robot / mecha drawing contest

A place for you to post your art, sketches, poems, haiku's even...etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Tavern Master Brewer, Moderators, Tavern Master Brewer

robot / mecha drawing contest

kacangpool
Living Tribunal
kacangpool
Living Tribunal
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 07:03

14 Aug 2011, 11:01 #1

post your completed artwork here.
Reply
Like

seanb47
Inhuman
Joined: 14 Sep 2008, 05:56

25 Aug 2011, 06:51 #2

This was something I did while at work,so I was a little distracted and in a rush.Sometimes things don't always come out the way you intended and this is one of those pieces symmetrically for me.Nonetheless,here it is.

When will someone smart enough build the cyborg body model cool enough to transplant myself into yet?

http://www.drunkduck.com/My_Comic_Art/

My DeviantART link
Reply
Like

seanb47
Inhuman
Joined: 14 Sep 2008, 05:56

04 Sep 2011, 19:10 #3

Cal Mech!



Digital inks,colors,paint & airbrushing,text tweaking,editing & use of filter effects all on Gimp.
When will someone smart enough build the cyborg body model cool enough to transplant myself into yet?

http://www.drunkduck.com/My_Comic_Art/

My DeviantART link
Reply
Like

kacangpool
Living Tribunal
kacangpool
Living Tribunal
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 07:03

05 Sep 2011, 02:06 #4

wow i like it sean. great job, and great technique. [1st]
Reply
Like

ironhand
Eternal
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 18:46

10 Sep 2011, 15:16 #5

I noticed this when it was first released, and have been plotting and whipping up this piece ever since. I also thought that it would be cool if you guys get to see some of what goes off behind the scenes. The first is the very first draft I do for things. The writing is always messy, as is the art. I tried getting up the other sketches then pencils, but was unable to scan them unfortunately. Anyway, here we are: Drafts, Inks and the final piece.








Reply
Like

Gasparilla
Living Tribunal
Gasparilla
Living Tribunal
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 21:52

10 Sep 2011, 17:32 #6

mine didn't turn out as well as I wanted it too.

Reply
Like

seanb47
Inhuman
Joined: 14 Sep 2008, 05:56

11 Sep 2011, 20:21 #7

[happy] Alright!Awesome,you guys!
When will someone smart enough build the cyborg body model cool enough to transplant myself into yet?

http://www.drunkduck.com/My_Comic_Art/

My DeviantART link
Reply
Like

kacangpool
Living Tribunal
kacangpool
Living Tribunal
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 07:03

12 Sep 2011, 18:19 #8

great job guys. [1st]

could you guys maybe add a short description, or the inspiration behind your design, stuff like that?

i'd love to have those on ewc (when the event's over), and having some text along with your artwork would be awesome imo.
Reply
Like

seanb47
Inhuman
Joined: 14 Sep 2008, 05:56

13 Sep 2011, 07:06 #9

kacangpool @ Sep 12 2011, 12:19 PM wrote: great job guys. [1st]

could you guys maybe add a short description, or the inspiration behind your design, stuff like that?

i'd love to have those on ewc (when the event's over), and having some text along with your artwork would be awesome imo.
Hmmm,well... I was inspired by Andy McDonald's work on NYC Mech.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=andy+mcd ... 29,r:7,s:0
When will someone smart enough build the cyborg body model cool enough to transplant myself into yet?

http://www.drunkduck.com/My_Comic_Art/

My DeviantART link
Reply
Like

kacangpool
Living Tribunal
kacangpool
Living Tribunal
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 07:03

14 Sep 2011, 03:18 #10

seanb47 @ Sep 13 2011, 01:06 AM wrote:
kacangpool @ Sep 12 2011, 12:19 PM wrote: great job guys. [1st]

could you guys maybe add a short description, or the inspiration behind your design, stuff like that?

i'd love to have those on ewc (when the event's over), and having some text along with your artwork would be awesome imo.
Hmmm,well... I was inspired by Andy McDonald's work on NYC Mech.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=andy+mcd ... 29,r:7,s:0
i've read that book :thbsup:

if you could put that in a sentence or two would be awesome, sean. :friends:

goes for the rest of the submissions too. would look good on ewc.
Reply
Like

ironhand
Eternal
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 18:46

14 Sep 2011, 06:17 #11

For the sentences, what exactly do you mean? What you did, or why??

Reply
Like

kacangpool
Living Tribunal
kacangpool
Living Tribunal
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 07:03

14 Sep 2011, 13:34 #12

ironhand @ Sep 14 2011, 12:17 AM wrote: For the sentences, what exactly do you mean? What you did, or why??
yea, a simple description of your piece. and you could add the reasoning behind it if you want.
Reply
Like