Stargate SG1

Stargate and Farscape talk. Spill so guts onour favorite TV sci-fi series here.

Moderators: Chiana, Lady_Sif, Chiana, Lady_Sif

Stargate SG1

Chiana
Alpha Primitive
Chiana
Alpha Primitive

22 Jul 2011, 23:05 #1

huhhh stargate .... now it gets interesting ... mhh whats first ... okaay i ¢¾love¢¾ stargate ... but of all stargate charackters vala mal doran is my favourit char ...

... okay lets talk about a little but about this round gate ... stargate is the gate to other planets , civilisations, intelligents, technologys, enemys, friends and universes .... at the first seven seasons the goauld was the bad head enemys ... theyre parasits and check in in the neck of their hosts ... the goauld cant live without a host ... but if a gouald takes possession of you , you havnt longer control over you ... they named them selfes gods and they want to dominate the whole universe with their army named jaffar ... jaffars are incubators for the goauld larves ... cause of the larves the jaffar getting older and are stronger ...

... at this seasons the charackters

Jack ONeill

leader of sg1

Samatha Carter

scientist and one of the intelligentest heads of the universe

Daniel Jackson

he was a jaffar but he change his mind and follow the sg team to beat the goas

after season 8 the most goas was beaten and so slowly the get to know about the acients and after a back and forth two new charackters came to stargate

Cameron Mitchell and Vala Mal Doran

as vala destroy the first supergate she gets to origalaxie and gave birth to adria a gene manipulated half ori half human child

at this moment the war against the whole milkyway and the ori galaxy get started

okay thats a very very short discibtion of the 10 seasons of stargate command sg1

kacangpool
Living Tribunal
kacangpool
Living Tribunal

26 Jul 2011, 12:39 #2

this looks interesting chiana. sif said that i should really watch it. mick, the owner of this forum, is so into this series too.

i saw only the stargate movie, and not much else.

RANDOM_HAVOK
Elder

27 Jul 2011, 12:36 #3

stargate SG1 was a pretty good show, i watched the earlier seasons.
watched some stargate atlantis too

Lady_Sif
Cosmic Being
Lady_Sif
Cosmic Being

27 Jul 2011, 19:59 #4

Chiana @ Jul 23 2011, 01:05 AM wrote: after season 8 the most goas was beaten and so slowly the get to know about the acients and after a back and forth two new charackters came to stargate
Lol. Now, on the picture he totally reminds me of Gandalf :lol3:

I wonder why they haven't used much of the Greece mythology. Some Goa'Uld were greece gods, but basically they were from the egyptian mythology. But I am glad, they picked the Celtic myths for the Ori, cause they are not used as much as the greece gods.

SG1 had a good team. Each character was fun. While Atlantis was basically about Sheppard and McKay, cause they were the audiences favorite characters. Actually they wanted to continue with the movies, but then they decided to put the money, (that was planed for the SGA movie) into SG Universe.

KC, Stargate is a great believeable sci-fi show, that combines sci-fi and mythology perfectly. :grin: Actually they do the same as the Marvel comics. Thor and the Asgard (Thor's people in SG) are aliens, that visited earth centuries ago. Like the Goa'Uld did. But the Asgard are wise and they protected us. That's how the people got to believe, that they were gods. Marvel says, that the Asgardians came into this galaxy so long ago, that even Odin can't remember where they're from actually and they started to believe THEMSELVES that they are gods. But in fact, they are aliens, like in SG.

Stargate has everything, mythology, action, sci-fi, fun, aliens, epic space battles, Replicators. The Replicators look like spiders and bugs of grey metal Lego pieces. lol. That their simpliest form. But then they evolved to a human shaped form. They are artificial intellegences that can penetrate your mind by putting their hand into your head. (I looks like that lol).

So, why did SGU suck this much? I know it... <_<
Chiana, what was wrong with SGU in your opinion?

kacangpool
Living Tribunal
kacangpool
Living Tribunal

29 Jul 2011, 16:26 #5

i caught a couple of episodes, but i missed a whole bunch so i didn't even try to follow. wish i did.

mickeys4life
Living Tribunal
mickeys4life
Living Tribunal

12 Aug 2011, 16:31 #6

I have every Stagate DVD out to date...my favorite of all time...just finished my marathon of all series a few weeks ago.

I wish they had done a better job with SGU...I knew it would fail when I heard Lou Diamond Phillips would be in it....everything that man does fails LOL.

The show was ok...my biggest complaint was the fact that some dork who beats a video game is given top secret clearance, taken on a spaceship headed for this new gate that will dial the ship and once on ship quickly masters ancient technology and is the wonder kid of all time.

Real life would have gone like this...

Airman: "Hey look General Oneill...someone broke the code in the video game"

Oneill: "About time...you know if we just gave this to Carter and Jackson we would have had this done in the space of one episode...right T'eal?"

T'ealc: "Indeed"

Airman: "Yeah yeah...so what now?"

Oneill: "Upload the data to the mad scientist who will go out of his way to stay trapped in a galaxy far far away on an ancient ship that has been floating in space for a million years so we can get the gate up and running."

Airman: "what about the kid who broke the code?"

Oneill: "send him a fruit basket and congratulate him for being the first to beat the game"

Airman: "Will do general"

Lady_Sif
Cosmic Being
Lady_Sif
Cosmic Being

17 Aug 2011, 19:29 #7

mickeys4life @ Aug 12 2011, 06:31 PM wrote: I have every Stagate DVD out to date...my favorite of all time...just finished my marathon of all series a few weeks ago.

I wish they had done a better job with SGU...I knew it would fail when I heard Lou Diamond Phillips would be in it....everything that man does fails LOL.

The show was ok...my biggest complaint was the fact that some dork who beats a video game is given top secret clearance, taken on a spaceship headed for this new gate that will dial the ship and once on ship quickly masters ancient technology and is the wonder kid of all time.

Real life would have gone like this...

Airman: "Hey look General Oneill...someone broke the code in the video game"

Oneill: "About time...you know if we just gave this to Carter and Jackson we would have had this done in the space of one episode...right T'eal?"

T'ealc: "Indeed"

Airman: "Yeah yeah...so what now?"

Oneill: "Upload the data to the mad scientist who will go out of his way to stay trapped in a galaxy far far away on an ancient ship that has been floating in space for a million years so we can get the gate up and running."

Airman: "what about the kid who broke the code?"

Oneill: "send him a fruit basket and congratulate him for being the first to beat the game"

Airman: "Will do general"
lol. Not sure if the lucky kid thing would have gone this way. I didn't feel, that it was unrealistic in the show. I think the entire story plot was just too slow... WAY too slow. They wanted to develope everything within 5 seasons. The SG fan wanted action, he wanted to be entertained... SGU was just boring. Sure it had it's good moments, but the things that happened in the first season could have sumed up in 5 episodes or less. There is nothing wrong with making it more dark and depressing. I liked that concept, when I read about it for the first time. While SG1 and SGA started with a big bang, SGU was crawling slowly from the start line. What I liked about SGU was the characters... at least a few. I think the "wonder kid" Eli has been one of the few the fans really liked. I also liked Rush. The actor has done a great job. He was a twisted character, that had it's dark times.

Well, I think they learned from their faults. If anyone buys MGM or if they manage to get a come back, they're gonna continue with something new, that is gonna be more like the old times. I really hope so ^_^

mickeys4life
Living Tribunal
mickeys4life
Living Tribunal

25 Aug 2011, 21:11 #8

Really? I didnt like Eli...he just got on my nerves...he is tied for most annoying with the power hungry Lesbian (cant recall characters name at moment) As far as pace...I didnt mind the pace of the show...just the writing was not the best IMO.

Lady_Sif
Cosmic Being
Lady_Sif
Cosmic Being

11 Sep 2012, 19:24 #9

mickeys4life @ Aug 25 2011, 11:11 PM wrote: Really? I didnt like Eli...he just got on my nerves...he is tied for most annoying with the power hungry Lesbian (cant recall characters name at moment) As far as pace...I didnt mind the pace of the show...just the writing was not the best IMO.
yeah, of course. SGU was very differently written. They wanted to try something else than the other shows did. But it failed epic. The writing was not that bad, it was just such a slow way of telling the story. Almost no action. But the other shows worked so well with action. I didn't like most of the SGU characters too. While SG1 had all good characters, SGA had a few but the rest was not bad at all too, and SGU had bad characters with just a very few interesting characters. I also didn't get the "let's open up a window and get fresh air" thing. They were IN SPACE. What was that supposed to be? lol

mickeys4life
Living Tribunal
mickeys4life
Living Tribunal

07 Nov 2012, 19:06 #10

Lady_Sif @ Sep 11 2012, 01:24 PM wrote:
mickeys4life @ Aug 25 2011, 11:11 PM wrote: Really? I didnt like Eli...he just got on my nerves...he is tied for most annoying with the power hungry Lesbian (cant recall characters name at moment) As far as pace...I didnt mind the pace of the show...just the writing was not the best IMO.
yeah, of course. SGU was very differently written. They wanted to try something else than the other shows did. But it failed epic. The writing was not that bad, it was just such a slow way of telling the story. Almost no action. But the other shows worked so well with action. I didn't like most of the SGU characters too. While SG1 had all good characters, SGA had a few but the rest was not bad at all too, and SGU had bad characters with just a very few interesting characters. I also didn't get the "let's open up a window and get fresh air" thing. They were IN SPACE. What was that supposed to be? lol
As my dad used to tell me when scipts made no sense..."it's happening cause it's in the damn script" lol

mickeys4life
Living Tribunal
mickeys4life
Living Tribunal

07 Nov 2012, 19:08 #11

I miss Stargate :-(

comixkid2099
Living Tribunal
comixkid2099
Living Tribunal

15 Sep 2014, 03:21 #12

Tonight I watched the very first episode of SG1. I've seen the movie 2 or 3 times, and I liked it well enough. I always wanted to get into the show, because I've heard good things. But 10 seasons just seemed really daunting, especially when you count all of the spinoffs. I don't know how long it'll take me, but I hope to try to burn through all of the Stargate related shows maybe by the end of the year, but that's a generous estimate.

comixkid2099
Living Tribunal
comixkid2099
Living Tribunal

15 Sep 2014, 03:22 #13

Oh, and I know absolutely nothing about the rest of the series, or any of the others, so I'm avoiding the earlier posts in the thread for now.

mickeys4life
Living Tribunal
mickeys4life
Living Tribunal

04 Jul 2015, 20:00 #14

ever finish the series ck?