John Stewart vs Spider-man (Captain Universe)

You feel you can logically defend the idea of Eyescream defeating Superman then this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer, Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer

John Stewart vs Spider-man (Captain Universe)

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 01:58 #1

Green Lantern (John Stewart) vs Spider-man (Captain Universe)

Redsledge
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 02:08 #2

Hard to call, Uni Spidey didnt do a whole lot. John has decades of feats. Its hard to really compare the two. My gut tells me John takes a majority, but it wouldn't be the first time Pete has ran away with a wildcard win lol!
One of the worlds greatest pleasures is secret knowledge. Things you learn that your peers don't know, or imagine you know. Its the lifetime batting average of every member of the Yankees, stats of Desert Storm, or the names and home-worlds of legions of Superheroes. Commit this knowledge to memory, and you can speak the private language of those who have approached this with equal dedication.

The will of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death - Musashi

PS4: Redsledge
Xbox1: RedsledgeBLU

03 Oct 2017, 02:09 #3

I feel like this thread is designed specifically to fuck with me.
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/330/d/b/iron_spider_suiting_up_animation_by_z_studios-d5mb1l8.gif[/img]

[img]http://s26.postimg.org/4nmacq3kp/Professor_Zoom_runs.gif[/img]

Redsledge
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 02:12 #4

Hahaha
One of the worlds greatest pleasures is secret knowledge. Things you learn that your peers don't know, or imagine you know. Its the lifetime batting average of every member of the Yankees, stats of Desert Storm, or the names and home-worlds of legions of Superheroes. Commit this knowledge to memory, and you can speak the private language of those who have approached this with equal dedication.

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 02:12 #5

I'm not sure it if would be a wildcard. It's still Spider-man. Senses, speed and combat agility are still there but amped up to cosmic levels with some extras.

He's already beaten a Herald without it. :rolleyes:

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 02:14 #6

Iron_Spider @ Oct 2 2017, 10:09 PM wrote: I feel like this thread is designed specifically to fuck with me.
No. Just trying to get a better placement on both of them.

I'm not too familiar with this Spider-man. I also think Johnny is ranked too low on the list. He's at 11 and I'm thinking he could be a 12.

I did purposely make this match while you are online though. Not to fuck with you but because you might provide the best answer for this match and their placement.

03 Oct 2017, 02:51 #7

Cosmic Spidey is really hard to place. In actual 616 continuity, this thing didn’t last very long and he is considered one of the “weaker” versions of Captain Universe. Then again, if you include all the alternate universe and what if stories, he has a few solid feats. Still not sure he’s placed right currently. I love Spidey and I don’t think I could justify taking him at a 12 over some of the other heralds in that class.

I could see an argument for John getting a bump. He’s got some solid feats. But I’d also be hesitant to place him above Supergirl or Guy Gardner so maybe he should stay an 11. It hard to say, I tend to give Lanterns a bit more credit than most, that’s been my favorite corner of the DCU for as long as I’ve read comics.

If forced to pick a winner here I’d have to go with John, he’s just more proven and should be able to match anything Pete’s done with the Uni power...
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/330/d/b/iron_spider_suiting_up_animation_by_z_studios-d5mb1l8.gif[/img]

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 03:19 #8

Captain Universe turns anyone who has it into a Silver Surfer equivalent. Arguably even stronger in raw blasting power; which is pretty insane. Spidey was inexperienced with the Enigma Force, but his feats back this:

1. He no-sold hits from Grey Hulk and then put him into deep orbit with a single punch (then flew into space to rescue him).

2. He broke through Graviton's FF and dropped Graviton with a single energy blast. Dude. Graviton no-sold hits from everyone on the Avengers and Thunderbolts at the same freaking time (including guys like Thor and Atlas).

3. There doesn't need to be a #3.

Uni-Spidey FTW.

By a solid margin too, IMHO.
When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 03:23 #9

When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

03 Oct 2017, 03:25 #10

Them links were a pain in the arse to get working lol.

03 Oct 2017, 03:29 #11

But John beat Clayface so...

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 03:36 #12

Iron_Spider @ Oct 2 2017, 11:29 PM wrote: But John beat Clayface so...
[ban]

Now we have to bump him to a 14.

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

04 Oct 2017, 02:16 #13

Remember when Juggernaut was defeated by imprisoning him in a concrete building foundation? That was actually Clayface.

I own all of those Marvel/DC Amalgam comics...but my favorite by far was Claynaut Vs. Juggface :blink:
"We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good,
something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III

:thanosinfinity:

[WW] Gender Equality: Help empower women/girls

Giraffe of Hearts
Cosmic Being

04 Oct 2017, 02:46 #14

Not very familiar with Uni Spidey, but I can tell you what his most formidable ability would be. If all of his powers were amplified to such cosmic proportions, the thing to watch out for would undoubtedly be Uni-powered spider sense. Assuming that he can get a handle on using the full scope of his abilities, we're talking about a power that would make traditional cosmic awareness seem like a ham radio. Seriously, just imagine someone who passively & instinctively manipulates reality so as to prevent the existence of whatever might've threatened them in the first place! The only downside would be the rising tide of paradoxes this would eventually create, which might force the Abstracts to intervene before time & space are damaged beyond repair... :worry:
"We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good,
something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III

:thanosinfinity:

[WW] Gender Equality: Help empower women/girls

Redsledge
Kree

04 Oct 2017, 05:06 #15

Ive made up my mind. John Stewart gets my vote.

Doc Omega
Living Tribunal
Doc Omega
Living Tribunal

05 Oct 2017, 01:00 #16

If Spidey was more experienced with his powers, I'd vote for him pwning Stewart

As it is I'll give him the slight majority....6/10