Legacy

Threads involving major events can be found in here.

Moderators: Tavern Master Brewer, Tavern Master Brewer

Legacy

second herald
Inhuman

25 Sep 2017, 03:34 #1

https://thenerdrecites.com/the-good-and ... vent-7459/

Not a big fan of events but this one has caught my attention.

Love the idea of going back to the old numbering system.

Some titles and characters are being restored.
Pissed off that the Fantastic Four is not one of them.

Could this be the long awaited retcon of OMD?

Avengers 1,000,000 B.C. looks great, the LCS will be directed to get that for me.

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

25 Sep 2017, 08:30 #2

Don't get too excited too fast...some of these renumbered issues are likely to be the equivalent of one-shots or single story arcs, NOT the return of ongoing books. Pretty sure that Darkhawk & Shang-Chi are single issues, for instance. Spirits of Vengeance is only a mini, and I suspect that Moon Knight & Tales of Suspense will only last for one arc. The one to watch as a Fantastic Four fan will be the Thing's new Marvel Two-In-One: Ben & Johnny are finally teamed-up in a story called "The Fate of the Four"...
"We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good,
something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III

:thanosinfinity:

[WW] Gender Equality: Help empower women/girls

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

01 Oct 2017, 05:46 #3

Marvel Legacy #1, pretty sweet fold-out cover:

Random observations, based upon this picture:
- Steven Rogers back as Captain America, wielding his classic shield
- Can't tell if the Iron Man armor contains a person or a hologram, but the retro look suggests the suit operated by the Tony Stark A.I.
- This Hulk version can't be positively identified, but chances are it's only Amadeus Cho
- Ant-Man & the Wasp appear to be Scott Lang & Janet Van Dyne
- Thor is looking classic again...if it's the Odinson, then he's really cleaned himself up
- Stephen Strange still looks like the Sorcerer Supreme, insofar as he still wields the Eye of Agamotto
- The Black Widow appears to be Natalia Romanova, and looks to be very much alive
- The only Inhuman featured is Lockjaw
- The only mutants featured are Ororo Munroe & Wanda Maximoff

Not quite sure what to make of the issue itself. As one might expect, in lieu of a single continuous story we're given a collection of brief spotlights jumping all over the MU. Very much like the initial launch of DC's Rebirth, come to think of it. Some scenes occur off-planet, or even in different time periods, so it's difficult to determine what is meant to be reality and what is only possibility. I've yet more random thoughts going through these pages, but I'll use a spoiler tag to play it safe.
[+] spoiler
We begin with some Stone Age action set in 1,000,000 BCE. If this is meant to be canon, then we're apparently looking at a retcon of the established history of Earth's various Celstial Hosts. Not to mention rewriting Asgardian history, because Mjolnir has already been forged in these farflung prehistoric times. What's most telling, is the specific selection of legacies that have apparently survived the ages: Thor, Phoenix, Sorcerer Supreme, Spirit of Vengeance, Black Panther, Iron Fist, & Star Brand. Who knew that Odin adventured on Midgard THAT long ago, or that he knew Agamotto? The Immortal Weapon timeline seems all wonky, too. There've only been something like 67 Iron Fists in K'un-L'un's history, most of whom were descendents of the H'ylthri plant-aliens who originally crashed there and founded the Heavenly City. Shou-Lao the Undying has been the power source of K'un-L'un and its champions...but my math tells me this has all been happening within the space of a couple of millennia. And how did a Star Brand even get into the picture? It originated in the New Universe, and didn't go multiversal until modern times.

Roberto Reyes as the Ghost Driver, not a big fan of the concept. Considering that the Johnny Blaze legacy version is about to be featured in the Spirits of Vengeance mini, it seems odd to use the All-New version here. Although I will say, it's refreshing to see a superhero who has a certain effeminate/transgender quality...I'm all about diversity in comics. Loki's also wearing some big shoes, mystically speaking. He may have already inherited the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme, but perhaps the Eye no longer serves as the badge of this office...?

Steve Rogers is traveling America trying to find himself. Captain America & Thor aren't going to be staying in their roles much longer, so Sam & Jane are thoroughly sucking face. Odinson is good & drunk, and meanwhile Mangog is on its way to Asgard. Anthony Stark's friends have finally located his comatose body, only to mysteriously lose it again. Deadpool has supposedly killed Phil Coulson, and has one of his few scenes that I can say I've truly enjoyed. Doctor Strange still resides in the Sanctum Sanctorum (which he willingly gave up during Secret Empire), so maybe he's just leasing? Edwin Jarvis & Nadia Van Dyne are now living in the Avengers Mansion, instead of in Janet Van Dyne's house...unless these two buildings have become one & the same.

Wolverine (James Howlett) is back from the dead, and driving a stolen beer truck. Even stranger, young O5 Jean Grey finds out and thinks to herself how much he's been missed. Odd, considering that the teenager hardly knew the guy (did they ever even meet?)...her acquaintanceship has been with Old Man Logan.

A distress message is coming from Sakaar, stating that they've detected Green Scar's energy signature and entreating him to return. Although a case of mistaken identity with Awesome Hulk seems incredibly unlikely, I guess we'll just wait & see. Oh, this is messed up: In the Benhazin star system, there's a planet Bast that's referred to as Birnin T'Challa...the throneworld of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda. WTF?!? The "Infinity Quest" business simply seems to describe how Gamora & the GotG have been methodically searching for one or more of the Stones. Loki wants it too, but Logan is the one who's got it.

Aaaaaand as the credits roll, we see that the Richards family is still alive & well within their own interdimensional limbo. It's suggested that Franklin has probably finished his task of rebuiding the multiverse piece-by-piece (as seen at the end of the Secret Wars). He & Valeria are now going about the business of exploring those myriad universes...with their father's blessing, of course.
"We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good,
something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

comixkid2099
Living Tribunal
comixkid2099
Living Tribunal

01 Oct 2017, 13:45 #4

Giraffe of Hearts @ Sep 30 2017, 11:46 PM wrote: Marvel Legacy #1, pretty sweet fold-out cover:

- Can't tell if the Iron Man armor contains a person or a hologram, but the retro look suggests the suit operated by the Tony Stark A.I.
- This Hulk version can't be positively identified, but chances are it's only Amadeus Cho
- Thor is looking classic again...if it's the Odinson, then he's really cleaned himself up
- Stephen Strange still looks like the Sorcerer Supreme, insofar as he still wields the Eye of Agamotto
- The Black Widow appears to be Natalia Romanova, and looks to be very much alive

Not quite sure what to make of the issue itself. As one might expect, in lieu of a single continuous story we're given a collection of brief spotlights jumping all over the MU. Very much like the initial launch of DC's Rebirth, come to think of it. Some scenes occur off-planet, or even in different time periods, so it's difficult to determine what is meant to be reality and what is only possibility. I've yet more random thoughts going through these pages, but I'll use a spoiler tag to play it safe.
[+] spoiler
We begin with some Stone Age action set in 1,000,000 BCE. If this is meant to be canon, then we're apparently looking at a retcon of the established history of Earth's various Celstial Hosts. Not to mention rewriting Asgardian history, because Mjolnir has already been forged in these farflung prehistoric times. What's most telling, is the specific selection of legacies that have apparently survived the ages: Thor, Phoenix, Sorcerer Supreme, Spirit of Vengeance, Black Panther, Iron Fist, & Star Brand. Who knew that Odin adventured on Midgard THAT long ago, or that he knew Agamotto? The Immortal Weapon timeline seems all wonky, too. There've only been something like 67 Iron Fists in K'un-L'un's history, most of whom were descendents of the H'ylthri plant-aliens who originally crashed there and founded the Heavenly City. Shou-Lao the Undying has been the power source of K'un-L'un and its champions...but my math tells me this has all been happening within the space of a couple of millennia. And how did a Star Brand even get into the picture? It originated in the New Universe, and didn't go multiversal until modern times.

Roberto Reyes as the Ghost Driver, not a big fan of the concept. Considering that the Johnny Blaze legacy version is about to be featured in the Spirits of Vengeance mini, it seems odd to use the All-New version here. Although I will say, it's refreshing to see a superhero who has a certain effeminate/transgender quality...I'm all about diversity in comics. Loki's also wearing some big shoes, mystically speaking. He may have already inherited the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme, but perhaps the Eye no longer serves as the badge of this office...?

Steve Rogers is traveling America trying to find himself. Captain America & Thor aren't going to be staying in their roles much longer, so Sam & Jane are thoroughly sucking face. Odinson is good & drunk, and meanwhile Mangog is on its way to Asgard. Anthony Stark's friends have finally located his comatose body, only to mysteriously lose it again. Deadpool has supposedly killed Phil Coulson, and has one of his few scenes that I can say I've truly enjoyed. Doctor Strange still resides in the Sanctum Sanctorum (which he willingly gave up during Secret Empire), so maybe he's just leasing? Edwin Jarvis & Nadia Van Dyne are now living in the Avengers Mansion, instead of in Janet Van Dyne's house...unless these two buildings have become one & the same.

Wolverine (James Howlett) is back from dead, and driving a stolen beer truck. Even stranger, young O5 Jean Grey finds out and thinks to herself how much he's been missed. Odd, considering that the teenager hardly knew the guy (did they ever even meet?)...her acquaintanceship has been with Old Man Logan.

A distress message is coming from Sakaar, stating that they've detected Green Scar's energy signature and entreating him to return. Although a case of mistaken identity with Awesome Hulk seems incredibly unlikely, I guess we'll just wait & see. Oh, this is messed up: In the Benhazin star system, there's a planet Bast that's referred to as Birnin T'Challa...the throneworld of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda. WTF?!? The "Infinity Quest" business simply seems to describe how Gamora & the GotG have been methodically searching for one or more of the Stones. Loki wants it too, but Logan is the one who's got it.

Aaaaaand as the credits roll, we see that the Richards family is still alive & well within their own interdimensional limbo. It's suggested that Franklin has probably finished his task of rebuiding the multiverse piece-by-piece (as seen at the end of the Secret Wars). He & Valeria are now going about the business of exploring those myriad universes...with their father's blessing, of course.
The Thor retcon thing isn't really new. Way back when JMS was doing his Thor run, Matt Fraction did a miniseries. Reign of Thunder, I think? Or Reign of Blood. Anyway, that was suggesting, if I remember correctly, that the Thor mythos kinda does a "soft reboot" every few thousand years. So the Asgardian pantheon has had multiple ragnaroks. Because we see Thor exiled and put into a mortal's body, but it isn't Donald Blake. So presumably, this idea that Thor was adventuring way back then works with the idea that he has come to Earth many times, and might just come to earth again in the future if the Asgardians have another Ragnarok.

Regarding Jean and Wolverine, yes, Teen Jean did meet Logan. For a little while, the Original 5 X-Men were attending the Jean Grey School that Logan was the head master at, before they cast their lot with adult Cyclops. As for her saying he's been missed, I haven't read it, but maybe she means that others have missed him, and she being telepathic, she can tell?

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

01 Oct 2017, 20:19 #5

comixkid2099 @ Oct 1 2017, 08:45 AM wrote:
Giraffe of Hearts @ Sep 30 2017, 11:46 PM wrote: Marvel Legacy #1, pretty sweet fold-out cover:

Not quite sure what to make of the issue itself.  As one might expect, in lieu of a single continuous story we're given a collection of brief spotlights jumping all over the MU.  Very much like the initial launch of DC's Rebirth, come to think of it.  Some scenes occur off-planet, or even in different time periods, so it's difficult to determine what is meant to be reality and what is only possibility.  I've yet more random thoughts going through these pages, but I'll use a spoiler tag to play it safe.
[+] spoiler
We begin with some Stone Age action set in 1,000,000 BCE.  If this is meant to be canon, then we're apparently looking at a retcon of the established history of Earth's various Celstial Hosts.  Not to mention rewriting Asgardian history, because Mjolnir has already been forged in these farflung prehistoric times.  What's most telling, is the specific selection of legacies that have apparently survived the ages: Thor, Phoenix, Sorcerer Supreme, Spirit of Vengeance, Black Panther, Iron Fist, & Star Brand.  Who knew that Odin adventured on Midgard THAT long ago, or that he knew Agamotto?  The Immortal Weapon timeline seems all wonky, too.  There've only been something like 67 Iron Fists in K'un-L'un's history, most of whom were descendents of the H'ylthri plant-aliens who originally crashed there and founded the Heavenly City.  Shou-Lao the Undying has been the power source of K'un-L'un and its champions...but my math tells me this has all been happening within the space of a couple of millennia.  And how did a Star Brand even get into the picture?  It originated in the New Universe, and didn't go multiversal until modern times.

Roberto Reyes as the Ghost Driver, not a big fan of the concept.  Considering that the Johnny Blaze legacy version is about to be featured in the Spirits of Vengeance mini, it seems odd to use the All-New version here.  Although I will say, it's refreshing to see a superhero who has a certain effeminate/transgender quality...I'm all about diversity in comics.  Loki's also wearing some big shoes, mystically speaking.  He may have already inherited the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme, but perhaps the Eye no longer serves as the badge of this office...?

Steve Rogers is traveling America trying to find himself.  Captain America & Thor aren't going to be staying in their roles much longer, so Sam & Jane are thoroughly sucking face.  Odinson is good & drunk, and meanwhile Mangog is on its way to Asgard.  Anthony Stark's friends have finally located his comatose body, only to mysteriously lose it again.  Deadpool has supposedly killed Phil Coulson, and has one of his few scenes that I can say I've truly enjoyed.  Doctor Strange still resides in the Sanctum Sanctorum (which he willingly gave up during Secret Empire), so maybe he's just leasing?  Edwin Jarvis & Nadia Van Dyne are now living in the Avengers Mansion, instead of in Janet Van Dyne's house...unless these two buildings have become one & the same.

Wolverine (James Howlett) is back from the dead, and driving a stolen beer truck.  Even stranger, young O5 Jean Grey finds out and thinks to herself how much he's been missed.  Odd, considering that the teenager hardly knew the guy (did they ever even meet?)...her acquaintanceship has been with Old Man Logan.

A distress message is coming from Sakaar, stating that they've detected Green Scar's energy signature and entreating him to return.  Although a case of mistaken identity with Awesome Hulk seems incredibly unlikely, I guess we'll just wait & see.  Oh, this is messed up: In the Benhazin star system, there's a planet Bast that's referred to as Birnin T'Challa...the throneworld of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda.  WTF?!?  The "Infinity Quest" business simply seems to describe how Gamora & the GotG have been methodically searching for one or more of the Stones.  Loki wants it too, but Logan is the one who's got it.

Aaaaaand as the credits roll, we see that the Richards family is still alive & well within their own interdimensional limbo.  It's suggested that Franklin has probably finished his task of rebuiding the multiverse piece-by-piece (as seen at the end of the Secret Wars).  He & Valeria are now going about the business of exploring those myriad universes...with their father's blessing, of course.
The Thor retcon thing isn't really new. Way back when JMS was doing his Thor run, Matt Fraction did a miniseries. Reign of Thunder, I think? Or Reign of Blood. Anyway, that was suggesting, if I remember correctly, that the Thor mythos kinda does a "soft reboot" every few thousand years. So the Asgardian pantheon has had multiple ragnaroks. Because we see Thor exiled and put into a mortal's body, but it isn't Donald Blake. So presumably, this idea that Thor was adventuring way back then works with the idea that he has come to Earth many times, and might just come to earth again in the future if the Asgardians have another Ragnarok.

Regarding Jean and Wolverine, yes, Teen Jean did meet Logan. For a little while, the Original 5 X-Men were attending the Jean Grey School that Logan was the head master at, before they cast their lot with adult Cyclops. As for her saying he's been missed, I haven't read it, but maybe she means that others have missed him, and she being telepathic, she can tell?
Hmmm, good observations. I'm familiar with how both linear & cyclical dynamics have been combined in real-world Norse mythology, but I'm not as familiar with how the concept has been handled in Marvel's version of the Realms. Thanks for that. In this instance, I meant to describe a Stone Age incarnation of the Thor legacy...it's not the Odinson himself:
[+] spoiler
This team of prehistoric superheroes is led by a much younger Odin. He's still got both of his eyes, and he may not even be a father yet. Although not directly referenced, it's reminiscent of those "early years" adventures from Silver-Age issues of Journey Into Mystery. Except that fellow Borsons Vili & Ve are nowhere to be found, and Odin's kicking it with infamous Midgardians instead.

The real disconnect with continuity as I see it, is that Odin is shown wielding Mjolnir. Although he can lift, wield, & hurl the hammer, it requires a great deal of effort. He cusses Mjolnir out for not returning to his hand, and swears that he'll tame the damned hammer if it's the last thing he does. The subtext seems to be that the weapon's intended wielder isn't in the picture yet...this is to be Odinson's destiny, not Borson's.

But MU history has it that Midgardian worship of the Asgardian gods, and the exploits of Odin & his brothers, all began around 10,000 BCE. That was when Vili & Ve sacrificed themselves to allow Odin to escape from Surtur, their godly lifeforces joining with his in what would become known as the Odinforce. In his new role as the All-Father, he went on to defeat the God Tempest storm and seal it away into an unfinished piece of Uru. Only later would this chunk of metal be fashioned into the mighty Mjolnir.

So I'm just having issues with the timelines here, because I overthink things. Mystical hammer shenanigans should only go back about 12 millennia...mystical K'un-L'un happenings should only go back maybe 2-3 millennia. Black Panther lore ties into mankind's earliest fear of the saber-toothed cat god, so that one totally makes sense in this context. There's also no problem portraying Agamotto, Zarathos, & the Phoenix at such an ancient date, that I'm aware of.

comixkid2099
Living Tribunal
comixkid2099
Living Tribunal

01 Oct 2017, 20:22 #6

Do you think you'd have less problems if it was one of Odin's ancestors? Didn't Thor wrestle his grandfather in Simonson's Thor run? Could he have worked?

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

01 Oct 2017, 20:59 #7

comixkid2099 @ Oct 1 2017, 03:22 PM wrote: Do you think you'd have less problems if it was one of Odin's ancestors? Didn't Thor wrestle his grandfather in Simonson's Thor run? Could he have worked?
Well sure, but with a lookalike weapon...?

comixkid2099
Living Tribunal
comixkid2099
Living Tribunal

01 Oct 2017, 21:07 #8

Giraffe of Hearts @ Oct 1 2017, 02:59 PM wrote:
comixkid2099 @ Oct 1 2017, 03:22 PM wrote: Do you think you'd have less problems if it was one of Odin's ancestors? Didn't Thor wrestle his grandfather in Simonson's Thor run? Could he have worked?
Well sure, but with a lookalike weapon...?
I wouldn't have a problem with it. They're from the same culture, they probably use the same weapons or kinds of weapons. It might or might not have to be the exact same weapon. I am not nearly as much of a stickler for Thor continuity as it sounds like you are (not meant to be an insult, but it seems you are more into that than I am). so it wouldn't bother me if Thor's grandfather or great grandfather had a hammer as a weapon.

second herald
Inhuman

01 Oct 2017, 23:05 #9

Giraffe did you forget the recent Scarlet Witch series?

Is Wanda a mutant or a witch?
That's up for debate these days.

Doc Omega
Living Tribunal
Doc Omega
Living Tribunal

01 Oct 2017, 23:23 #10

Thor actually killed Bor

comixkid2099
Living Tribunal
comixkid2099
Living Tribunal

02 Oct 2017, 00:17 #11

second herald @ Oct 1 2017, 05:05 PM wrote: Giraffe did you forget the recent Scarlet Witch series?

I haven't read anything with her since Remender's Uncanny Avengers, but she's always been both, right? A mutant with sorcery training from Agatha Harkness. I don't see how one would conflict with her being the other, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't do something dumb to minimize the mutant presence in the MU.

comixkid2099
Living Tribunal
comixkid2099
Living Tribunal

02 Oct 2017, 00:18 #12

Doc Omega @ Oct 1 2017, 05:23 PM wrote: Thor actually killed Bor
Bor is Odin's father, right? I was thinking of Buri, Bor's father, who Thor met in Simonson's run.

Doc Omega
Living Tribunal
Doc Omega
Living Tribunal

02 Oct 2017, 00:21 #13

comixkid2099 @ Oct 1 2017, 08:18 PM wrote:
Bor is Odin's father, right? I was thinking of Buri, Bor's father, who Thor met in Simonson's run.
Yeah, Bor is Odin's father. Loki brought him into the future so Thor would attack him and have to give up the OF

comixkid2099
Living Tribunal
comixkid2099
Living Tribunal

02 Oct 2017, 00:33 #14

Doc Omega @ Oct 1 2017, 06:21 PM wrote:
comixkid2099 @ Oct 1 2017, 08:18 PM wrote:
Yeah, Bor is Odin's father. Loki brought him into the future so Thor would attack him and have to give up the OF
I think I read that. Was that in JMS' run?

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

02 Oct 2017, 03:55 #15

comixkid2099 @ Oct 1 2017, 07:17 PM wrote:
second herald @ Oct 1 2017, 05:05 PM wrote: Giraffe did you forget the recent Scarlet Witch series?

I haven't read anything with her since Remender's Uncanny Avengers, but she's always been both, right? A mutant with sorcery training from Agatha Harkness. I don't see how one would conflict with her being the other, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't do something dumb to minimize the mutant presence in the MU.
Oh yeah, herald's right...I forgot the surprise revelations concerning Wanda's family tree. Hers is a hardcore mystical bloodline, much like Victor Von Doom's. So maybe she's being shown to compensate for Strange's demotion (to Loki, I mean)?

I forget the specifics, but I think I remember reading that the Scarlet Witch will be featured in one of the upcoming Avengers story arcs. Whichever title it is with "Stars & Garters" mentioned in the previews. They might be overhauling the book to go with a whole new retro concept, apparently revolving around some of the Bronze-Age line-up. Besides the Beast (obviously), the spotlight is also on Wonder Man, and (I believe) Wanda & Pietro. Even though it's not a book on my personal pull list, I gotta say: the ever-lovin' Beast has always been my all-time favorite version of Hank McCoy! :beast:

comixkid2099
Living Tribunal
comixkid2099
Living Tribunal

02 Oct 2017, 21:14 #16

Is Wonder Man still a pacifist? I think that's an interesting take on him, and it differentiates him from some of the other Avengers, but it definitely makes it difficult to tell superhero stories about him.

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 00:23 #17

Good question, idk. There were a few different incarnations of Simon scattered around the domains of the Battleworld. which weren't in continuity and so therefore aren't very relevant. Most recently, he was part of Hawkeye's underground resistance working against HYDRA's Secret Empire...a smaller supporting role, but I seem to remember him fighting the good fight.

Doing a quick inventory in my head, I can think of two major changes in current continuity that would directly impact Wonder Man's life. He's now an uncle to Viv Vision (still a member of the Champions?). And his brother Eric is dead (yet again), killed in self-defense while attacking the Visions in their own home. Come to think of it, he may be called upon to help the Vision work through a lot of recent upheaval in his synthezoid life. In the last two years, Vision has become both parent and widower...he's also had to mourn the deaths of son Vin & "brother" Victor...he was mind-controlled by Kang to betray the Avengers...he was mind-controlled by Steve Rogers to fight for HYDRA (and knock boots with a mind-controlled Scarlet Witch)...and he learned of his own immortality, how he will apparently live as long as the universe itself.

Simon might need to lend his robo-bro a shoulder to cry on...or at least help him talk it all out.

comixkid2099
Living Tribunal
comixkid2099
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 03:24 #18

When he and Wanda did the nasty, was this a separate incident than when they did it in Remender's Uncanny Avengers? I seem to recall they did it there, around the time when the Apocalypse Twins' plans were at their peak.

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 23:42 #19

This was just a few months ago, when HYDRA had its own lineup of Avengers to use as superpowered enforcers. Most of the team served the regime voluntarily for various personal reasons: Superior Octopus, Taskmaster, Black Ant, Deadpool, & Thor Odinson. But Wanda & the Vision were acting against their wills; she was possessed by a powerful demon, and he was corrupted by an insidious A.I. virus. They both remained extremely functional and manifested darker, uninhibited personalities...which suggests to me that their true selves weren't submerged very far, and they were probably forced to witness their own actions from the passenger seat (so to speak). And if they were forced to helplessly endure the whole sordid experience, then both of them are going to need some serious therapy.

comixkid2099
Living Tribunal
comixkid2099
Living Tribunal

05 Oct 2017, 15:51 #20

Oh, my mistake, I thought you meant that Simon and Wanda did the dirty.

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

08 Oct 2017, 03:07 #21

I've got a separate thread created for the subject of Marvel Value Stamps...since Series C is now being released within Marvel Legacy issues. I've also got a mini rant over there about Marvel's variant lenticular covers, which was a fun little Legacy idea gone terribly wrong...