Comments Thread.

Only good and fantasy stuff.

Moderators: MsMarvelDuckie, MsMarvelDuckie

Comments Thread.

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

07 Dec 2011, 21:38 #1

I'm taking a page from Feral's book (no pun indended, m'dear) from some of those other sites we've been on, and creating a thread just for comments, be they good, bad, or just ugly. (See? I'm dating myself...)

So, without further ado.... Comment away!!
"Well, this is another fine myth you've gotten us into..."
-from "Myth Directions"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

21 Dec 2011, 08:59 #2

Enjoyed your latest Darksong. So the king has a truth stone. Makes sense given the shifting loyalties of the Drow. Poor Lothir, left in the corner like a little boy while the adults plot.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

21 Dec 2011, 09:32 #3

Boy, I have to agree with Ser Raven on how frustrated Lothir must be right now! Nicely done entry, Ducks!

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

21 Dec 2011, 23:37 #4

Lol, thanks! It seems to be a recurring problem for him- just not aggressive enough, maybe. Or too worried about slipping up and revealing his real feelings to ever step up.... Tension can make a person somewhat hesitant, eh?
-from "Myth Directions"

30 Dec 2011, 10:52 #5

Very enjoyable new installment of Darksong, Ducks! The info about the various gods was quite interesting! Seems our young Drow neatly avoided a bullet there.

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

30 Dec 2011, 21:54 #6

Hee-hee! Yeah, he seem to be getting rather good at "diplomacy"..... ;) Then again, that comes with the territory for bards. :guitar: Question IS, how far will he have to go?
-from "Myth Directions"

Gorvar
Homo Superior
Gorvar
Homo Superior

30 Dec 2011, 22:43 #7

I know a halfling who can lend a hand with his quick tongue ;D

Excellent chapter there, we seem to forget two major gods are playing chess with Lothir's soul here.

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

30 Dec 2011, 23:56 #8

Ah, It seems someone remembers the sava game from Lady Penitant!!
-from "Myth Directions"

13 Jan 2012, 09:39 #9

A hearty 'well done' on that last issue, Ducks! I wish I could guess on the books, but I`ve never played D & D. =(

13 Jan 2012, 11:15 #10

I have been hungering for a new Darksong. More please. As to your question and because I could never disappoint a lady or a challenge unanswered my research has come up with the following:

Manual of Puissant Skill at Arms and the Tome of Bodily Health are/were actual D&D books that could be found in a dungeon or library in a game with advantages to fighters and anyone respectively.

While Arador the Tormentor is a character in D&D (if its the same guy) I couldn't find his journal as an actual printed book.

I couldn't find any thing on the dwarven tome Axe and Shield- Treatise on Tactics of War.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Gorvar
Homo Superior
Gorvar
Homo Superior

13 Jan 2012, 15:35 #11

I wish i could get into D&D....

Anyway god chapter there dudette, though i'm afraid the inside joke was to deep for me.

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

13 Jan 2012, 22:10 #12

Ding ding! Ravens, you win.... a COOKIE!! Actually, only the first two you mentioned were actual books in the game. The Journal of Arador was a title I came up with myself, as was the "author". I'm not familiar with any actual character by that name, but I'm mostly a Forgotten Realms gal, so he could have been from Greyhawk ,or Eberron, or Spelljammer, or Dark Sun, or Ravenloft, or...... It just sounded like something a drow library would have. And the dwarven book was my own invention as well. I've come up with quite a few literary and musical works for this world, as well as inns, taverns, ship names, and lots of other stuff for added depth. In fact, we'll be seeing some of those songs later on. But very good research, compadre! I'm guessing you have the four volume set of Encyclopedia Magica? Or perhaps the Tome of Magic? Both of those books were listed in several sources on maigc items and such.

Gorvar- if you're interested, there are two good sites with on-line posting RP- both Candlekeep and Chosen of Eilistraee have RP forums. Both have free-play and structured campaigns (Candlekeep is mostly quiet right now, but I'm sure we can get it jumping again....), and Candlekeep has an "inn" for PC's to meet, chat, and swap tales of past adventures while they wine and dine. Chosen has a couple of "inn" threads, too.
( www.forum.candlekeep.com and www.eilistraee.com )
-from "Myth Directions"

Gorvar
Homo Superior
Gorvar
Homo Superior

13 Jan 2012, 22:43 #13

I'll look into it tommorow thanks!

18 Jan 2012, 09:26 #14

Very enjoyable issue there, Ducks! I really like the relationship between those two gentlemen.

Gorvar
Homo Superior
Gorvar
Homo Superior

18 Jan 2012, 14:12 #15

Loved it as always. Bit short sadly, but that's all really.

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

19 Jan 2012, 23:07 #16

Short? Odd, it was longer than the previous part.... Don't worry, I'll have more up soon. And yes, it looks like he may have found a mentor of sorts. Ah, but the best part is coming up soon!! We'll see what transpires with his little private "war".....
-from "Myth Directions"

27 Jan 2012, 10:10 #17

Well I'm glad to see your hero is showing such common sense and practicality. So many heroes in stories are too stubborn to do the most obvious and logical thing to avoid disaster. Glad to see yours is more realistic. Well done.

27 Jan 2012, 10:44 #18

Ser Raven said it all! Well done, Ducks!

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

27 Jan 2012, 21:59 #19

Thanks! It just seemed like such an obvious thing to do, really. If you think someone might come snooping around looking for something "illegal", you stash it! (Been through enough inspections where I had to move or get rid of stuff to pass, so I know whereof I speak here. And no, not for anything illegal, just stuff that might be considered "violations" which can apparently include even stupid things like burning candles......)
-from "Myth Directions"

08 Feb 2012, 10:29 #20

Another good episode of Darksong. Its a wonder the Drow are a threat to anyone with all their petty hatreds and backstabbing and spying. Then again it probably explains why so many go off to attack others. Safer than being at home!

08 Feb 2012, 12:58 #21

Well done issue of Darksong, Ducks! Ser Raven said it best!

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

08 Feb 2012, 23:41 #22

Um, Ravens, doesn't that technically make them a threat to EVERYONE?! just an observation. But I get ya! Yeah, I enjoyed this little bit- thought I'd toss in something a little "off-beat" here. And show just how deviant some folks can be, especially in a city with no rules. ("Don't get caught" doesn't actually count as a ruel, IMO....) Well, unless you consider doing something not approved of by a vindictive spider-demon goddess as against the "rules". that is.... :twisted:
-from "Myth Directions"

10 Feb 2012, 00:38 #23

Absolutely. If they weren't so consumed with one upping each other they probably could have swept over the world like the Mongols (not sure which D&D world you've set this in or if its your own).They have all the advantages of the other elves plus no morals, much higher birth rate, no morals, militarily advanced, no morals, magically enhanced, no morals, and um did I mentioon no morals? All they really lack is unity and a united cause that will keep them together for more than a few seconds before plotting their leaders downfall and their own personal aggrandisment. You've captured all of that quite well.

MsMarvelDuckie
Inhuman

10 Feb 2012, 23:58 #24

I take that as high raise indeed, Ravens! And in case I have not already stated it- could have sworn I did- yes, this is my own world. It is (loosely) based on ideas from several of the "canon"/"official" D&D settings- notably Forgotten Realms (the BEST D&D world EVER!!! For those who haven't yet, check out some of the FR tales by Ed Greenwood{the creator}, Elaine Cunningham{expert on all things elfy}, and R.A. Salvatore{drow mogul}) as well as Greyhawk, Eberron(D&D/steam-punk/Indiana Jones vibes!!), Spelljammer, and even the Council of Wyrms settings. I threw in a bit of Ravenloft and Dark Sun bits too, just for the fun of it. But the world itself and the geography, history, and people are all my own.
-from "Myth Directions"

11 Feb 2012, 01:07 #25

I did think it was your own world but yes I have detected a lot of Forgotten Realms. I agree that yes that was the best of the created realms (and this from a man who started with the very first D&D series way before AD&D was even a twinkle of the eye). Salvatore was definitely the best in articulating the Drow culture well that is next to your good self. Keep up the great work.