Stranger Things vs The A-Team

You feel you can logically defend the idea of Eyescream defeating Superman then this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer, Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer

Stranger Things vs The A-Team

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 02:31 #1

2017 Mega Class Draft Battle!

Stranger Things
Doctor Strange - Team Leader/Offensive Telepath
The Matrix (Linda Danvers) - Offensive Telepath #2
The Flash (Wally West)
Ghost Rider (Zarathos/Blaze)
Spawn (Second Age/Greenworld/Legion)

VS

The A-Team
Superman (Rebirth) - Team Leader
Hulk (Green Scar)
Manchester Black - Offensive Telepath
Genis-Vell - Offensive Telepath #2
Jack Hawksmoor

Bios Thread Link
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comi ... opic=16208

The Arena: Gotham City - Late Afternoon
* The weather is overcast, late afternoon. There is sufficient sunlight to recharge solar powers in the open areas (sky, roof-tops, open street); however, the areas around buildings and in alleys are heavily shaded and gloomy enough to safely house characters that are vulnerable to sunlight (great for vampires and stealth).
* All typical modern Urban elements are present. There is power active and utilities active in all buildings. There is a subway system in place, sewers, and small parks. There are no human bystanders, but there is typical urban animal life and animal life specific to DCU Gotham City.
* The portion of usable Gotham includes the city scape noted above, bordering the ocean harbor. There are a limited supply of boats and typical harbor items.
* The borders of the map are: 3 Square Miles of impenetrable Force Field bubble, covering 1 mile of harbor/water and 2 miles of city bordering the harbor. The force shield is a giant Box Shape that extends up to 3,000 square feet high (several hundred feet higher than the tallest skyscraper). The force barrier allows for teleportation of items into the barriers (i.e. yes, you can summon minions), but it blocks any and all attempts to leave the battlefield. Teleportation via dimension hopping is allowed, but it must be immediate effect - no camping. The force bubble likewise extends 3,000 feet below sea level, allowing for tunneling and use of subway features or deep water features.
* Teams start on opposite sides of the city, approximately half a mile from the harbor.
• No leaving the Battle Arena. Characters move around the limits of the map and up to a maximum of 3,000 feet in the air. This is higher than the tallest building in recorded history just for reference.

The following Rules apply to this Draft:

* Scoring Cards to be debuted (see below). By playing, you are agreeing to Vote in every match and to give the Score Cards a try. You'll be able to copy and paste them from below, just fill in 5 single digit numbers. Super easy, and super required. No lazy bums! [spanky]
* No characters that are impossible to damage. They must be K.O.-able in some way.
* No powers that are impossible to defend against. This includes anything that would insta-kill or insta-K.O. a Class 12 or Class 13 foe.
• Only 2 Offensive Mind-Attackers per team. This includes Telepathic blasting/control/mental illusions, magical compulsion, chemical or Tech effects that simulate said effects.
* No Time Manipulation.
• No Prep Time. Characters are limited to their own knowledge of opponent characters and basic knowledge of team-mate powers.
• Morality is on. All characters act and fight "in character." All characters are motivated to win. Team members may not get along, but they will not attack each other unless absolutely necessary to defend their own moral compass, and they will attempt to work towards the mutual goal of victory (independently if necessary and within the accord of their own moral compasses). They may or may not allow actions to occur that are opposed to their morality (i.e. Captain America isn't going to stand by while Deadpool sprays bullets at good guys, etc.).
• Win by only K.O., Death, or Surrender. No BFRing.
• Standard Gear. No sharing of gear between team members. No giving other members "bits" of your body to use as weapons, or other such effects that are contrary to the primary rule.
• Anyone can post questions or comments during the match, but the characters in the matches act OF THEIR OWN VOLITION, or under the guidance of team leaders if applicable. Tactics posts may be used, but under the understanding that they are presented as "probable actions" based on your team build. You will need to defend the likeliness of said tactics.

Good luck!

Voting Rules!

• Voting may commence immediately, standard vs. forum rules apply. All votes must be accompanied by the following copied and pasted score card:

Voting Score Card

Leadership (1-5) :
Teamwork (1-5) :
Power Levels (1-5) :
Match Trumps (1-5) :
X-Factors (1-5) :

Total Score :

:thankyousai:

Explanation of Score Card:

All you do is assign a number to each category. No justification needed; not commentary required. It'll take less than a minute. These are all basic things we consider in every match already, we'd just be sharing the simplest parts with the players to help them build better; and if you're of the "flip a coin" mindset, you get something better to vote off of.

Note: You do not have to "vote the cards." Your vote is your vote; you alone pick your winner. But this at least gives a very basic, very minimal "something" to the players to help them know if they should change things up with their next team build. It's simple but potentially really helpful.

Here's a breakdown of the categories:
-------------------------------------------

Leadership - is any play calling that is like to occur on your team from any source.
Teamwork - is how well your picks work together and play off of each other (synergy).
Power Levels - is how powerful you think each team is.
Match Trumps - is which team wins the most 1x1 matches. (I.E. Which team has best Rock, Paper, Scissor match-ups against the other team).
X-Factors - is how much/many game changing "it" factors the team has. (I.E. Game Changing powers, Buffs/Debuffs, etc).

Good luck and happy debating! [happy]
When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

03 Oct 2017, 02:33 #2

:scratchhead:
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/330/d/b/iron_spider_suiting_up_animation_by_z_studios-d5mb1l8.gif[/img]

[img]http://s26.postimg.org/4nmacq3kp/Professor_Zoom_runs.gif[/img]

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 02:35 #3

This is the clusterfuck match. I can't make anything out of this one yet. Not even sure where to go with the 1 vs 1 matches either.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 02:35 #4

I'll start things out with some bios and Respect Thread links.

This is worth opening up and glossing over fellas! I promise I kept it tight, to the point, and very easy on the eyes. It details what these guys can do with brief bullet points and gives a few of their top feats, also with brief bullet points. No large scans to worry about beyond a few fun picks and teeny-tiny Gifs.

:thbsup:
[+] spoiler

Dr. Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme

* Team Leader
* Offensive Telepath Designate
* Greatest Magic User in the Universe

"I want to be able to move worlds and shake them to their foundations. I want enough power in my hands to tear planets from the heavens and place them in a new sky. - Doctor Strange"

Powers & Abilities

* Whatever the Hell he wants.
* The undisputed grandmaster champion of leveraging power to win fights insanely outside of his own weight class.
* Keeper of The Eye of Agamotto, The Orb of Agamotto, and The Cloak of Levitation.

Notable Feats:

* Repelled Galactus from Earth and made him scream in pain (twice).
* Defeated and banished The In-Betweener.
* Summoned and Controlled Great Old Ones.
* Defeated Dormammu in direct magical competition (numerous).
* Accepted the challenges of the greatest mages in the Marvel Universe to acquire (and keep) the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme.
* Defeated a veritable whos who of Marvel Badasses.

Respect Threads

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads ... r_supreme/
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/doctor-s ... ad-547971/

The Flash: Wally West

* Team Speedster
* Speed Force Manipulator
* The Fastest Man Alive

"I made it through. I sped to the other side of light. I became part of some force. Some power. It was glorious. - Wally West"

Powers & Abilities

* Super Speed: Moves thousands of time faster than the speed of light.
* Super Brain: Can perceive events lasting less than an Attosecond (an attosecond is to a second what a second is to about 31.71 billion years).
* Speed Force Conduit: Can steal the speed from others, rendering them motionless. Can grant speed to others, making them ultra-fast.
* Body Control: Vibrates through objects for phasing (can do the "Vision" phase attack). Heals super fast. Immune to most toxins.
* Speed Shield: Speed Force provides Ultra Durability (tanks Kryptonian hits).
* Speed Tricks: Can create tornadoes, defy gravity, shoot lighting, make items explode via vibration, time travel, and open gateways into the Speed Force.
* Attack Power: Speed of light punches = Mega Class Damage.

Notable Feats:

* Infinite Mass Punch: Wonder Woman confirmed that it hits even harder than Superman.
* Hyper Blitzing: Landed over 2,000 punches per second.
* FTL: Rescued 500,000 people from a post-detonation nuclear explosion.
* FTL: Outran instant teleportation.
* FTL: Outran Death (The Black Racer).
* FTL: Outran the Time Barrier and Speed Force Barrier.
* FTL AF: Over the span of one Septosecond, (0.000000000000000000001 seconds), Wally tuned every radio on Earth.

Respect Threads
https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads ... y_west_dc/
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/wally-we ... ad-554925/
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/wally-we ... ts-598821/

Ghost Rider: Zarathos/Blaze

* Infernal Team Enforcer
* Fallen Archangel
* The Spirit of Vengeance

"You have seen the power of my flame to burn, to melt physical substance...but that is the least of the Rider's power. For my Hellfire is that of the fiery pits! Mine is the power of Hell unleashed! If I so desire, mine is the power to char a man's soul, without singeing a hair on his head. And I so desire. - Zarathos"

"Do you know what Hellfire feels like, Fisk? Like all your sins come home to roost. All the wounds you've gouged in others brought back on yourself. And the "Kingpin of Crime" likes causing pain the same way he likes baby back ribs, yeah? Extra portions. So, tell me...what are you scared of? - Johnny Blaze"

Powers & Abilities

* Demonic Physiology: Immense (godlike) strength, speed, agility, durability, regeneration, and immunity to human afflictions.
* Hellfire Pyrokinesis: Hellfire projection, Construct Creation, Infusion of Objects, Telekinetic Control of Hellfire Infused Objects, Hellfire Rain, Waves, and Omni-Directional Bursts.
* Demonic Magic: Zarathos possesses powerful demonic magic (similar to Daimon Hellstrom). He can manifest arcane shields, teleport, grow, and read souls to judge their innocence or guilt.
* Biblical Nature Control: Zarathos has dominion over the Earth, Sea and Sky. He possess potent magical geo-kinetic, hydrokinetic, and weather control powers. He can expel a host of ravenous locusts which burn and consume the flesh and spirit of those their set upon from his mouth.

Special Equipment

* Hellfire Motorcycle- Ghost Rider can summon a Hellfire empowered motorcycle at will. His bike is ultra durable and easily moves at supersonic speed. He is a skilled rider and a stuntman of exceptional talent.
* Demonic Chains: Manifests and controls magical chains that extend in size, slice through most objects, and transform into other weapons as needed. He can spew additional chains from his mouth or chest at will.

Notable Feats:

* Destroyed the Avatars of Satan.
* Destroyed an entire city of Demons (thousands) with Hellfire.
* Defeated Hell Lord Azmodeus in his own domain.
* Bested Hulk, Dr. Strange, Dr. Voodoo, Thor, and numerous Avengers.
* Outraced Mjolnir (Thor's throwing speed ranges from sonic to FTL).

Respect Threads
https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads ... ad_marvel/
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/ghost-ri ... ad-714221/
https://vk.com/topic-70515847_30611355

Spawn - Al Simmons

* Infernal Team Enforcer #2
* Necroplasmic Magic User
* Part time ruler of Hell

"Traitors and rebels, demons and damned... choose your sides. The King of Hell has returned." - Spawn

Powers & Abilities

* Living Symbiotic Skin: Vast superhuman strength, speed, and durability.
* Regenerative Healing Factor
* Animated Mystical Cape: Sizing, shaping, and able to shield against most attacks.
* Animated Mystical Chains: Sizing, spiked, and nearly indestructible.
* Necroplasmic Magic: Herald Class blasting, broad-spectrum spellcasting and transmutation, necromancy, telepathy, and Hellfire manipulation.
* Green World Chlorokinesis: Mass plant growth, animation/control, and chloro-telepathy (seeing and hearing through plants).
* Dark Animal Control: Spawn can summon and command Wolves, Bears, Worms, and Bats.
* Elite Assassin: Advanced HTH and ranged combat skill, stealth, and tactics.

Notable Feats:

* Restrained and imprisoned the Dark God Urizen.
* Defeated Hell Lord Mamon in his own realm.
* Simultaneously cured Paralysis, Coma, and Cancer in an ally.
* Defeated Angela, Overtkill, Redeemer, Violator, and many others.

Respect Threads
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/spawn-si ... d-1463736/
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/g ... d-1885939/
https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads ... ect_spawn/
https://vk.com/topic-70515847_30642832

Linda Danvers - Supergirl/Matrix

* Offensive Telepath Designate #2
* Team Speedster #2
* Earthborn Angel of Fire

"You are familiar, of course, with the residents of Heaven and Earth. However, there is a third type of being, with ties to both. They are called Earth-Born Angels. They do God's work on Earth and Man's work in Heaven. At any given time there are three... and of all the celestial beings, they are among God's favorites. They govern Fire, Light, and Love. Now Supergirl... is the current Earth-Born Angel of Fire." - Hell Lord

Powers & Abilities

* Angelic Physiology: Super Strength, Super Speed, FTL Flight, and Invulnerability (Kryptonian Equivalent).
* Telekinetic and Telepathic (Elite).
* Divine Teleportation
* Divine Regenerative Healing Factor
* Shape Shifting: Capable of altering her shape and appearance at will.
* Angelic Immunities: Immune to fire and heat. Resistant to telepathy, magic, and possession.
* Divine Fire Projection: Linda can fire blasts of divine fire from her eyes. Unlike Hellfire, this magical flame burns the victims flesh and soul simultaneously. Victims with evil and sin in their hearts suffer even greater effect.
* Fire Absorption: Her Angelic wings absorb fire/heat and convert it into a an additional power boost (akin to a mini-Sun Dip).

Notable Feats:
* Telepathically stalemated Despero (and defeated Gorilla Grodd).
* Defeated Parasite, Silver Banshee, and numerous elite Devils.
* Cut off Spectre’s hand.
* Knocked out Kara Zor-El (Supergirl) with one punch.

Respect Threads
https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads ... irl_pc_dc/
https://vk.com/topic-67993718_30057535

Stranger Things Have Happened
When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 02:36 #5

Mr. Awesome @ Oct 2 2017, 06:35 PM wrote: This is the clusterfuck match. I can't make anything out of this one yet. Not even sure where to go with the 1 vs 1 matches either.
I'll toss out my ideas on it in a few. There are actually some surprisingly good 1x1 fights, they're just really, really none traditional lol.

03 Oct 2017, 03:09 #6

At first glance, this is a bit of a bad match for Superman. No matter who he goes up against, his legendary durability won’t help much. Everyone here can hurt him. That’s a big selling point IMO.
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/330/d/b/iron_spider_suiting_up_animation_by_z_studios-d5mb1l8.gif[/img]

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 03:11 #7

Okay, here's my one big hefty post. Gonna get it out of the way now and then give time to Foxy. After this, I'll probably stick to counter points and scans as needed.

Foxy's team strengths:
Foxy has elite muscle with Superman and Hulk on the same team. He has a powerful, but relatively brash telekinetic with Manchester. He has an elite blaster with Genis. And he's got a fantastic battlefield manipulator with Hawksmoor. I see his team using heavy punches from Hulk and Superman and energy blasts from Genis as the primary offensive. I see Manchester relying on TK shields to stay alive himself and using TK attacks to basically act as a lesser version of Cable. Hawksmoor will be in charge in making building fall on people, messing with the environment in creative ways, and essentially acting as a Class 12 Urban Mage as far as utility is concerned. It's a solid team.

Jax's team strengths:
My team also has elite muscle, it's just not the classic ground brick and cape packaging. It is, however, just as potent:

Zarathos is godlike in power; easily in the same ballpark as Superman or Green Scar and more than capable of going blow for blow with either of them and coming out on top. He is pure 100% elite magic muscle, and his attacks include Hellfire that is both magic and soul-attacking; which means it bypasses the insane durability of guys like Hulk and Superman. Potent stuff.

The version of Spawn that I have is 2nd Age (very similar to Ghost Rider) with Green World powers (very similar to Man-Thing) and Legion Powers (6000 souls that amp him to elite class 12 strength). He's also grade-A magic muscle. His strength score is high enough to restrain the foot of a 100,000 ton titanic dark-godling - dude IS an elite physical powerhouse. He's also a very potent magic user; as in full on blasting, shielding, teleporting, transmutation - the whole works. His Necromancy is great enough that he brings raising legions of dead or healing deadly team wounds with him to the table. Thanks to his magic nature, he can match muscle with Superman or match blasting with Genis-Vell.

Next in line is Matrix/Supergirl. This is the telekinetic 1990's Supergirl (who was already strong enough to 1-shot normal Kara Zor-El Supergirl with a haymaker punch) with all of the typical Kryptonian fixings (i.e. she's just as fast, durable, and strong a typical Kryptonian, making her a legitimate speedster). Now take that Supergirl and add Divine Fire Angel powers, making her akin to Supergirl with her own side-dose of Ghost Rider added in. As Matrix, she gained a healing factor, teleportation, her eyes blast out a form of magic Hellfire that is just as potent as Ghost Rider's. To top it off, she is an elite telepath with telekinetic powers that are just as powerful as her strength score. He TP is high enough that she can match brain blasts with Desparo - which is Class 12 elite stuff. She too, is 100% elite magic muscle capable of going 1x1 with any brick on the board and also capable of going 1x1 with any telepath on the board - very diverse.

Next we have Wally West - the fastest hero alive by miles. Wally is also elite (and I mean ELITE) muscle. He can punch harder than Superman (Infinite Mass Punch - he punches so fast his fists hit you like a planet). The Speed Force gives him durability to tank punches from Black Adam. That's mega class personal force fielding. He moves so fast that he can speed blitz a foe with 2,000 punches before they blink. He vibrates through objects and he can make things explode by touching them fast enough. But his most potent attack is that he can take away speed; by speed steeling, he can turn a mega brick into a helpless statue. Or he can grant speed to others, and turn Ghost Rider or Spawn into a speedster. Nasty stuff.

Lastly we have the crème de la crème of the team: Dr. Stephen Strange. The mother loving Sorcerer Supreme. Dr. Strange has all of the blasting power of a High Herald combined with the Force Field of Graviton and the dues ex ability to do whatever the Hell he wants. You think Hawksmore is a manipulator? Dr. Strange can turn the damn city into Jell-O if he wants. Or simply make it disappear all together. He can summon a legion of demons or wrap you in magical bonds that leach your will to live. The man is an elite mega class monster, and there is literally no power set in this weight class that he cannot go 1x1 against. He can best bricks, blasters, telepaths, and mages alike. He's dropped Galactus twice. Wicked nasty.

X-Factors:
Foxy has Superman on the board, and I have team where 4 out of 5 players pack potent magical attacks. That's bad news for Clark. Foxy has Manchester Black, but I have Linda Danvers who can match his brain and exceed him in stats. Foxy has Hulk, I have Zarathos who Dr. Strange noted is one of the few beings that could take Green Scar down. Foxy has Hawksmoore, an amazing battlefield controller. I have Dr. Strange - an elite reality controller. Foxy has Genis-Vell, an elite blaster. I have Spawn - an elite blaster with superior healing and dues ex magic. The trump cards favor the magic mechas. Lastly, I have mass durability. Zarathos - Lobo like healing factor. Spawn - Wolverine like healing factor. Matrix- Wolverine like healing factor. Flash - Good luck touching him, but he can tank big hits. Strange - Force Field that can tank hits from Galactus. These guys are hard to hurt.

1x1's:

Superman - In a lot of trouble with Ghost Rider, Spawn, Matrix, and Dr. Strange throwing around mega class magic attacks.
Hulk - Crazy strong, but matched by Zarathos and turned into a statue by Flash.
Manchester - Potent telekinetic and telepath, kept in check by Matrix who is also a potent TK and telepath - and also a divine blaster, speedster, and brick. Or by Dr. Strange. Or (defensively only) limited by Spawn.
Genis-Vell - Potent blaster. Matched by Spawn, a potent blaster with a thousand other powers. Or Matrix, Dr. Strange, or Zarathos.
Hawksmoor - An elite battlefield manipulator. So are Dr. Strange and Spawn.

Or put simply... Magic (and speed) FTW!

:sheepflash:

03 Oct 2017, 03:21 #8

Jax, do you have scans of Wally using the speed steal offensively? Cause I've seen him "borrow" speed from other speedsters to make himself faster and I've seen him share speed (also usually with another speedster) to bring them up to his speed, but I've never seen him turn an enemy into a statue or make Batman run faster than light.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 03:27 #9

Iron_Spider @ Oct 2 2017, 07:21 PM wrote: Jax, do you have scans of Wally using the speed steal offensively? Cause I've seen him "borrow" speed from other speedsters to make himself faster and I've seen him share speed (also usually with another speedster) to bring them up to his speed, but I've never seen him turn an enemy into a statue or make Batman run faster than light.
Yessir. Gimme a sec.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 03:30 #10

Speed Steal Proof Scan #1 (I'll dig up more, but it takes a bit)

You have to read the text, he talks about stealing all of Superman's kinetic energy while Supes is running near light speed to keep up with Wally. Says he would "stop him cold" fairly specifically.

03 Oct 2017, 03:36 #11

I've always felt like this is one of the speed force abilities that doesn't get utilized enough. In theory, it should make the like's of Barry and Wally unbeatable. I do sense their morality tends to get in the way of this. I mean, Wally could (in theory) run around and vibrate through the entire enemy team and stop all their hearts in the opening second of this match. He's not going to do that though is he? I love me some Flash but he is a bit broken at times.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 03:39 #12

Here's a good one:

Stealing Jay and Bart's speed to add to his own:
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/or ... +steal.jpg

Still looking for the scans, but here's a list of his speed steals from Comic Vine:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/wally-we ... s-1792556/

"Wally has speed stole objects and people. He showed that he can Speed Steal Earth's population in an instant. While fighting Amazo Wally stated that with Speed Force powers Amazo would kill the entire League before they knew what happened so he took his powers away from Amazo and Amazo calculated Wally West as the biggest threat in Justice League."

Taking Amazo's speed
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/o ... speed..jpg

Absorbs the kinetic energy from an entire planet
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/o ... planet.jpg

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 03:43 #13

For the record, I am NOT saying that Wally opens the matches by stealing the speed from every enemy on the other team. For one, that's abusive as all fuck. For two, that's not in-character. For three... that's abusive as all fuck (worth saying twice).

What I am saying, is that in the face of having someone like Green Scar about to squish him or his friends, he will steal his kinetic energy in the short term to paralyze him so that said threat is temporarily removed. THAT is in-character (he did exactly this to remove Amazo as a threat for a bit so that he could get away and help his friends). That can still be devastating as all Hell to a land brick, but this is why Wally is a 13. He's got some nasty powers. This isn't too different than having a Class 13 mage cast a spell to immobilize a foe, or having a Class 13 TK mecha wrap up a foe in TK to immobilize them (it's basically a different way of giving someone the Graviton treatment, just not as wide spread but a bit more potent in a 1x1 environment).

An Ri Leon
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 14:23 #14

jaxthejester @ Oct 2 2017, 09:30 PM wrote: Speed Steal Proof Scan #1 (I'll dig up more, but it takes a bit)

You have to read the text, he talks about stealing all of Superman's kinetic energy while Supes is running near light speed to keep up with Wally. Says he would "stop him cold" fairly specifically.

Small problem Jax, Wally also noted that it he would create a path of destruction all the way to Moscow. It sounds like he'd be removing his super speed but Supes would be stuck going at the speed he was till he crashes.
The poster formerly known as Bwana Simba

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 16:17 #15

Hawksmoor should be interesting here. Could have been awesome to see him take on Thinkerer's team.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 20:21 #16

An Ri Leon @ Oct 3 2017, 06:23 AM wrote:
jaxthejester @ Oct 2 2017, 09:30 PM wrote: Speed Steal Proof Scan #1 (I'll dig up more, but it takes a bit)

Small problem Jax, Wally also noted that it he would create a path of destruction all the way to Moscow. It sounds like he'd be removing his super speed but Supes would be stuck going at the speed he was till he crashes.
See the other above scans. He can also freeze him cold. He did this to Inertia and left him a total statue.

With Supes, he was saying he could remove Superman's ability to generate his own speed and control it. Supes would basically turn into a statue that was thrown in a single, unchanging direction at high speed until it crashes, with no ability to move his own body in the process, change direction, defend himself from impact, etc. He's still hosed.

This may have been early on in his speed stealing too, as later showings have Wally stopping bombs in mid-explosion, which shows he can also stop a uncontrolled flying objects now.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 20:34 #17

Iron_Spider @ Oct 2 2017, 07:36 PM wrote: I've always felt like this is one of the speed force abilities that doesn't get utilized enough. In theory, it should make the like's of Barry and Wally unbeatable. I do sense their morality tends to get in the way of this. I mean, Wally could (in theory) run around and vibrate through the entire enemy team and stop all their hearts in the opening second of this match. He's not going to do that though is he? I love me some Flash but he is a bit broken at times.
I can't disagree bud. Wally is one of those characters that would be unwriteable if his morality didn't keep him grounded. There's a bunch of those in the Class 13 range. Guys like Surfer and Firestorm should start every fight by turning the enemy team's clothing into Adamantium (talk about hosed). Dr. Strange should open each match by summoning a Great Old One. Thor should use Godblasts every encounter. Morality and in-character mind limits are the only thing keeping a lot of these guys reasonable. Luckily, it tends to do the trick.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

04 Oct 2017, 03:45 #18

Where you at, Foxy? Come get some!

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

05 Oct 2017, 01:01 #19

I'm bored, so I'mma post a few scans in hopes of inciting some counters from Foxy (hint hint!)

Here's some Dr. Strange Love (cha-cha!)

Snatching Mjolnir

Aquaman eat yer' heart out

Putting Hulk in his place

Dems da biggum Arcane Blasts!

:SM:

Foxy Shazam
Inhuman

05 Oct 2017, 05:04 #20

Any body have any questions regarding my team? I guess I'll put some stuff up regarding Superman and magic. He actually has a lot of feats resisting, and out righting tanking high level magic, and reality manipulation.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

05 Oct 2017, 06:16 #21

Glad your here bud. Definitely post some stuff. :metal:

Thinkerer
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 18:37 #22

Mr. Awesome @ Oct 3 2017, 10:17 AM wrote: Hawksmoor should be interesting here. Could have been awesome to see him take on Thinkerer's team.
Godzilla would smack the shit out of him. He destroys cities and buildings for a living :D

Foxy Shazam
Inhuman

05 Oct 2017, 23:00 #23

Before I start, I’m seeing the speed steal thing mentioned here a lot. Wouldn’t that be considered an ability that can’t be defended against?

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

05 Oct 2017, 23:46 #24

Foxy Shazam @ Oct 5 2017, 07:00 PM wrote: Before I start, I’m seeing the speed steal thing mentioned here a lot. Wouldn’t that be considered an ability that can’t be defended against?
It should be considered an undefendable attack. I think you were the last person to have Wally on your team in a draft and you never even mentioned it.

Jax even said this in one of the matches.
jaxthejester @ Apr 25 2016, 01:40 AM wrote:On a side note, I'm auto-mentally Nerfing any Feats outside of Tourney limits on both sides. Some of the magic stuff on Awesome's side is too much for Herald class foes IMO. And the same goes for some of Wally's stuff. No undefendable auto win powers for me.
This would have to mean speed steal. It can't have anything to do with running through time because that was already banned and always has been a banned thing in drafts.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

05 Oct 2017, 23:55 #25

I'm pretty sure we then allowed it with Jay Garrick. Views change a lot from game to game. Either way though, I'm cool with saying no speed steel if that's what folks want, but we would need to hold mages to similar standards (no spells that remove mobility). Same with anyone else who has a similar way to generate the same ends via different means.