Silver Bullets

Only good and fantasy stuff.

Moderators: MsMarvelDuckie, MsMarvelDuckie

Silver Bullets

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

26 May 2009, 23:48 #1

This is going to be a new series about a bike-riding, gun-toting werewolf hunter out to save her brother from the clutches of a pack of vicious monsters; hopefully without becoming one herself!
"Well, this is another fine myth you've gotten us into..."
-from "Myth Directions"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

27 May 2009, 08:51 #2

Oooooooooooooooooo, sounds cool Ducks!

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

17 Sep 2009, 23:44 #3

*Sigh* I keep trying to get something started on this, but I can never seem to figure out where to begin- at the very beginning, with some action, or with a little bit of character intro? Well, in any case, I will at least provide some info on the main characters.

Jason - A young man who has been forced to join a pack of blood-thirsty werewolves to keep his sister from being turned by the pack's leader, who wants her for a mate. He is reluctant to hunt with his pack, fighting the urge to kill, because if he does, he will become permanently lycan.

Diana - Jason's twin sister, who vows to hunt down and kill the pack and its leader for turning her brother into a monster. She also seeks a cure to change Jason back to normal before it is too late.

Drake - The leader of the werewolf pack, a cold and brutal killer who enjoys hunting down humans, and keeps Jason and the other pack members in line with threats. He lusts for Diana, and will try anything to go back on his promise to leave her alone.

Griffin- Drake's second, and a vicious killer in his own right. He hates Drake, but won't dare stand against him, and he wants Diana for himself.

Uncle Chuck- The uncle who raised Jason and Diana after their parents were killed in a car accident. He is a mechanic, and the only one who knows about the werewolves. He aids Diana in her search for her brother, and helps her hunt down werewolves.

The Moonspeakers- The secret council of lycan elders, who have remained hidden for generations to protect their clans. They are after both Drake's pack for breaking the ancient tabboos of hunting humans, and Diana, in vengence for killing so many of their kin.
-from "Myth Directions"

18 Sep 2009, 09:31 #4

Ooooo I love the pack name! I`m sure looking forward to this when it launches!

Maybe you could go with some action while introducing your main? First issues, for me anyway, are the hardest. You have to grab that reader right off or you`re done.

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

21 Sep 2009, 20:59 #5

And how. I was thinking of starting it out with a werewolf attack, sort of "American Werewolf in London" style. Or with her hunting one. What do you think?
-from "Myth Directions"

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

01 Apr 2010, 03:19 #6

Silver Bullets #1: "Blood Moon"

Night. A full moon sits bright and blood-red, just above the horizon. Crickets and tree frogs chirp in the woods; a twig snaps, and they suddenly go silent. A dark-haired teen-age girl in a sun dress and sneakers runs through the woods, looking frantically behind her. Somewhere not far behind, a loud, feral barking is heard.

She stumbles over a fallen branch, sprawling onto her face amid the dirt and leaves as a cloud passes over the moon. Scrambling back up, she turns to look back, and suddenly screams. A dark shadow, all fur and muscle, leaps at her- and the scream turns to a gurgling sound. Blood spatters upon some near-by underbrush.

The cloud drifts away, revealing a huge, fur-covered figure, vaguely masculine and human-shaped. Large, beastial eyes shine golden from a wolf-like muzzle in the moonlight, as a pair of sharp fangs gulp down a piece of meat. The creature bends down over its kill, ripping off another strip of soft pink flesh.

"Hey fido- I sure hope you enjoyed that, 'cause that's the last piece of ass you'll ever get, dog-breath!" A voice calls out from behind. The beast whirls, growling at the intruder. A slim, female figure steps out of the trees, half-hidden in the shadows. A flash and a sharp retort blinds and deafens the huge wolf-thing, and it suddenly lurches forward, with a yelp of pain.

The werewolf looks down, and sees blood running from a dozen small holes in its chest. Its eyes widen in surprise, and it manages to speak just before it falls over. "Aww, shit. You bitch..."

"I ain't the one with a dog for a Pa." The figure says, as she comes over and kicks the shape with a calf-high black cowboy boot; the beast is fast shifting into the form of a young Native American man, with tribal markings on his right arm in the shape of a wolf's head. She lowers her double-barreled Winchester shotgun, and nods approval.

"Got another one, Uncle Chuck." The girl says into a Bluetooth headpiece. She cocks back an ivory-colored Stetson hat, and crouches down beside it, her tiny black denim shorts and tied-off red-and-white checkered top showing ample curves. "Looks like it was Coyote this time. I finally bagged one of Drake's pack."

<<Good girl, Diana,>> says a voice over the set. <<You sure he's dead?>>

"If he ain't, he's sure gonna need a new fur coat. This one's kinda full of holes." She grins into her set.
-from "Myth Directions"

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

03 Apr 2010, 06:19 #7

Just a little bump to bring it to attention!
-from "Myth Directions"

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

04 Apr 2010, 04:57 #8

Twelve years earlier:

A man in a police uniform stands next to a woman in a casual business outfit, at the door of a small house with a porch swing and large oak trees in front. Two young children with golden hair- a boy and a girl- stand silently in what might be called "church clothes" behind them, looking nervous. The woman knocks on the door.

It opens, and a rather short, lean man in his mid-thirties steps out. He is dressed in a plain white tee-shirt and long red shorts, and holds a soda in one hand. "Can I help you folks?" he asks, staring at the officer.

"Hello, Mr. Charles Winston?" the woman asks hesitantly.

"That'd be me, Now who ae you?" he returns a bit impatiently. He looks her over with a slight scowl.

"I'm Cynthia Greenwood, we spoke over the phone yesterday about your brother and his family?"

"Oh," he says with a sour look. "The man's dead; would you people just leave him alone?" He starts to close the door, but the woman stops it.

"Yes, sir, I know that, but so is his wife, and he listed you as the next of kin."

"Yeah, what's your point?" He says bluntly. He looks slightly irritated, his hazel eyes narrowing.

"So, his children need a home, and since you're the closest relative, he put you in the will as care-giver if anything happened to him and his wife. They're yours now."

"What?!" The man shouts in surprise. The two children try to hide behind the woman, peeking around hr skirt.

"It's either that, or foster care. The state would prefer they remain with family." The woman says in a matter-of-fact tone. He stops, and turns to look at her.

"Is that so?" He says, scowling again. She nods.

"Well, I guess I can't turn down Rick's kids, now can I? Okay, but I ain't much of a family man. My wife and I never had any of our own, and ain't ever likely too. Guess he knew that."

"Their names are Jason and Diana," the woman supplies almost as an after-thought.

"I know that!" he shoots back, irritated again. "Just cause I ain't seen the man in five years don't mean I don't know who my neice and nephew are!" He shakes his head. The officer pushes the two children toward him, while the woman hands him a packet of papers.

"These are the papers for the adoption, there's a number for a lawyer on the front. We'll be in to check on them twice a month sir. Good day." She turns around, and the officer follows her down the steps.

The man stands looking down at the two children, and frowns. "You kids got any clothes or anything?"

"Yes, sir." The girl holds up a large suitcase, and the boy holds up another.

"That's it?" He looks skeptical.

"Yes. Daddy never had much money to buy us stuff," the boy says hesitantly. The girl just nods.

"Well, come on, then. Let's find you two a place to sleep." He shakes his head again and watches them enter, then shuts the door behind them.
-from "Myth Directions"

05 Apr 2010, 09:32 #9

Very nice Ducks! I`ll drop down to web comics since I hear you have a thread down there and one heck of an artist signed up too!

Congrats!

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

08 Apr 2010, 05:06 #10

Thank ye kindly, ma'am! I couldn't have done it without your assist. I'm going to use the scripts thread for the remainder of this, but I will continue to post updates on progress here.
-from "Myth Directions"

08 Apr 2010, 09:29 #11

I`ll look for the updates down in web-comics then!

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

20 Apr 2010, 04:27 #12

Update! I just got two more character profiles up down in the web-comics section, so the cast is filling out nicely. Both wolves, one we've already (sort of) met, and the other's a new face.
-from "Myth Directions"

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

05 Oct 2010, 20:38 #13

This thing seems to have stalled out. Haven't heard anything from Franshu in a while. Did he give up? (grumbles...)
-from "Myth Directions"