and Geo-Force, and I still put Terrax a ball-hair above her.

Closer... but I vote Terrax for the majority here too. He's a 12 for a reason. She's not a 12 for a reason.
[Mickey's Indeed]
Check out the Outstanding Fan Fic section. We re-envision some of your favorite Marvel characters, and maybe some that you have never heard about:Outstanding Fan Fiction

Now introducing Ask Hulkster Anyting! The place where you can ask all of your burning questions and I guarantee an answer.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

02 Oct 2017, 23:14 #9

thehulkster94 @ Oct 2 2017, 02:33 PM wrote:
Redsledge @ Oct 2 2017, 10:03 AM wrote: How? Supergirl is faster, stronger, has amazon training, a more diverse powerset and is aggressive as fuck. Terrax is fighting uphill. His only arguable advantage is the axe itself, but Supergirl can either break it, or rip it right out of his hands imo.
I think that most of these are pretty debatable. Terrax is strong enough to brawl with mega classers (maybe not as strong as Supergirl has, but that's often been opportunity), and he's proven the ability to slash through planets. It's hard for me to say who is stronger.

Supergirl is a bit more tested at speed, but I don't think it's a meaningful enough margin to impact the fight. Terrax has pretty solid reaction speed and combat speed, not to mention the interstellar travel common to Heralds. He can absolutely hang in there.

For diversity, I just don't see it. Terrax has the physicals and speed of a herald, energy blasting, and earth control. Supergirl has Kryptonian abilities, which are impressive, but it's not really any more than what Terrax has.

If you want to talk aggression, Supergirl is just outclassed. She's aggressive, but Terrax is a violent killer. He's more than willing to use his axe for its proper use, cutting his enemy in half.

As for breaking the axe, it's easier said than done. It seems to take a high end mega classer to do that, and Supergirl just isn't on that level. She might be able to pry it from his hands, but again, that hasn't actually happened that often. I'm not really sure that she could pull off either one of those.

Supergirl's big advantage is that Terrax jobs a lot. If Terrax shows up at his worst, he gets owned. At his best, I think he has pretty good chances.
This covers it pretty well.

Supergirl is faster. Other stats are roughly even. Terrax, when not jobbing, is on par with Silver Surfer in strength, and Surfer can match muscle with Thor and Hulk in a grapple. Terrax has also held his own against Morg in a test of raw strength - I don't think Kara is necessarily any stronger than he is. Speed helps her, but Terrax's axe and geo-kinesis are solid counters, and he's far from slow. Herald's fly through space at FTL speed and need to avoid oncoming space junk in real time as they navigate- that takes superhuman speed and thought to accomplish (unless you have a Lantern ring with A.I. charting your path or the like; which he doesn't).

Terrax's low showings have stained how folks view him I think. If we assume he's jobbing, he gets beat after a decent scuffle. If we assume both foes are bringing their A-Game, I see this as a very solid fight (even closer than Superboy and Geo-Force vs. Terrax was), but I still see Terrax as the likely majority winner. His good showings are Mega Class. Not elite Mega, but Mega none the less.

(Now granted, these are all "good" Terrax showings. He has some epic jobber moments too, and if we took those as his modern standing, he'd probably be a Class 9 instead of a Class 12 and he'd get whooped by Wonder Man.)

When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

Redsledge
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 00:21 #10

I understand if yall feel differently, but i disagree completely. Terrax has had a few moments where he shines. I refuse to only view his highs to rate him above Kara. Shes way faster, I dont even know how thats even a debate, but whatever. Shes physically stronger, as the majority of Terraxs' striking power comes from the axe. Shes actually trained, not a wild brawler like Terrax. Shes proficient in Kryptonian martial arts as well as being trained by the Amazons, therefore making her not only a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, better fighter, but also quite capable of disarming Terrax.

Im not sure where yall get off saying Terrax has a deeper powerset. Shes Kryptonian, and brimgs more tham just physicals and some blasting. Terrax hasnt even scratched the surface of his powerset compared to heralds like Surfer. Kara has heat vision, microscopic vision, xray vision, cold breath, super breath, can raise her own body temperature, super strength, speed, durability, metabolizes solar energy faster and more proficiently than Clark and has at times been shown to even pass Clark in power.

The only point against my vote that makes a lick of sense so far is aggression. Terrax may very well be more aggressive than Kara, but I never said Kara was the more aggressive anyway. I pointed out her aggression because it matches Terrax quite well imo. Shes just as aggressive, only less likely to wildly do dumb shit to endanger innocents. Her aggression is more focused. FFS, she was given a Red Ring for a reason.

Also, what exactly do you guys think a few rocks are gonna do to Kara? Aside from get pounded effortlessly into rubble.

So yeah, if you only view Terrax by his high points .....

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 00:31 #11

Supergirl FTW, she's got the right stuff.
"We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good,
something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III

:thanosinfinity:

[WW] Gender Equality: Help empower women/girls

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 04:01 #12

I get what you're saying Red, but Terrax can do a lot more than throw some boulders. He's tossed around planetoids. Get something heavy and large enough, and even Kryptonians start to feel it. He can do nasty creative stuff to kill mega strong foes too. Mostly that Axe that can cleave through planets and slice Surfer's board in half is his best threat though. He can swing it at light speed, so it's tough to dodge.

Redsledge
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 04:28 #13

jaxthejester @ Oct 3 2017, 04:01 AM wrote: I get what you're saying Red, but Terrax can do a lot more than throw some boulders. He's tossed around planetoids. Get something heavy and large enough, and even Kryptonians start to feel it. He can do nasty creative stuff to kill mega strong foes too. Mostly that Axe that can cleave through planets and slice Surfer's board in half is his best threat though. He can swing it at light speed, so it's tough to dodge.

I understand that, I wasnt meaning that scentence to be taken literally. Either way, he cant hurt Kara with rocks, regardless of their size. He could heave a mountain at her, and she would punch right through it. He could try the sand bit, only to find Kryptonian tissue density is superior to rock.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 04:33 #14

Fair enough, but he doesn't need to hurt her with that power for it to be effective. He uses gouts of rock to throw around Silver Surfer in past fights, and Surfer is easily in the same durability range as Kara. Arguably tougher. Powers that can distract, throw around, restrain for a moment, even throw off balance for a moment can be pretty dangerous. Even with a Kryptonian, filling their lungs, nose, and other (ahem) cavities with sand is going to be mighty uncomfortable and damn distracting. Filler her eyes with sand could be outright blinding. Anything that leave her open to a cosmic axe swing is good stuff for the Herald to use.

I suppose we may just see these guys differently too. I see Terrax as a solid, but not elite, Class 12 threat. I see Kara as an elite 11, but not quite a 12. Pretty much like we have them placed. I take it you see Kara as a 12? Or maybe Terrax as more of an 11? I can understand arguments for both sides. They aren't all that far off when you boil it down.

Redsledge
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 04:50 #15

I agree with Terrax as a 12. Im not sure if I would agree with a move up with Kara. I reckon she would need to be in more battle. I think Kara has all the tools to make Terrax look like a bit of a fool really. Sure he would take some hits, but hes so outclassed in skill, with no advantages in strength, durability or speed. The axe is about the only thing I see threatening to Kara. Even trying to toss her around wouldnt accomplish much. She can get out of it so many way. Speed out of it. Plwer out of it. Quickly spin and fling the attack away from her. Vibrate for invisibility and intangibility. Or just out melee Terrax all together, not giving him an opportunity to hail mary sand choke his opponent.

There are plenty of lower ranking characters that can beat characters in ranks above them. Imo, Kara just has Terraxs number.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 08:17 #16

Indeed they do, but typically it's due to some kind of a rock, scissor, paper thing with their powers. Like a Class 10 fire blaster being ranked over a Class 11 Ice-Brick or the like. With Kara and Terrax, you have two relatively straight forward bricks without much in the way of weird gives and takes. If she simply outclasses him, she should probably be ranked higher or he should be ranked lower. That's my take anywhoo. It would be different if there was a weakness to magic factor or something mixed in that explains the lesser's edge.

I totally see your point on what she can do to avoid elemental attacks; but the one question I would pose back is this - what can she do that Silver Surfer cannot do? I ask that cuz' despite Surfer's similar super speed, similar strength and durability score, and dues ex Cosmic Power tricks, he still gets slapped around by Terrax's rock attacks. The rocks themselves aren't durable enough to break his skin by a longshot, but the force that ole' cosmic axe dude packs behind them are still enough to knock the Silver beach bum for a solid loop every time. That's why I think it would work on Supergirl too. It won't break her skin, but it should have the same ability to throw her around and keep her off balance that it does on Silver Surfer. Not sure I would say he's outclassed in skill. Kara seems a pretty straight forward fighter. She doesn't tend to use martial arts or excessive acrobatics in combat, but rather dives in a lot like Clark does and puts them fists and eye blasts to use. When Kara fought Wonder Woman, she was pretty clearly outclassed. She seemed to have no skil advantage over Conner Kent or Linda Danvers when they tangled either. Terrax is no ninja, but he's a veteran brawler. If anything, I'd think the two have pretty similar punching prowess. For the fight itself; I suppose I see Supergirl using her mobility speed to fly around him as a primary avoidance defense and then use eye blasts and diving-in-and-punch tactics for her main offense. By a counter, I see Terrax using the same gouts of rock and mountain chucking moves he uses on Silver Surfer against her to similar effect (no perma damage, but negation of flight and throwing off balance to allow other attacks to land). In HTH, I see them pretty well matched. Terrax can match muscle with Silver Surfer and overpower Firelord and Airwalker at the same time - he's in her wheelhouse. He can tank multiple cosmic energy blasts and his axe absorbs energy, so his defense should be up there too. The axe is the tipper. I see him throwing her off guard with sand to the eyes or rocks up the skirt, and then landing that planet busting axe swing. It won't one shot her, but a few of those would do the trick. IMO, she has her wins in this too. I give Terrax a majority, but far from a sweep. I'm thinking more akin to a 7/10 or so, with room for Kara to get pissed and gut-check, and/or for Terrax to embrace one his jobber moments. When he jobs, he jobs epic.

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 19:46 #17

Redsledge
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 19:50 #18

Its not so much what Kara can do that Surfer cant, but what Kara will do or is willing to do, to be more specific. Norrin has a plethora of abilities that come with his damn near absolute mastery of the power cosmic. The problem is, he rarely uses his powerset to its fullest ability. He is beyond the shadow of a doubt more powerful than Kara, but he just isnt as combat intelligent, or at least less willing to use his power to win. He has some gems here and there, but more often then not he defaults to flying around and blasting.

For instance: Norrin could easily handle any earth style manipulations Terrax can dish out by simple transmutation. Bam! Its all water now, or ramen noodles. Instead, Norrin chose to get his butt flung around and tanned with little retort. Kara will use all of her abilities.

So again, its not whatbcan Kara do that Surfer cannot. Its what she is willing to do, instead of letting Terrax manhandle her.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 20:52 #19

Mr. Awesome @ Oct 3 2017, 11:46 AM wrote:
:batslol:

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 20:54 #20

Redsledge @ Oct 3 2017, 11:50 AM wrote: Its not so much what Kara can do that Surfer cant, but what Kara will do or is willing to do, to be more specific. Norrin has a plethora of abilities that come with his damn near absolute mastery of the power cosmic. The problem is, he rarely uses his powerset to its fullest ability. He is beyond the shadow of a doubt more powerful than Kara, but he just isnt as combat intelligent, or at least less willing to use his power to win. He has some gems here and there, but more often then not he defaults to flying around and blasting.

For instance: Norrin could easily handle any earth style manipulations Terrax can dish out by simple transmutation. Bam! Its all water now, or ramen noodles. Instead, Norrin chose to get his butt flung around and tanned with little retort. Kara will use all of her abilities.

So again, its not whatbcan Kara do that Surfer cannot. Its what she is willing to do, instead of letting Terrax manhandle her.
Can't disagree with that. Surfer's best limiting factor is his own fighting style. Good debating bud! It's been a minute since we've had a good round of counters. :cheers:

Redsledge
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 21:03 #21

Indeed. Its always a pleasure :thbsup:

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

04 Oct 2017, 02:06 #22

How is Supergirl not a 12...her cousin's a 13, right? I mean, Krypto THE DOG is a 10, and Kara's quite a bit closer to Kal-El than his pet is. The newer teeny-bopper version of Supergirl might arguably be ranked at 11, I could see that. But not the dynamite, butt-kickin', young adult heroine of the 70s/80s, she should be a 12.
"We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good,
something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III

:thanosinfinity:

[WW] Gender Equality: Help empower women/girls

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

04 Oct 2017, 04:02 #23

Giraffe of Hearts @ Oct 3 2017, 06:06 PM wrote: How is Supergirl not a 12...her cousin's a 13, right? I mean, Krypto THE DOG is a 10, and Kara's quite a bit closer to Kal-El than his pet is. The newer teeny-bopper version of Supergirl might arguably be ranked at 11, I could see that. But not the dynamite, butt-kickin', young adult heroine of the 70s/80s, she should be a 12.
Both of the super-kids are ranked 11 (Conner and Kara). There was some hefty debate on it back in the day, but it's always something that can be revisited later.

Here's my take on why she (and Conner) are not 12s:

11's currently include the following:

Superboy, Isis, Green Lantern (Stewart), Major Force, Arkillo, Big Barda, Starhawk, Spawn (2nd Age), Hulkbuster Iron Man, Ghost Rider (Ketch), ROM, Captain Marvel Jr., Miss Martian, Geo-Force, Guy Gardner, Ultimate Thor, Jean Grey, Hercules, Apollo

A lot of characters pretty similar to Supergirl or Superboy in threat level. Typically thought of as Mega-Light. Not quite on par with the Megas, but really close. Teenage Kryptonians seemed kinda like they fit in this group.

12's currently include the following:

Linda Danvers (the stats of Kara + divine powers), Wonder Woman (she whooped Kara pretty soundly when they fought), Terrax (close, but he's got the majority vote), Mongul Jr., Nova Prime, Savage Hulk, High Evolutionary, Alan Scott, Lobo (Kara needed a Red Ring to beat him), Swamp Thing, Bizarro, Dr. Doom, Solomon Grundy, He-Man, Uni-Spider Man, Superior Iron Man, Gladiator, Red and Blue Superman, Union.

A lot of characters described as confirmed/solid full on Mega Classers. Folks that can generally go 1x1 with a Thor or Superman and make you wonder which person is winning. Kara certainly has a shot, but she seems to be a touch under in a lot of folk's eyes. Solid losses to Wonder Woman and Mongul Jr. kinda ground her. Not that she can't whoop some of these guys, just maybe not enough of them to garner a 50/50 with the majority.

That's my best guess at her placement anywhoo.