Living Skyscrapers vs. Colossal Crew

You feel you can logically defend the idea of Eyescream defeating Superman then this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer, Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer

Living Skyscrapers vs. Colossal Crew

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

02 Oct 2017, 22:50 #1

2017 Mega Class Draft Battle!

The Living Skyscrapers
High Evolutionary - Team Leader/Offensive Telepath
Blackheart - Second in Command/Offensive Telepath #2
Brimstone
Godzilla
Terminus

VS

The Colossal Crew
Blue Marvel
Orion
Captain Atom
He-Man
Aquaman (Waterbearer Hand/Trident of Poseidon) - Offensive Telepath

Bios Thread Link
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comi ... opic=16208

The Arena: Gotham City - Late Afternoon
* The weather is overcast, late afternoon. There is sufficient sunlight to recharge solar powers in the open areas (sky, roof-tops, open street); however, the areas around buildings and in alleys are heavily shaded and gloomy enough to safely house characters that are vulnerable to sunlight (great for vampires and stealth).
* All typical modern Urban elements are present. There is power active and utilities active in all buildings. There is a subway system in place, sewers, and small parks. There are no human bystanders, but there is typical urban animal life and animal life specific to DCU Gotham City.
* The portion of usable Gotham includes the city scape noted above, bordering the ocean harbor. There are a limited supply of boats and typical harbor items.
* The borders of the map are: 3 Square Miles of impenetrable Force Field bubble, covering 1 mile of harbor/water and 2 miles of city bordering the harbor. The force shield is a giant Box Shape that extends up to 3,000 square feet high (several hundred feet higher than the tallest skyscraper). The force barrier allows for teleportation of items into the barriers (i.e. yes, you can summon minions), but it blocks any and all attempts to leave the battlefield. Teleportation via dimension hopping is allowed, but it must be immediate effect - no camping. The force bubble likewise extends 3,000 feet below sea level, allowing for tunneling and use of subway features or deep water features.
* Teams start on opposite sides of the city, approximately half a mile from the harbor.
• No leaving the Battle Arena. Characters move around the limits of the map and up to a maximum of 3,000 feet in the air. This is higher than the tallest building in recorded history just for reference.

The following Rules apply to this Draft:

* Scoring Cards to be debuted (see below). By playing, you are agreeing to Vote in every match and to give the Score Cards a try. You'll be able to copy and paste them from below, just fill in 5 single digit numbers. Super easy, and super required. No lazy bums! [spanky]
* No characters that are impossible to damage. They must be K.O.-able in some way.
* No powers that are impossible to defend against. This includes anything that would insta-kill or insta-K.O. a Class 12 or Class 13 foe.
• Only 2 Offensive Mind-Attackers per team. This includes Telepathic blasting/control/mental illusions, magical compulsion, chemical or Tech effects that simulate said effects.
* No Time Manipulation.
• No Prep Time. Characters are limited to their own knowledge of opponent characters and basic knowledge of team-mate powers.
• Morality is on. All characters act and fight "in character." All characters are motivated to win. Team members may not get along, but they will not attack each other unless absolutely necessary to defend their own moral compass, and they will attempt to work towards the mutual goal of victory (independently if necessary and within the accord of their own moral compasses). They may or may not allow actions to occur that are opposed to their morality (i.e. Captain America isn't going to stand by while Deadpool sprays bullets at good guys, etc.).
• Win by only K.O., Death, or Surrender. No BFRing.
• Standard Gear. No sharing of gear between team members. No giving other members "bits" of your body to use as weapons, or other such effects that are contrary to the primary rule.
• Anyone can post questions or comments during the match, but the characters in the matches act OF THEIR OWN VOLITION, or under the guidance of team leaders if applicable. Tactics posts may be used, but under the understanding that they are presented as "probable actions" based on your team build. You will need to defend the likeliness of said tactics.

Good luck!

Voting Rules!

• Voting may commence immediately, standard vs. forum rules apply. All votes must be accompanied by the following copied and pasted score card:

Voting Score Card

Leadership (1-5) :
Teamwork (1-5) :
Power Levels (1-5) :
Match Trumps (1-5) :
X-Factors (1-5) :

Total Score :

:thankyousai:

Explanation of Score Card:

All you do is assign a number to each category. No justification needed; not commentary required. It'll take less than a minute. These are all basic things we consider in every match already, we'd just be sharing the simplest parts with the players to help them build better; and if you're of the "flip a coin" mindset, you get something better to vote off of.

Note: You do not have to "vote the cards." Your vote is your vote; you alone pick your winner. But this at least gives a very basic, very minimal "something" to the players to help them know if they should change things up with their next team build. It's simple but potentially really helpful.

Here's a breakdown of the categories:
-------------------------------------------

Leadership - is any play calling that is like to occur on your team from any source.
Teamwork - is how well your picks work together and play off of each other (synergy).
Power Levels - is how powerful you think each team is.
Match Trumps - is which team wins the most 1x1 matches. (I.E. Which team has best Rock, Paper, Scissor match-ups against the other team).
X-Factors - is how much/many game changing "it" factors the team has. (I.E. Game Changing powers, Buffs/Debuffs, etc).

Good luck and happy debating! [happy]
When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

02 Oct 2017, 23:19 #2

[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/330/d/b/iron_spider_suiting_up_animation_by_z_studios-d5mb1l8.gif[/img]

[img]http://s26.postimg.org/4nmacq3kp/Professor_Zoom_runs.gif[/img]

An Ri Leon
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 02:31 #3

Iron_Spider @ Oct 2 2017, 05:19 PM wrote:
I fucking hate Batman.
The poster formerly known as Bwana Simba

03 Oct 2017, 02:31 #4

An Ri Leon @ Oct 2 2017, 08:31 PM wrote:
Iron_Spider @ Oct 2 2017, 05:19 PM wrote:
I fucking hate Batman.
You are not alone.
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/330/d/b/iron_spider_suiting_up_animation_by_z_studios-d5mb1l8.gif[/img]

[img]http://s26.postimg.org/4nmacq3kp/Professor_Zoom_runs.gif[/img]

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 02:32 #5

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 04:19 #6

This match makes me happy. The idea of them monsters stomping through Gotham just makes me giddy. Not sure yet who wins, but I know that the city is hosed.
When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

Thinkerer
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 06:27 #7

Colossal my ass, except for a colossal disappointement perhaps :D

Redsledge
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 06:33 #8

I love me some Batman! I dislike how some writers have gotten carried away with themselves, but I love me some Batman. That motherfucker is mission critical. Even if we discount his ridiculous shit, hes still a bad ass.
One of the worlds greatest pleasures is secret knowledge. Things you learn that your peers don't know, or imagine you know. Its the lifetime batting average of every member of the Yankees, stats of Desert Storm, or the names and home-worlds of legions of Superheroes. Commit this knowledge to memory, and you can speak the private language of those who have approached this with equal dedication.

The will of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death - Musashi

PS4: Redsledge
Xbox1: RedsledgeBLU

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 08:22 #9

I like Batman too. He's not my top 10 or anything, but he's had some amazing comics over the years.

Looking closely at these rosters, I'm really only just now noticing how much raw muscle Doc has. There's not a person on his roster that isn't a Class 100+ brick. He's facing monsters of epic proportion, but damn this is gonna be one competitive slobber knocker of a fight. These two teams are gonna beat the living Hell out of each other. I dig it a lot.

Thinkerer
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 08:52 #10

I'll post an extensive feat list and scans tomorrow.

03 Oct 2017, 14:46 #11

How would the Skyscrapers work together? I see the Crew being pretty quick to pick up on some level of team work. Most of them have some level of military background, or at least extensive experience working on a team. On the other hand, Godzilla and Brimstone both seem like they'll just be doing their own thing.
Check out the Outstanding Fan Fic section. We re-envision some of your favorite Marvel characters, and maybe some that you have never heard about:Outstanding Fan Fiction

Now introducing Ask Hulkster Anyting! The place where you can ask all of your burning questions and I guarantee an answer.

Thinkerer
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 15:57 #12

Most of them will be fine on their own. One advantage I got is that I have magic on my side too.

03 Oct 2017, 16:26 #13

Thinkerer @ Oct 3 2017, 08:57 AM wrote: One advantage I got is that I have magic on my side too.
Not with Aquaman's water hand in play. I'm pretty sure that it can nullify magic.
Check out the Outstanding Fan Fic section. We re-envision some of your favorite Marvel characters, and maybe some that you have never heard about:Outstanding Fan Fiction

Now introducing Ask Hulkster Anyting! The place where you can ask all of your burning questions and I guarantee an answer.

Thinkerer
Kree

04 Oct 2017, 07:27 #14

High Evolutionary:

He may not seem like the fighter, but he can handle himself, even against Superman types.

No problem kicking out high level telepaths from his mind.

His energy blasting is strong enough to keep up with Galactus for a little while.

Blasting Thor

Energy beam strong enough to knock out Thor. He was offguard, but still...

No problem disassembling robots (and perhaps armors)

Fights Apocalypse on equal footing

Matter manipulation, creating a metal prison strong enough to hold Herc and Grey Hulk for a while.

More transmutation

Telekinetically tears out Sabretooths nervous system

Evolves plants and other materials into living beings, doing his bidding.

Can take a punch, then subdues Rogue with either telepathy or telekinesis (unclear which)

Thinkerer
Kree

04 Oct 2017, 08:00 #15

Blackheart:

No trouble piercing Red Hulk's skin, after catching some blows

Then throws him away with his giant-sized hand like he's a flee

Not impressed by adamantium claws piercing him

Takes blows from Ghost Rider Red Hulk Venom, and returns bigger and badder than ever.

Manipulates emotions to direct others to fight each other. Even Daimon Hellstrom can't resist.

Thinkerer
Kree

04 Oct 2017, 08:01 #16

To be continued with Godzilla and Terminus

Doc Omega
Living Tribunal
Doc Omega
Living Tribunal

04 Oct 2017, 23:39 #17

I honestly don't care

Redsledge
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 00:53 #18

Yeeesh! You ok Doc?
One of the worlds greatest pleasures is secret knowledge. Things you learn that your peers don't know, or imagine you know. Its the lifetime batting average of every member of the Yankees, stats of Desert Storm, or the names and home-worlds of legions of Superheroes. Commit this knowledge to memory, and you can speak the private language of those who have approached this with equal dedication.

The will of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death - Musashi

PS4: Redsledge
Xbox1: RedsledgeBLU

Doc Omega
Living Tribunal
Doc Omega
Living Tribunal

05 Oct 2017, 00:56 #19

I'm fine, just out of my league when it comes to megas is all

I just had fun making the team, but I dont know enough to argue scans

Thinkerer
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 06:32 #20

Im just posting some scans, cause my team might be fairly obscure to some.

Thinkerer
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 07:06 #21

Terminus:

Smacking Thor

Wonder Woman having trouble holding one arm. Superman getting blasted in the face by Terminus energy staff.

No problem tanking Havok and Dazzler's blasts

Thor acknowledging Terminus strength. He has trouble denting Terminus armor.

A mountain dropped on his head doesn't do much

Entering his armor might not be the best idea. Internal defense system capable of taking on Thor

Fast and strong enough to swat Superman midair

Fast enough to catch Iron Man and smash him into the ground.

Smacks Starfox out of the air, who's speeding around him.

Baseball bats Rogue from the sky.

Has telepathic abilities to pain Thor. He's not the offensive telepath here, but don't think his mind can be entered without a painful fight.

Besides his own TP abilities, his armor blocks off any psi-attacks. Martian Manhunter can't break through.

A powerful attack, summoning a Nuclear Storm.

Blasting Quasar

Thinkerer
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 10:16 #22

Godzilla (IDW):

Him walking through cities simply crushes buildings and shaking the earth.

Stopping the downswing of this huge ass Triploid.

Barely noticing a barrage of bombs dropping on him.

Dropping over a 1000 feat. No biggie.

Having King Ghidorah the 100.000 kg drop on him from a 1000 feet, after falling from that same height. He's fine.

Tanking a nuke.

Heat Blast/Beam. Hurt Space Godzilla and that dude can devour stars.

Destructive Spiral Ray.

Nuclear Pulse

Resists strong telepaths that control other Kaiju's without effort. Godzilla is immune.

Absorbs radiation to get bigger and stronger.

Thinkerer
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 10:21 #23

Brimstone:

Punches Firestorm in flight.

Stands on the sun without being damaged

Creates a sword to aid him.

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

05 Oct 2017, 20:19 #24

Blackheart can do so much more than what you've shown so far. You barely went into his telepathy stuff and his ability to take souls without permission.

I have plenty of that if you need it.

Thinkerer
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 20:23 #25

His respect thread didnt show much else. Feel free to share them.