Evil's Keepers vs. Cosmic Chaos

You feel you can logically defend the idea of Eyescream defeating Superman then this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer, Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer

Evil's Keepers vs. Cosmic Chaos

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

02 Oct 2017, 22:58 #1

2017 Mega Class Draft Battle!

Evil's Keepers
Sinestro - Team Leader/Offensive Telepath
Professor Zoom
Black Adam
Doctor Doom - Offensive Telepath #2
Magneto

VS

Cosmic Chaos
Kyler Rayner - Team Leader
Saint Walker
Scarlet Witch - Offensive Telepath
Silver Surfer
Sentry - Offensive Telepath #2

Bios Thread Link
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comi ... opic=16208

The Arena: Gotham City - Late Afternoon
* The weather is overcast, late afternoon. There is sufficient sunlight to recharge solar powers in the open areas (sky, roof-tops, open street); however, the areas around buildings and in alleys are heavily shaded and gloomy enough to safely house characters that are vulnerable to sunlight (great for vampires and stealth).
* All typical modern Urban elements are present. There is power active and utilities active in all buildings. There is a subway system in place, sewers, and small parks. There are no human bystanders, but there is typical urban animal life and animal life specific to DCU Gotham City.
* The portion of usable Gotham includes the city scape noted above, bordering the ocean harbor. There are a limited supply of boats and typical harbor items.
* The borders of the map are: 3 Square Miles of impenetrable Force Field bubble, covering 1 mile of harbor/water and 2 miles of city bordering the harbor. The force shield is a giant Box Shape that extends up to 3,000 square feet high (several hundred feet higher than the tallest skyscraper). The force barrier allows for teleportation of items into the barriers (i.e. yes, you can summon minions), but it blocks any and all attempts to leave the battlefield. Teleportation via dimension hopping is allowed, but it must be immediate effect - no camping. The force bubble likewise extends 3,000 feet below sea level, allowing for tunneling and use of subway features or deep water features.
* Teams start on opposite sides of the city, approximately half a mile from the harbor.
• No leaving the Battle Arena. Characters move around the limits of the map and up to a maximum of 3,000 feet in the air. This is higher than the tallest building in recorded history just for reference.

The following Rules apply to this Draft:

* Scoring Cards to be debuted (see below). By playing, you are agreeing to Vote in every match and to give the Score Cards a try. You'll be able to copy and paste them from below, just fill in 5 single digit numbers. Super easy, and super required. No lazy bums! [spanky]
* No characters that are impossible to damage. They must be K.O.-able in some way.
* No powers that are impossible to defend against. This includes anything that would insta-kill or insta-K.O. a Class 12 or Class 13 foe.
• Only 2 Offensive Mind-Attackers per team. This includes Telepathic blasting/control/mental illusions, magical compulsion, chemical or Tech effects that simulate said effects.
* No Time Manipulation.
• No Prep Time. Characters are limited to their own knowledge of opponent characters and basic knowledge of team-mate powers.
• Morality is on. All characters act and fight "in character." All characters are motivated to win. Team members may not get along, but they will not attack each other unless absolutely necessary to defend their own moral compass, and they will attempt to work towards the mutual goal of victory (independently if necessary and within the accord of their own moral compasses). They may or may not allow actions to occur that are opposed to their morality (i.e. Captain America isn't going to stand by while Deadpool sprays bullets at good guys, etc.).
• Win by only K.O., Death, or Surrender. No BFRing.
• Standard Gear. No sharing of gear between team members. No giving other members "bits" of your body to use as weapons, or other such effects that are contrary to the primary rule.
• Anyone can post questions or comments during the match, but the characters in the matches act OF THEIR OWN VOLITION, or under the guidance of team leaders if applicable. Tactics posts may be used, but under the understanding that they are presented as "probable actions" based on your team build. You will need to defend the likeliness of said tactics.

Good luck!

Voting Rules!

• Voting may commence immediately, standard vs. forum rules apply. All votes must be accompanied by the following copied and pasted score card:

Voting Score Card

Leadership (1-5) :
Teamwork (1-5) :
Power Levels (1-5) :
Match Trumps (1-5) :
X-Factors (1-5) :

Total Score :

:thankyousai:

Explanation of Score Card:

All you do is assign a number to each category. No justification needed; not commentary required. It'll take less than a minute. These are all basic things we consider in every match already, we'd just be sharing the simplest parts with the players to help them build better; and if you're of the "flip a coin" mindset, you get something better to vote off of.

Note: You do not have to "vote the cards." Your vote is your vote; you alone pick your winner. But this at least gives a very basic, very minimal "something" to the players to help them know if they should change things up with their next team build. It's simple but potentially really helpful.

Here's a breakdown of the categories:
-------------------------------------------

Leadership - is any play calling that is like to occur on your team from any source.
Teamwork - is how well your picks work together and play off of each other (synergy).
Power Levels - is how powerful you think each team is.
Match Trumps - is which team wins the most 1x1 matches. (I.E. Which team has best Rock, Paper, Scissor match-ups against the other team).
X-Factors - is how much/many game changing "it" factors the team has. (I.E. Game Changing powers, Buffs/Debuffs, etc).

Good luck and happy debating! [happy]
When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

02 Oct 2017, 23:36 #2

:drool2:I just love the art from this crossover. This should be a great match.

[gun1]
[2guns]
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/330/d/b/iron_spider_suiting_up_animation_by_z_studios-d5mb1l8.gif[/img]

[img]http://s26.postimg.org/4nmacq3kp/Professor_Zoom_runs.gif[/img]

03 Oct 2017, 00:40 #3

A couple points to get the debate rolling.

Kyle vs Sinestro is inevitable. Both are team leaders, Lanterns, and they have a history together. Kyle even fucks Sinestros daughter on occasion. There’s bad blood between these two. There’s also quite a few fights that show Kyle coming out on top.

Sinestro has some wins in this rivalry as well but, add in the teamwork with Saint Walker and Sinestro is in a bad way.
Blue rings can charge green ones.

And drain yellow ones.

Draining Sinestro could turn this into a 5 vs 4 match very quickly.

A few other points and matchups I see as likely...

Black Adam vs Sentry
Both are pretty much Superman types. I feel Sentry’s healing and molecular manipulation could give him the edge here.

Reverse Flash vs Silver Surfer
Their speed is very close. Thawne has some tricks up his sleeve but he can’t match the raw power of the Surfer.

Doom vs Scarlet Witch
Doom is the more expierienced mage but I believe Wanda has more raw power. I’m not sure where I stand on this one but I feel like their history combined with both being magic is gonna pull these two to match up.

Magneto vs Saint Walker
Both are generally seen as highly defensive characters. With the presence of Kyle on the field, all the blue rings higher functions are active. I believe this can give him an edge against Magneto, especially since Scarlet Witch is on the field which is likely to distract Erik at the very least. The two have a very confusing but still somewhat relevant family history. Mags isn’t likely to let Doom kill his daughter(?). This will leave Walker the opening to put him down.

That’s my initial take on all this anyway...
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/330/d/b/iron_spider_suiting_up_animation_by_z_studios-d5mb1l8.gif[/img]

An Ri Leon
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 02:25 #4

So, Scarlet Witch is sexy.

Saint Walker and a GL are a great combo... But sorry Iron I am leaning heavily on Evil's Keepers.
The poster formerly known as Bwana Simba

03 Oct 2017, 02:28 #5

An Ri Leon @ Oct 2 2017, 08:25 PM wrote: Saint Walker and a GL are a great combo... But sorry Iron I am leaning heavily on Evil's Keepers.
Any reason or just a gut feeling sort of thing?

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

03 Oct 2017, 02:28 #6

I'll admit, in the beginning and before this match was created I was leaning heavily towards Evil's Keepers.

Then that Blue draining Yellow thing was brought to my attention and that could be the biggest x-factor in this match. If they could make Sinestro useless within the opening moments then things would start to go downhill pretty fast from there.

An Ri Leon
Kree

03 Oct 2017, 02:47 #7

Iron_Spider @ Oct 2 2017, 08:28 PM wrote:
An Ri Leon @ Oct 2 2017, 08:25 PM wrote: Saint Walker and a GL are a great combo... But sorry Iron I am leaning heavily on Evil's Keepers.
Partial gut. Partial Adam, Sinestro and Zoom are a dangerous combo Partial I love the blue rings but even with a GL present they are an incredibly plot oriented bunch. Partial Sinestro knows about the draining so he isn't likely to let himself get caught in such a scenario.

I can be swayed but it's hard to vote against the Keepers.
The poster formerly known as Bwana Simba

03 Oct 2017, 02:58 #8

An Ri Leon @ Oct 2 2017, 08:47 PM wrote:
Iron_Spider @ Oct 2 2017, 08:28 PM wrote:
Partial gut. Partial Adam, Sinestro and Zoom are a dangerous combo Partial I love the blue rings but even with a GL present they are an incredibly plot oriented bunch. Partial Sinestro knows about the draining so he isn't likely to let himself get caught in such a scenario.

I can be swayed but it's hard to vote against the Keepers.
I too love the team Sal has put together. It’s not far off from a villain team I might have built myself.

Not sure if Sinestro could avoid being drained even with the knowledge that it’s coming. Most of the blues charging and draining effects are proximity oriented. Walker should be able to drain him just by getting close enough. The blue has other functions that help me here as well. He can heal pretty much any injury, and inspire the team through hope. This does wonders for a guy like Sentry who’s main “weakness” is his mental instability and self doubt. A Sentry without that weakness is a very dangerous man indeed.

03 Oct 2017, 14:12 #9

Ooooooooo, nice match! I feel like everybody has a pretty good feel for the characters on my team and what they can do. That being said, if anyone has any questions and/or would like to see some scans, just say the words!

Cheers to great match, Iron! :cheers:

P.S. - GO CHIEFS!!!

05 Oct 2017, 00:45 #10

Not much debate here... Anyone want to see anything? Otherwise I’m just gonna start posting random shit and making outrageous claims.

Doc Omega
Living Tribunal
Doc Omega
Living Tribunal

05 Oct 2017, 00:47 #11

Honestly, I'm terrible at mega super powered team against another mega super powered team.

I just like drafting a team. I'll probably be flipping coins....no offense, your guys knowledge on this level is way superior to mine

Redsledge
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 00:50 #12

Iron_Spider @ Oct 5 2017, 12:45 AM wrote: Not much debate here... Anyone want to see anything? Otherwise I’m just gonna start posting random shit and making outrageous claims.
*rings the "outrageous claim" bell*

Go go go go go go go go go go go go go
One of the worlds greatest pleasures is secret knowledge. Things you learn that your peers don't know, or imagine you know. Its the lifetime batting average of every member of the Yankees, stats of Desert Storm, or the names and home-worlds of legions of Superheroes. Commit this knowledge to memory, and you can speak the private language of those who have approached this with equal dedication.

The will of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death - Musashi

PS4: Redsledge
Xbox1: RedsledgeBLU

Thinkerer
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 18:41 #13

I only realised just now what a badass villainous team Sal has.

Thinkerer
Kree

05 Oct 2017, 18:44 #14

Based on coolness and badassery moralless smacking, I wouldve chosen Sals team, but Iron Spiders synergy has convinced me to rethink this and likely vote for him.

05 Oct 2017, 20:21 #15

Outrageous claims? No problem. Reverse-Flash runs around and stops every hero's heart before the clock hits the 1 second mark! :mwahaha:

No for real though, Thawne is capable of doing pretty much everything the other Flashes are, just without all the moral hang-ups, upping the likelihood of abusing some of the more absurd Speed Force abilities.

06 Oct 2017, 03:00 #16

Also, regarding Saint Walker draining Sinestro, doesn't he always have access to the yellow power battery for a recharge via pocket dimension?

Doc Omega
Living Tribunal
Doc Omega
Living Tribunal

06 Oct 2017, 10:24 #17

Evil's Keepers
Professor Zoom
Black Adam
Magneto

Voting Score Card

Leadership 5 :
Teamwork 2 :
Power Levels 5 :
Match Trumps 4 :
X-Factors 4 :

Total Score : 20

Cosmic Chaos
Saint Walker
Silver Surfer

Voting Score Card

Leadership 4 :
Teamwork 4 :
Power Levels 5 :
Match Trumps 4 :
X-Factors 3 :

This one was tougher for me

Official Vote - Cosmic Chaos

06 Oct 2017, 13:13 #18

Killin' me, Doc.

Thinkerer
Kree

06 Oct 2017, 14:25 #19

Voting Cosmic Chaos.

07 Oct 2017, 19:28 #20

Killin' me, Think.

Thinkerer
Kree

07 Oct 2017, 20:30 #21

Dont worry, think you ll get plenty of votes. ;)

07 Oct 2017, 22:05 #22

Yeah, I'm kidding, bro. I got no ill will towards a vote for Iron. Old boy put together a team with teeth.

Redsledge
Kree

08 Oct 2017, 01:27 #23

Evil's Keepers

Voting Score Card
Leadership (1-5) : 4
Teamwork (1-5) : 2
Power Levels (1-5) : 4
Match Trumps (1-5) : 1
X-Factors (1-5) : 4

Total Score : 15

Cosmic Chaos
Voting Score Card

Leadership (1-5) :3
Teamwork (1-5) : 4
Power Levels (1-5) : 5
Match Trumps (1-5) : 2
X-Factors (1-5) : 4

Total Score : 18

Hardest match to vote on for me. Saddly Kyle has handled Sinestro more times than not, and with the aid of a BL Sinestros early defeat is inevitable. Just a bad match up really. The score sheet doesnt give justice to the tale of this battle. Theres a possibility that Sinestro will recognize the threat, and send Teth to put Saint down. Saddly, Saint has all his higher tier options available as well as Sentry to intercept. Sinestro will fall well before Walker can be dealt with imo.

I hate that you two had to meet in round 1
[raincloud]

Vote goes to Cosmic Chaos
One of the worlds greatest pleasures is secret knowledge. Things you learn that your peers don't know, or imagine you know. Its the lifetime batting average of every member of the Yankees, stats of Desert Storm, or the names and home-worlds of legions of Superheroes. Commit this knowledge to memory, and you can speak the private language of those who have approached this with equal dedication.

The will of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death - Musashi

PS4: Redsledge
Xbox1: RedsledgeBLU

08 Oct 2017, 02:40 #24

Evil's Keepers
Professor Zoom
Black Adam
Magneto

Leadership (1-5) : 4
Teamwork (1-5) : 3
Power Levels (1-5) : 4
Match Trumps (1-5) : 2
X-Factors (1-5) : 3

Total Score : 16

Cosmic Chaos
Saint Walker
Silver Surfer

Leadership (1-5) : 2
Teamwork (1-5) : 4
Power Levels (1-5) : 5
Match Trumps (1-5) : 4
X-Factors (1-5) : 5

Both of these are good teams, but Kyle seems to have Sinestro's number, and Saint Walker is a wildcard here.

My vote: Cosmic Chaos
Check out the Outstanding Fan Fic section. We re-envision some of your favorite Marvel characters, and maybe some that you have never heard about:Outstanding Fan Fiction

Now introducing Ask Hulkster Anyting! The place where you can ask all of your burning questions and I guarantee an answer.

08 Oct 2017, 04:43 #25

Filler post