April 2016 Fan-fic Writing Competition

A great opportunity for writers to showcase their talent.

Moderators: Feral Female, Miles_Warren, Feral Female, Miles_Warren

April 2016 Fan-fic Writing Competition

06 Apr 2016, 23:03 #1

See the link below for the rules:

Rules

Modifications to the rules:

1. If Miles Warren or Feral Female decide to take management of this competition, they have full authority to do so.

2. At the end of the month, in the absence of Miles and Feral, votes must be submitted to Big Thunder's PM account.

3. As before, votes (2) must be submitted by anyone entering. No votes will result in a disqualification.

4. Competition ends on April 28.

5. ALL voting begins on April 28 at 4pm EST and ends on April 30 at 11:59pm. Entrant voting and reader voting will take place at the same time.

Good luck to all entrants!

06 Apr 2016, 23:25 #2

The winner tally, so far:

November 2013 Winners
Invincible - Issue#28 - Anger Management by Feral Female (1st win)
Violet Avenger Annual #1 – Push by darktruth (1st win)

Decemberber 2013 Winners
Bumblebee Man (part 1) by Miles_Warren (1st win)
2013 Holiday Special by Mister_Oz (1st win)

January 2014 Winners
Song of Selwyn. Capter 1 - secret love by darktruth (2nd win)

February 2014 Winners
Marvel SW: Arsenal, Chapter 3 by Big Thunder (1st win)
Song of Selwyn-Chapter II-A Ranger Falls by darktruth (3rd win)

March 2014 Winners
Heavy Metal- issue #3- Welcome to the Jungle by Feral Female (2nd win)

April 2014 Winners
Hail HYDRA by darktruth (4th win)

May 2014 Winners
Outstanding Avengers by xMatt (1st win)

June 2014 Winners
Marvel Star Wars: Hulk, Chapter Four by Big Thunder (2nd win)
The Outstanding Avengers #43 by xMatt (2nd win)

July 2014 Winners
The Outstanding Avengers: Part Three by xMatt (3rd win)

August 2014 Winners
Heavy Metal #7 – Haunted – Feral Female (3rd win)

September 2014 Winners
Marvel Star Wars: Chapter Twenty-Nine by Big Thunder (3rd win)

October 2014 Winners
The Balance of Power Chapter Five: Discoveries by GreenScar1990 (1st win)
Heavy Metal - Issue #9 – Haunted by Feral Female (4th win)

November 2014 Winners
Balance of Power - Chapter Six - the Bonds that are Formed by GreenScar1990 (2nd win)
Marvel Star Wars: Arsenal - Chapter Seven by Big Thunder (4th win)

December 2014 Winners
The Balance of Power -Chapter Seven: Emotions and Revelations by GreenScar1990 (3rd win)

January 2015 Winners
Heavy Metal - Issue #11 – Haunted by Feral Female (5th win)
Ant-Man? by Ewkada (1st win)
Ultimate Flash #1 - A New Kind of Enemy - Part One of Two: "Red and Blue" by xMatt (4th win)

February 2015 Winners
Heavy Metal - Issue #12 – Haunted by Feral Female (6th win)

March 2015 Winners
The Clowns Come at Midnight by Miles Warren (2nd win)

April 2015 Winners
Outstanding Spider-Man: Chapter 5 - Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Part 1 - My Long Day - In the Morning by silverspidey4ever (1st win)

May 2015 Winners
Marvel Star Wars: Guardians of the Galaxy, Chapter One by Big Thunder (5th win)

June 2015 Winners
Untitled Thor story - Ewkada (2nd win)

July 2015 Winners
Heavy Metal issue #16 - Caught Somewhere in Time (Iron Maiden) - Feral Female (7th win)

August 2015 Winners
Love is Shell Chapter 27 - Interlude: Donatello's Digital Diary - MsMarvelDuckie (1st win)
DON'T ASK - xMatt (5th win)

September 2015 Winners
Awaken - Big Thunder (6th win)

October 2015 Winners
Heavy Metal - Issue #9 – Haunted by Feral Female (8th win)

November 2015 Winner
Spangle #35: Happy Worst Day by Mr. Oz (2nd win)

December 2015 / January 2016 Winner
Dungeon Crawl by Darktruth (5th win)

March 2016 Winner
Hell Spawn by Magneta (1st win)

ewkada
Inhuman

10 Apr 2016, 19:59 #3

OK. I am almost ready to place my next story

Doc Omega
Living Tribunal
Doc Omega
Living Tribunal

10 Apr 2016, 20:00 #4

Big Thunder! @ Apr 6 2016, 07:25 PM wrote: The winner tally, so far:

November 2013 Winners
Invincible - Issue#28 - Anger Management by Feral Female (1st win)
Violet Avenger Annual #1 – Push by darktruth (1st win)

Decemberber 2013 Winners
Bumblebee Man (part 1) by Miles_Warren (1st win)
2013 Holiday Special by Mister_Oz (1st win)

January 2014 Winners
Song of Selwyn. Capter 1 - secret love by darktruth (2nd win)

February 2014 Winners
Marvel SW: Arsenal, Chapter 3 by Big Thunder (1st win)
Song of Selwyn-Chapter II-A Ranger Falls by darktruth (3rd win)

March 2014 Winners
Heavy Metal- issue #3- Welcome to the Jungle by Feral Female (2nd win)

April 2014 Winners
Hail HYDRA by darktruth (4th win)

May 2014 Winners
Outstanding Avengers by xMatt (1st win)

June 2014 Winners
Marvel Star Wars: Hulk, Chapter Four by Big Thunder (2nd win)
The Outstanding Avengers #43 by xMatt (2nd win)

July 2014 Winners
The Outstanding Avengers: Part Three by xMatt (3rd win)

August 2014 Winners
Heavy Metal #7 – Haunted – Feral Female (3rd win)

September 2014 Winners
Marvel Star Wars: Chapter Twenty-Nine by Big Thunder (3rd win)

October 2014 Winners
Heavy Metal - Issue #9 – Haunted by Feral Female (4th win)

November 2014 Winners
Balance of Power - Chapter Six - the Bonds that are Formed by GreenScar1990 (2nd win)
Marvel Star Wars: Arsenal - Chapter Seven by Big Thunder (4th win)

December 2014 Winners
The Balance of Power -Chapter Seven: Emotions and Revelations by GreenScar1990 (3rd win)

January 2015 Winners
Heavy Metal - Issue #11 – Haunted by Feral Female (5th win)
Ant-Man? by Ewkada (1st win)
Ultimate Flash #1 - A New Kind of Enemy - Part One of Two: "Red and Blue" by xMatt (4th win)

February 2015 Winners
Heavy Metal - Issue #12 – Haunted by Feral Female (6th win)

March 2015 Winners
The Clowns Come at Midnight by Miles Warren (2nd win)

April 2015 Winners
Outstanding Spider-Man: Chapter 5 - Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Part 1 - My Long Day - In the Morning by silverspidey4ever (1st win)

May 2015 Winners
Marvel Star Wars: Guardians of the Galaxy, Chapter One by Big Thunder (5th win)

June 2015 Winners
Untitled Thor story - Ewkada (2nd win)

July 2015 Winners
Heavy Metal issue #16 - Caught Somewhere in Time (Iron Maiden) - Feral Female (7th win)

August 2015 Winners
Love is Shell Chapter 27 - Interlude: Donatello's Digital Diary - MsMarvelDuckie (1st win)
DON'T ASK - xMatt (5th win)

September 2015 Winners
Awaken - Big Thunder (6th win)

October 2015 Winners
Heavy Metal - Issue #9 – Haunted by Feral Female (7th win)

November 2015 Winner
Spangle #35: Happy Worst Day by Mr. Oz (2nd win)

December 2015 / January 2016 Winner
Dungeon Crawl by Darktruth (5th win)

March 2016 Winner
Hell Spawn by Magneta (1st win)
Congrats to all the winners!

11 Apr 2016, 00:55 #5

I need to get to work on my entry. I have a bunch of stories to get to work on.

ewkada
Inhuman

14 Apr 2016, 18:33 #6

Hello !
my story for you:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
The WAR comes tomorrow…
------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day, shortly after the second birthday of his daughter Ana, Tony Stark rushed into Loki’s tower – I reached the top of my genius – he declared to Loki – And being there I understood, how much and how little we do matter –

Loki generally had got used already to Tony’s style, but – Well, you’ve never been eager to philosophize before… -

- No, that’s not the point – Tony denied him – Of course, I have created something, but I have the impression, that without placing a man properly, that means without placing me in the centre of the universe, I would not be able to create, what I have created… It was as if my own thought only defined a form, took a real physical shape –

Loki burst out with laughter – So what is the purpose of your visit today? – he wanted to hear the gist of the matter.

Tony went closer: - It’s you, you - the founder of the new spectacular type of war that uses a stability gate between worlds, although you have clearly chosen to deny it and… you, who prevented my life from falling into ruin; I came to a conclusion, that exactly you deserve to see it first before I introduce it to the world –

Loki smiled at that - People are not able to say directly: Loki, you’re great! - he thought – Lead on! – he said to Tony aloud.

---

Tony’s new laboratory was actually an immense… underworld bored out of solid rock, and it was all the time under construction, thanks to the unlimited inventions of its owner. Tony led Loki through an area separated by numerous sluices, where Loki had been once before, earlier. They stopped not far from a new, armored door.

– Close your eyes – Tony demanded putting on a kind of metallurgic gloves – Close your eyes, I want to make you really surprised –

Loki did it, after a while he felt the warmth coming closer to him.

– Now – Tony whispered.

Loki was astounded: just in front of his very eyes Tony was holding a… Holy Stone! – A tetrahedron?! –

– Yep, the faces are equilateral, it consists of the same substance as the Cube of Asgard, but due to a different form it emits an extensive infrared radiation, it’s hot, very hot for us, about 2120F, it is now going through a number of tests, but for sure it is an unlimited heat, it could warm up the whole Earth, if we wanted to use it for that – Tony as usual could not stop to talk.

Loki hadn’t recovered yet from shock.

– It wanted to be created – Tony continued - I have the impression, that all these years I have lived it has waited until I have gained enough knowledge; that even you, the dirty dog of Asgard, you were part of his plan of being brought to our world –

Loki stretched out his hands towards the shiny Tetrahedron just to check if it was real and Tony proudly passed it to him. Loki breathed in the air and… disappeared.

---

Before he was able to respond, the Nameless threw him on his Throne and many light-rings blocked his legs, hands and neck – Be greeted my ally! – the Nameless smiled mischievously - I don’t make the same mistake twice, but you do… You won’t be released without my permission, and you won’t die: the Throne prolongs your life eternally, you don’t need to eat nor to drink, you don’t need to sleep, but from Its height you’ll be able to see much – the Nameless circled round Loki on the Throne, like a Giant who prepares himself for a fight or round his captive woman – You’ll see everyone, who is precious to you, dying painfully; I won’t spare a single cell of their bodies, they will burn… utterly… Using them I will power the flame of my anger. Two worlds, two… heheh… Stones, it was worthy to wait so patiently… Thank you my ally –

The pain and fear joined together in Loki’s mind, he wanted to die now; if he only could, he would burn himself inside, but the Nameless was right: the Throne protected him even from himself.

---

Tony stood long, motionlessly. The Tetrahedron hung in the air right in front of him, and Tony was going through all the years from Loki’s reappearance on Earth until today. His face was more and more tensed and terrified, finally he switched on the microphone.

– What’s up? – Bruce Banner asked.

– Would you please come down to me? Level three, the Passage of the Forgotten – he looked again at the Tetrahedron: it seemed to be still held by Loki, but the Asgardian Frost Giant wasn’t there for sure: Tony cut the air with the glove above and under it, he went close around it.

---

– Yyy… You’ve made it! – Bruce was so impressed, that for a few seconds his skin took a green shade, but then he quickly pushed the changing back.

– Yes – Tony answered shortly – And I am afraid, I have screwed it up -

---

Thor felt a blow within his mind, he staggered and felt out of breath for a while, as if someone was suppressing his lungs. He quickly went to the Tesseract, took her with both hands: the Cube was in the same dumped mood as usual; suddenly, in his head appeared Loki, he smiled but his chin trembled – Direction Earth – Thor thought immediately.

---

It is quite easy to figure out, that all efforts to find Loki were in vain. They did not know, where he was; even Kirk, who at that time came back, was not able to suggest anything. And they hadn’t informed anyone else, except Rosie and Pepper.

Tony closed himself together with Bruce in the laboratory, practically he left the raising of the children to Pepper, which Martin, the grown up boy seeking independence, found actually quite amazing.

Loki's wife Rosie was so down and defenseless, that Thor took her with the children (Kiran, Greta and little Marysha) to Asgard. It hadn’t helped her much, so Ejsha had had since then four daughters to take care of.

And Kiran? He was taken over by Kirk, who trained him to become a Frost Giant. Thor, who had never stopped searching for Loki, took them both sometimes to join him on his journeys.

And the Tetrahedron remained in the laboratory untouched: the humans couldn’t do it because of the temperature, Kirk and Kiran were forbidden by Thor, and Thor alone was sure already, that he should not risk it on his own.

Vision wasn’t officially informed about the Tetrahedron and Loki’s disappearance, but carrying one of the Holy Stones on his forehead he immediately sensed the upcoming of this new power on Earth. Noticing, that Tony and Bruce meant to hide it from him, made him only laugh about how naïvely they were behaving. So he decided to keep the distance and not to disturb them in their space-searching. Of course Vision was wondering, why Thor decided to join the two scientists in keeping their secret instead of consulting him about the Tetrahedron’s fate, but he interpreted it that Thor must had been all the time at least unawares jealous for him, because of his passing of the Hammer’s trial – thanks to that trial he could replace Thor on Asgard’s throne when only he wished it. The Stone itself, the Tetrahedron didn’t upset Vision at all, to the contrary: it made him feel more secure and powerful on Earth, and not alone anymore, so he hadn’t noticed Loki’s pain at all. And he hadn’t noticed the danger at all...

As for Thor, he didn’t mean to disregard Vision in any way. He simply assumed that neither of the Holy Stones were able to find the Chitaurian abode and that these Stones, when used for tracking Loki, could possibly endanger their users and even relocate them the same way as it happened to Loki this time and once before. So Thor definitely concentrated on using all other ways of searching throughout the space, but not the Holy Stones. Unfortunately he wasn’t aware that the real cause of the malfunctioning of the Stones was his own growing mistrust towards them.

---

This way some years flew past. Were they sad, I mean: those who knew about Loki’s fate? Well… yes, even very sad, but with time the laughter returned to Thor’s palace and to Tony’s tower, starting with children of course, but their eyes weren’t shining so brightly as before. Tony worried himself grey, he became very thin, and he cursed himself feeling all the time responsible for Loki’s disappearance. On Earth remained only Bruce and Pepper, who knew it all; the Tetrahedron was carefully isolated from always curious eyes of the world. Tony probably would seek to destroy his creation, but he didn’t want to cut off any of eventual return-ways for Loki.

The worst effected was Rosie – she faded day by day, Asgard aged her much, but she had never complained and never asked for taking her back to Earth, only after her father’s death she persuaded Thor to relocate her mum to Asgard. She visited often the Holy Mountain, there she sat long hours looking lost into the flame of the Holy Lamp. She was not able to pray, the words got stuck in her throat. One night she dreamed of her village: she was young and went naked along its streets, but didn’t feel ashamed because of that, even when her neighbors stopped, shocked, eyeing her. And suddenly God approached her and said: - You haven’t asked, but I’ll give you a dress – Some days later, sitting so lonely in the Holy Mountain she died.

---

Loki was not able to see Asgard, only Earth; he was dying slowly, every day, not knowing what happened to his family; once or twice he briefly saw Thor, who was still stubbornly mad about finding him, and he saw Tony, with tired eyes and a sad expression in his face, and a couple of times he caught glimpses of his son Kiran, but the Nameless always turned his vision quickly somewhere else.

Suddenly Rosie appeared in front of him, the same as during their first meeting, Loki saw, that with a great difficulty she was trying to explain something to him, but she did it soundlessly, and then she started to change and slowly turned into the smiling Eshla, his first love who years ago died a painful death. Watching her Loki cried bitterly, the tears went down his cheeks, and in his heart anger grew immensely, all that because he felt so helpless, because he wasn’t even able to wipe away his own tears.

– Cry… - the Nameless murmured to him – Thanks to this, your anger will grow enormously durable when the right time comes -

And Loki did not find enough strength to resist him anymore.

Magneta
Demi God
Magneta
Demi God

16 Apr 2016, 20:17 #7

As promised, I'm posting in my entry this week. It's a continuation of my 'Hunchback of Notre-Dame' fan-fic 'Hell Spawn' from last month's entry.

Chapter 3

Everyone was still at prayers when I quietly sneaked out the front door of the nunnery and headed towards Notre-Dame. Notre Dame itself was a couple of blocks away from the nunnery and we only went there during Christmas so it was just a short walk for me, my black habit cloak trailing behind me and my black hair was blending into it.

The day was slightly cold but we were only a few days into January so I wasn't that bothered. The cold never bothered me much.

'Mary Frollo? Shouldn't you be inside on a cold day like this and in morning prayers along with everyone else?'

I had been so absorbed in my own thoughts and memories that I hadn't seen the archdeacon standing at the foot of the steps of Notre-Dame until I had heard the old man's voice.

'I've a lot on my mind sir. Sorry about that' I apologised with a sad smile.

He nodded expectantly.

'What brings you to Notre-Dame child? You're welcome either way of course, as long as it's in peace.'

'I just...wanted to pray for my father that was all' I replied.

Truth to say, I didn't know why I wanted to come here in the first place.

The archdeacon nodded sadly at me.

'I've been here more than thirty years Mary. Claude was a regular visitor here for a very long time until his death on this day ten years ago. No-one knew why Claude did what he did. Only he himself knew.'

'Did what he did? Do you mean the night my father died sir?'

'All I know is that Claude came up here ten years ago. Up those stairs that lead up to the bell-ringer's quarters. Claude never came back down' he replied sadly.

'Does the bell-ringer still live here?'

'Quasimodo still does but he doesn't come down often though, despite the fact that we've let him know that he's more than welcome to do so, regardless of what people think of him.'

I nodded. I had heard of this Quasimodo. For the last ten years, people had treated him kindly than they had before, despite his disfigurement. I had never met or seen him of course but the nuns who had said he was the most gentlest of creatures, despite his appearance.

I thanked the archdeacon and continued to walk into Notre-Dame.

Chapter 4

Unknown to me, I was being watched from above.

'Who's the girl coming in Victor? Another nun visiting us? Aren't they all supposed to be inside at this time of day?'

The gargoyle known as Victor looked down to see what the other gargoyle was about.

'Nuns visit us all the time Hugo or is your head that full of rocks?'

'Yeah but this one looks familiar.'

'Don't be stupid; they all look the same.'

Laverne, another gargoyle, looked to see what her two companions were about.

'Hmmm, she does look familiar but I can't place a finger on...will you birds get lost!' she snapped angrily at the birds that were always bothering her, 'find someone else to sit on!'

'What is it?' a voice asked from the doorway.

The three gargoyles turned to face Quasimodo.

'Just another nun visiting us Quasi. No need to be alarmed' Laverne replied with a kind smile.

Quasimodo looked down anyway...and frowned at the sight.

'...I've seen her before. I'm sure of it' he said.

'Ha! Told you!' said Hugo triumphantly, 'so, where do you know her from then Quasi?'

'If she could turn her face upwards, I might be able to make her out.'

But I never did turn my face upwards, much to their disappointment.

'Looks like she's coming in' Hugo went on.

'Don't get too excited; she'll be down stairs-'

'Then meet her and tell us Quasi!'

'Fine' he shrugged, since it was obvious that Quasimodo had no say in the matter.

To be continued

Eternal Nightmare
Celestial

16 Apr 2016, 23:23 #8

Peter Pan and the Pirates - The Woman's Spirit

Peter Pan characters don’t belong to me.

Captain Hook looked ahead as he frowned. His arms were on his desk. His head was on them for many minutes. The dark cabin never bothered him. Something bothered him after another moment passed. A sudden knock on the door.

Captain Hook glanced back. His frown remained, but he never lifted his head. ‘’Smee?’’ he muttered under his breath.

‘’Do you know what tomorrow is?’’ Smee asked.

Captain Hook lifted his head and scowled. ‘’It’s going to be your funeral day if you bother me another time!’’ he said to the door.

‘’No. It’s Christmas. What do you desire?’’

The man glanced at the hook where his hand once was. He trembled with rage. ‘’Viewing Peter Pan’s battered form,’’ he muttered. He turned to the door again.

‘’I’ll make new underwear for you,’’ Smee said.

Captain Hook’s eyes became wide for a moment. He frowned again. ‘’DEPART THIS INSTANT!’’ He blushed for a few seconds. Captain Hook stood before he walked to the door. He heard Smee’s footsteps until they disappeared.

Captain Hook returned to his desk and sat again. *What do I desire?* he thought. His head was on his arms again. He glanced at the empty area.

*Mother with me* Captain Hook thought. A sad smile appeared on his face. *The woman I cherish in my arms. The woman I’ll view in my dreams. Cecilia. My betrothed.*

Four tears streamed down Captain Hook’s face. They fell on his white shirt, but they never bothered him. His long hair concealed his face. That was when he fell asleep.

Another knock was why Captain Hook opened his eyes. He sat up and scowled again. He faced the door. ‘’SMEE! I THOUGHT I SAID…’’ There was another knock.

Captain Hook tilted his head in confusion. After standing, he viewed a form walking through the door. His eyes widened again. He stepped back.
The form materialized. She wore a white and violet dress with a matching hat. On her hands were wrist length gloves. A red bow was pinned on the front of her dress. Her dark hair was mostly hidden under the hat. She smiled.

‘’Cecilia?’’

‘’The woman you cherish in your arms.’’

Captain Hook frowned again. ‘’You didn’t wish to marry me after you discovered my life as a pirate.’’ He glanced at one side as tears filled his eyes. He scowled at Cecilia. His eyes narrowed. ‘’Why are you here?’’

‘’I moved on. Why can’t you?’’

Captain Hook still scowled.

‘’I’m here due to your wish to be with me again.’’

Captain Hook turned and faced his desk.

‘’Are you turning your back on me again?’’ Cecilia asked.

‘’I was in the world without you. I always endured solitude.’’ Captain Hook focused on the desk. ‘’I don’t know if I love you. I wish I could love you. I like you. Maybe.’’ The particular words began to spin in his head.

‘’Your past is tormenting you,’’ Cecilia said. She approached Captain Hook. She held the hook. Cecilia viewed Captain Hook trembling and released it. ‘’You’re distressed.’’ Her eyes were still on him as he faced her.

‘’I never lied about my affection for you, Cecilia.’’

The spirit touched his face and smiled. She watched as he collapsed on his knees. She saw a sudden smile for a moment as he looked thoughtful. Cecilia kissed him on the lips before his eyes became bigger.

Captain Hook relaxed as his shoulders slumped. He began to rest with her.

‘’That was going to be our wedding day kiss?’’ Captain Hook wished to know. He saw the return of Cecilia’s smile. Frowning again, he remembered the lie about his life. A tear ran down his face prior to another kiss from her.

Cecilia stroked his face before he rubbed it on her hand. Her eyes settled on him as he removed his shirt. She kissed every inch of his bare chest. She was more than happy to be in his arms.

Cecilia eventually fell asleep with the man she still loved. A few hours went by before she opened her eyes. She sat up.

Captain Hook stood in front of his mother’s portrait. He was currently fully clothed and frowning. Tears appeared in his eyes another time.

After standing, Cecilia frowned. She shook her head as she closed her eyes. ‘’You are never going to be happy.’’ She turned and vanished.

Captain Hook turned his head while his frown remained. *My betrothed abandoned me? I’m not shocked. Mummy abandoned me after she…* A tear ran down Captain Hook’s face. His lip trembled. He glanced back. He gasped.

Captain Hook’s mother’s spirit’s decaying fingers appeared on the door after it opened at a snail’s pace.

The End
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/kacangpool/vida/2010-tavern-awards-stanlee.jpg[/img]

[img]http://spiralgoddess.webs.com/IMG_20171107_103942.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.freewebs.com/eternalalanna/Screenshot%202017-12-03%20at%203.35.02%20PM.png[/img]

[IMG]http://eternalashlotte.webs.com/Screenshot%202017-12-18%20at%2011.49.20%20AM.png[/IMG]

Magneta
Demi God
Magneta
Demi God

17 Apr 2016, 19:29 #9

Did we all decide to go into Disney mode for this month's competition or something :lol3: ?

Eternal Nightmare
Celestial

17 Apr 2016, 20:07 #10

Magneta @ Apr 17 2016, 01:29 PM wrote: Did we all decide to go into Disney mode for this month's competition or something :lol3: ?
My Peter Pan story is actually from the early 90's cartoon.

Interesting how you mention Disney, since I just rented Peter Pan at Netflix! :lol3:
I didn't see the movie yet.
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/kacangpool/vida/2010-tavern-awards-stanlee.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.freewebs.com/eternalalanna/Screenshot%202017-12-03%20at%203.35.02%20PM.png[/img]

[IMG]http://eternalashlotte.webs.com/Screenshot%202017-12-18%20at%2011.49.20%20AM.png[/IMG]

Magneta
Demi God
Magneta
Demi God

17 Apr 2016, 20:10 #11

Eternal Nightmare @ Apr 17 2016, 09:07 PM wrote:
Magneta @ Apr 17 2016, 01:29 PM wrote: Did we all decide to go into Disney mode for this month's competition or something  :lol3: ?
My Peter Pan story is actually from the early 90's cartoon.

Interesting how you mention Disney, since I just rented Peter Pan at Netflix! :lol3:
I didn't see the movie yet.
Hmm, I don't recall that one [thinking] . Then again, I was only a toddler in the early 90's.

The Disney film is good :thbsup: !

darktruth
Neo

18 Apr 2016, 02:49 #13

I should have an entry in this week. Wanted another part of Dungeon Crawl but time got away from me this month. Will have the first issue of my 'Blake and Gwynn Investigations' instead.
"Don't Act Too Paranoid Or They'll Know You're Onto Them."

Redsledge
Kree

21 Apr 2016, 19:29 #14

Some good stories :friends:
One of the worlds greatest pleasures is secret knowledge. Things you learn that your peers don't know, or imagine you know. Its the lifetime batting average of every member of the Yankees, stats of Desert Storm, or the names and home-worlds of legions of Superheroes. Commit this knowledge to memory, and you can speak the private language of those who have approached this with equal dedication.

The will of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death - Musashi

PS4: Redsledge
Xbox1: RedsledgeBLU

21 Apr 2016, 19:33 #15

i'm jumping in this fray. it'll be tight, but i'm coming with a story.

25 Apr 2016, 21:43 #16

ULTIMATE BATMAN

UNDER THE COLD SUN - part 2

MEANWHILE…GOTHAM HARBOR

Walking along a metal grate deck that runs along the side of a large shipping vessel named, “The Evergreen”, a woman in a skin tight green outfit with two swords strapped to her back along with smaller blades strapped to her arm, pulls off the ‘smiling-cat’ mask from face as she jogs up the stairs to the main deck. Reaching the final stairs, the young woman with bright green eyes and a scar on the side of her face, immediately spots two ninja’s standing guard in front of the lone shipping container on the deck. Confidently approaching them, the two ninjas do an about face and put their fists to their chest in recognition of her presence while stepping aside from the small containers metal doors.

As the young woman approaches the door, she immediate begins to feel the sharp coolness from whatever is behind the door. She wanted answers and she planned on getting them.

She bangs her fists against the unusually cold metal door before stepping back at the sound of footsteps rushing to the door.

Hearing the bolt unlock, the woman watches the door fling open with a gust of frigid cold hair blowing against her body. Clenching her jaw, the woman glares at the man before her. Decked in a thick white coat over his white suit, black shirt and black tie, she looks into the eyelets of the shiny black skull mask the man wears.

“Black Mask.” She simply says.

“Chesire, you honor us.” He says, stepping with his extended hand into the shipping container, watching Cheshire carefully step inside as a thick layer of ice covers the metal floor.

It was something out of a winter horror movie. Metal walls covered in thick slabs of ice, icicles pointed down from the ceiling, the smell of blood and water in the air. However her green eyes lower down the light blue skinned muscular figure sitting on the frozen bucket with his back turned to her. His skin glistened as if it was painted with metallic blue paint. Machinery, computer chips, soldering irons littered all round him and frozen to the floor, she stops in her tracks and folds her arms, saying nothing.

Cheshire watches the man remain unfazed by her presence, slowly turn around to look at her.His eyes irritated and red, yet his appearance was strong in form and sturdy – something she liked in a soldier, but not in unsteady let alone secret allies.
Glancing at the glowing orb behind him on the frozen work table behind him, Cheshire narrows her eyes at the small snow-globe that’s frozen to the icy desk beside the glowing orb. A ballerina, twirling about in the white fluff of confetti within the crystal globe with the words etched into the small brass plaque ‘Frozen in Time’.

“And who exactly are you?” Freeze asks, looking at the woman up and down.

“My name is Cheshire.” She sternly replies,“Leader of the League of Assassins. Your Victor Fries.”

“You’re not Captain Cold?” asks Freeze, his hollow voice tinged with irritation as fog comes from his mouth.

Cheshire lowers her hands and tightens her fists, “Do I look like captain cold to you?!” she snarls as fog lifts from her mouth.

“I guess not.” Victor Fries causually replies before turning his back to Cheshire, returning to work on the Cold Fusion Reactor.

Clenching her jaw, Cheshire stares at Freeze ice-blue bare back, wondering how many knives she can stab into it as Black Mask leans to her,“He’s a bit sensitive about some nut stealing his thunder.” Black Mask whispers as Cheshire closes her eyes in frustration.

“OUTSIDE! NOW!” Cheshire shouts as she turns on her heel and marches out the metal door.

Fries looks over his shoulder at Black Mask who points to him, “Keep working. I’ll sort this out.”
Victor Fries narrows his red eyes as Black Mask leaves the frozen container and pushes the door almost closed.
*~*~*~*

Outside under the night sky, Black Mask shivers as he takes off his thick white coat, “It’s freakin’ below three degrees below in there and I’m warming in up out here in fifty degrees…”

“WHAT is he doing here!” Cheshire interrupts, pointing at the container while inches away from his face, “ANSWER ME!”

“First, invest in mints.” Black Mask snarkily replies, “And second, what is he doing? He's makin' freakin' Easter eggs for the local evangelical church this sun - WHAT THE #$%^& DO YOU THINK HE'S DOING ?! He’s helping me with the job! THE JOB YOU HIRED ME FOR! Did you think this was gonna be simple? I got plans to execute and last time I check you dumb-broad –”

Before Black Mask can finish his sentence, he chokes on the strong grasp of fingers clutching his ‘Adams Apple’! Gasping, Black Mask thrusts his arm out to the side, causing a small gun to slide out his suit-jacket sleeve, grabs hold of it and jabs points into Cheshire’s left temple. At that moment, two ninjas seemingly out of thin air extend their chrome silver blades to his back as Chesire glares into his black eyes, “I will not be disrespected by any man!” she snarls.

“And I won’t be questioned by any man or woman!” Black Mask spits, pushing his gun further into his temple as she tightens her grip, “You and the League wah-wanted me to make spa-ah-ace in ‘The Na-ah-arrows’–”

“DISCREETLY!”

“Well wit ya deadline it ain’t gonna ha-ha-happen!” Black Mask gasps, “Need I remind you - you CALLED ME, cuz the Mayor called me to ‘do a job’, which made problems and I-I solvedthat too. Nah-now I’m aah-ahlmost done and ya cryin ovah’ pah-ticulah’s. !”

Cheshire pushes him back, watching Black Mask stagger back and keel over, trying to catch his breath.

“I want to know your Particular Black Mask. NOW!”. Cheshire snarls, watching Black Mask fold his arms.

“Oh now you want know the devil in the details?” Black Mask grumbles as he raises his eyes to her, “Nah uh toots. It’s none of your business! That’s not how this works. You don’t like it then call Ra’s and get his butt down here so can ask me himself!”

“If Ra’s Al Gul graces your sight.” Cheshire snarls, bringing her face close to his mask, “ I assure you, it would be the last thing your eyes will ever see.” Cheshire snaps, pushing him back.

Having caught is breath, Black Mask stands erect and tugs on jacket before putting his gun away as the ninja’s beside him lower their swords, “Well it seems like I got my methods lady and you got yours. I’m a professional! I will hold up my end! But I ain’t gotta tell you nothin’ about how I’m gonna make my sauce, just as long as you eat it and like it, that’s all that matters.”

“After ‘The Narrows’ are cleared, the League of Assassins will send Ra’s daughter, Nyssa, to Star City for ‘The Glades’ in a similar campaign. For that to happen, this job must go right. There can be no traceable evidences of our involvement here, is that clear!” Cheshire barks.

Black Mask narrows his eyes, “As crystal, Barbie”

Cheshire clenches her jaw, “One day, when my masters errands are done, I promise I will find you in the dead of night and take all the waking hours has to kill you.”

Black Mask smirks, “I’ll be waiting.” He smirks.

Cheshire narrows her eyes, clenching her swords handle but turns her back to Black Mask, staring at Gotham skyline, “His name is Victor Fries? Mister Freeze as he goes by if I’m not mistaken.”

“Great detective work, where ya go? The Obvious Institute?”

“He has an obsession with his wife, his DEAD wife.” Cheshire spits, “Obsessive men are disloyal men...” She warns, walking away from him and down the metal stairs of the ship, “…and I will not have failure because that factor.”

“I got it.” Mask replies, looking down at her as she leaves.

“I’m sending extra men.” Cheshire states, looking up at him with a stern glare, “Its not an option.”

"Didn’t think it was. We both know you're just sending them to keep watch on me, because you like me so much.” Black Mask asks, his voice tinged with irritation and sarcasm.

Cheshire smirks and shakes her head, “So much I wanna kill you for it.” She snaps while walking down the metal stairs and disappearing from sight.

Black Mask shakes his head as he turns back to the container, “Dumb-broad.”

INSIDE THE CONTAINER
Victor Fries red eyes remain focused to the door left slightly open as Black Mask reenters, closing the door behind him.

“She is not pleased.” Victor states.

Black Mask points at him, “I don’t think your whole ‘are you captain cold’ thing helped.”

Fries stands up and pulls out his ice gun, aiming it at Black Mask. Narrowing his red eyes, Fries clenches his jaw, “Well I don’t suppose it’s too much to assume you think my sacrifice is now necessary, do you?”

Black Mask raises his hands as a soft chuckle comes from behind his mask, “No I don’t. That League of Assassin whore is not my boss though. They need me, I need you, and you need me.”

“So far I have been working based on promises not kept, so I would rephrase the world ‘need’.”

Black Mask nods, “Oh I beg to differ, were getting Nora tonight…so I think you DO need me.”
Freeze eyes open wide.

“But i need to ask you if you know a man by the name of, Boo-goriskini? Sergei something.”

“Sergei Burgorski!”

“RIGHT! Him! See, he's been working on Cryogenics and a lot of your research so i hear, right here in Gotham. Part of those...researches includes a cure for your wife, who i will have brought here, tonight.” Black Mask says, watching Freeze reluctantly lowering his freeze-gun, “Now I was promised a reactor ready for my needs, and with your mind i thought it'd be done but now, so, i decided to give you some motivation So I will bring Nora here, YOU though, will do something for me in return IN ADDITION to this reactor."

"And what is that? You want me to bring Sergei here as well, don't you? To supervise what i do."

"Anyone tell you that you have some SERIOUS insecurity issues?" Black Mask quips, "No i don't want him alive you idiot! He's been working on Cryogenics and Cold Fusion for years. He's the only one that could aid in diffusing that thing once its set. So from how i see it, he took your research, made three-step chemical therapy solution that could cure your wife and never got it to you, and can ruin MY plans. So you ask me, you think i want the man who should want dead, who can ruin my plans, alive?"

“You want me to kill him.”

“Tonight. You do that, not only will Nora BE HERE tonight when you get back, I'll have her cure. All two of the three chemical serums. You'll get the third when you finish tweaking my Cold Fusion reactor.”

“You say all this, as if, as if it is all possible without Gotham Police arresting me on sight.” Freeze states, “Let alone, risk seeing the Batman.”

Black Mask chuckles, “Oh Victor, trust me, you’re the last person anyone is going to arrest tonight and Batman is the least of your troubles.”

Later…GOTHAM –
40th Floor of KORD TOWER –
GOTHAM ARTS Tercentennial Dinner

Crowded together under the pleasant chandelier lights of the Gotham Tercentennial celebration, the epic sized event center is full with guests dressed in black tie white pressed shirts and tuxedos and elegant evening gowns. As the band plays its eloquent music, everyone mingles, making small talk while they are all served champagne and appetizers. Commissioner Gordon sits at a seat beside Mayor Hill on an elevated platform, overlooking the large crowd of well-dressed invitees.

Sitting beside him, Mayor Hill looks over to Commissioner Gordon watching over the crowd.
“So how’s it going at the office Gordon?” Hill asks, plastering on a grin as he politely waves at a guest.

“Fine Mayor Hill, just fine.” Gordon replies, keeping his eyes fixed to the crowd.

“I’m glad to hear that. I’d hate there to be problems Gordon.” Mayor Hill says as a waiter walks over to the Mayor and leans over to him, offering a tray of appetizers.

Gordon glances at the Mayor from the corner of his eye as he nods and waves at someone, “What do you mean sir? Why would there be a problem?”

“Oh well you know Gordon.” Mayor Hill sighs, “Everyone in Gotham thinks you’re a staple, a signal of law and order, I’d hate to have to change that if we seem to, rattle your cage.” He says, cutting him a look, waiting for a reply.

“We’re here to provide law enforcement, keep up justice, that’s all. Anything beyond that I don’t know about.” Gordon replies, folding his arms.

Mayor Hill smiles as he pops a small morsel of food into his mouth, “Good Jim, lets keep it that way. I don’t like replacing the old with the new, I like to think of Jason AND yourself having a bright future in Gotham, together.” He smiles. as Jim clenches his jaw at the statement.

“Lana Lang, Daily Planet, mind if i get a couple of questions?”

“Sure!” Mayor Hill smiles, leaning over to Gordon, posing with him as Lana Lang, decked in a strapless dress, pulls out a small camera from her clutch and snaps a shot of them.

“Thank you!” Lana Lang smiles, brushing aside her large red bangs, “So tell me Commissioner Gordon, rumor has it GCPD is planning a Task Force, care to enlighten us?”

Gordon clenches his jaw but suddenly feels Mayor Hill nudge his shoulder and wink at him, “Go ahead Gordon, give’er a lil scoop.” He grins, looking at Gordon draw in a deep agitated breath before turning back to Lana Lang.

Meanwhile, in the crowd…

Alfred slowly makes his way over the Lucius Fox, “Good evening Sir. How are you?”

“Great Alfred, thank you for getting Bruce his new three piece suit.”

“Any time, the other was looking quite tight.”

“He had too much weight - i mean muscle tone. Regardless, its good a lost what he had.” Lucius says.

“That include his head sir?” Alfred smirks, leaving Lucius to chuckle as he continues serving the guests.

“Excuse me may I have your attention.” Mayor Hill says over the loud microphone, seeing everyone turn their attention to him.

Seeing the Mayor about to start, CFO of Korg Enterprises makes his way down the lit corridors of the massive luxury penthouse and makes his way into the restroom.

Mayor Hill smiles, “It’s time to start Gotham Tercentennial Celebration. As always our goal is to celebrate something within Gotham, art, culture, philanthropy while ushering in a new age for Gotham. So tonight…” he says, pointing to the massive white cloth covering a painting of some sort, “…I would like to unveil the work in the form of a twenty foot masterpiece painting by none other Guiseppe Bianci, let’s give him a round of applause shall we.”

“Mister Pennyworth.” Calls a voice.

Alfred turns around, seeing Ted Kord make his way hastily through the crowd, “Well hello Mister Kord, how may I –”

“Have you seen my CFO? Leo Granston.” Ted asks abruptly.

“No sir I’m sorry.” Alfred replies, seeing Ted’s eyes filled with anxiety, “I must have lost him in the thick of the crowd.”

Restroom

Your date is here.
Leo texts on his cellphone before stuffing it in his pocket. However, wiping his brow, Leo loosens the tie around his neck as he runs the water from the faucet.

“So dang hot in here.” Leo complains, splashing water on his face from the running faucet.
Lowering his head to the white sink, Leo Granston splashes more water on his face as a black blur drops behind him.

Lifting his face back up, Leo blindly reaches for paper-towel on his right side, having gotten water in his eyes but feels it being handed to him.

“Oh thank you.” He replies, pat drying his face. However, as soon as his face is dry, Leo opens his aged brown eyes to see who is behind him in the mirror’s reflection. Suddenly his face goes pale, his mouth dries and sweat beads on his forehead at the ominous sight of Batman towering over him from behind, glaring at him in the mirrors reflection with narrow white eyes.

“Oh gawd.” Granston gasps as Batman grabs him by the back of his head and slams his face into the mirror, cracking it!

~*~*~*~*~*~

PENTHOUSE DINING ROOM

Ted nods in reply to Alfred as disappointment washes across his face.

Alfred turns aside and makes his way through the crowd of guests clapping for the Mayor as the Mayor Hill continues his speech.

However Alfred catches Ted Kord walk over to Lucius Fox and lean in his ear.

As the short man waddles onto the platform, standing much shorter than the Mayor, he makes his way up to the large canvas covered by a white sheet.

“This painting…” the Mayor says, “…is called "Twilight in Gotham and…”

“Took me Ten years to paint! Ten!” the artist shouts out while holding up his ten fingers.

Mayor Hill smiles, “Yes it did! And now, its ready to be shared with all of us. Please.” He says to the artist, who gently pulls back the white painting.

~*~*~*~*~

Bathroom

Bleeding from his forehead and cheek, Leo Granston groans as the pain in his head rouses him awake. Slowly opening his eyes, Leo sees drops of blood dripping from his nose the floor that he sees he’s suspended over. Panic starts to fill his mouth as he looks around but notices the black blur before him that slowly sharpens and turns the black void to the ominous Batmanstanding before him.

“AH AAH-“

Barely seeing him move, Leo gasps in pain as he’s punched across the mouth as if by a brick and sent swinging the bathroom floor before feeling two hands grab him and steady him still. His eyes dilate with fear as he sees Batman grab hold of him and glare at him with his hollow white eyes.

“Quiet.”

Leo barely can feel the blood rushing to his face as he shivers while suspended over the tile floor. He watches Batman move back as if gliding over the floor like a ghost with his black cape draped over his body.

“I-I don’t know any…”

“You sold tech from Ted Kord.” Batman states, “I have a recording of the call you made after you were at Gotham Docks last night not to mention the video of you killing three men. I also have the footage and the call that instructs Sergei Bugorski to be killed and he’s here tonight, what I don’t have is who you sold the device to the first time, your third party. WHO WAS IT?! I know whoever it is, will be working with Black Mask to kill Burgorski, SO WHO IS IT?!"

Gulping as blood drips from his wrinkled forehead, Leo Granston shakes his head, “I have no idea what you’re…”

“Don’t lie to me.” Batman snarls while pulling out black-remote looking device. Pressing a button on its side, Leo’s eyes open wide at the sight of the bright blue crackling electricity at its metal tips as he looks at Batman’s narrowed white hollow eyes, “You don’t want to do that.”

“Okay okay okay…” Leo sighs, “…I-I sold Kord’s Cold Fusion Reactor, but i don’t know who the buyer wa -”

‘KAK-KAK-KAK-KAK-KAK’ goes the taser as Batman rams the taser into Leo’s thick jelly gut, watching Leo thrash about in pain before pulling it away from him.

“OOOoppmm..eeerrgGAAAAAH!” Leo shouts in pain, writhing in pain like a worm on a hook, feeling as if all the nerves in his body were on fire, “HE-HE HAD A RA-RED MASK OKAY! HE HAD A RED MASK, THAT'S ALL I KNOW!”

Batman pauses, looking down at Leo in disbelief.

“He had a red mask I promise, that’s why I didn’t see his face! I didn’t see it because he had a red mask! I swear it on my daughter’s life he had a red maaaask.”

“How did you contact him?” Batman asks.

“A burner phone! Right pocket. He’s supposed to contact me for another buy of Kord’s Military Equipment tonight after Burgorski is taken out.”

Batman clenches his jaw, turning to the door at the realization that Burgoski is somewhere in attendance.

However at that moment, a young waiter bursts through the door, ready to unzip his pants to use the bathroom but is startled at the sight of Batman, jolting back.

“Leave.” Batman growls.

“OH GAAAAAAAAAWD!” The waiter screams, running out the bathroom.

Batman clenches his jaw in frustration, having wanted to one to see this.

Hearing a chuckle, Batman looks down at Leo who starts to laugh, “You-you got caught and now…your whole GIG is up! He’ll testify that you…”

Batman pulls out a recorder, replaying everything Leo just said a few moments ago andwatches Leo’s eyes open wide.

Batman nods, “Exactly.” Before lifting foot to his face, “Lights out.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*
PENTHOUSE DINING ROOM

“This painting was done by our very own artist.” The Mayor says into the microphone as everyone turns their attention to him. “Do you know why? He asks. Because he is a Gothamite..."

Sitting behind the Mayor on the stage, Commissioner Gordon notices a police officer from the corner of his eye, waving him over to come behind the stage.

“....AND LIKE ALL YOU GOTHAMITES..." The Mayor continues, "I work for this wonderful city and shine spotlights on artists and many other gems we have in this city and not…The Bat-maaan.” He says, seeing everyone’s faces nod, “The Batman, he, and the lunatics like him, are tearing this city apart.”

Alfred looks over to Lucius who simply sips his champagne with great concern.

“BUT the Batman and all everyone like him are DONE FEASTING ON US I TELL YOU! THEY'RE TIME IS DONE!” Mayor Hill exclaims and raises up his finger as everyone applauds in agreement, “That is why tonight, Like our beloved artists tonight, I am also unveiling my masterpiece. A new program for Gotham- OPERATION ZERO TOLERANCE! This program will eradicate all masked vigilantes, meta-human criminals from the city, period! In this way, we will GRAB Gotham's future away from the lunatics and MAKE IT OUR MASTERPIECE! HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT!!”

A thunderous roar bursts from the crowd as they liven with applause as camera flashes erupt on Mayor Hill.

~*~*~

Behind the Mayor’s platform's sound-booth, Commissioner Gordon shakes his head, having just heard what the waiter said he saw in the Bathroom, “Wait a minute, are sure you saw what you saw?”

“YES!” The waiter emphatically replies.

“I already called it in.” replies the other officer but Gordon clenches his jaw at what he says.

“What?” the officer shrugs, “Todd said to phone in all sightings of him whether you like it or not.”

Suddenly a bone-chilling scream erupts amongst the crowd, causing everyone to turn to the source.

Commissioner Gordon pulls out his gun and races out around the platform.

Suddenly a bright white beam zips past Commissioner Gordon and hits the officer behind him.

"PACKETT!" Gordon shouts, seeing his fellow officer suddenly freeze into an ice statue.

James Gordon turns around to the crowd and spots a guest, decked in a tuxedo, frozen solid as everyone stands in open mouthed horror at the sight of him tipping over and shatters on the marble floor, revealing Mister Freeze standing at the door with a smoking ice-bazooka emit frosty fog from its open mouth barrel.

“GOOD EVENING!” Mister Freeze shouts in his a hollow voice from within his glass dome helmet.

Everyone gasps at the sight of Mister Freeze, holding his long bazooka ice-gun in his two hands, as he walks amongst the crowd like the devil in a church. Everyone steps away from him as his red eyes glow brightly while he scans the crowd. His steps heavy from his metallic suit that seems more streamlined causes a tremble through the floor. His black gloved hands clutch the heavy bazooka-like weapon with ease and lifts it up towards the Mayor standing on the podium.

“Do you think Batman is the cause of how I am Mistah Mayah?” Mr. Freeze asks, narrowing his red glowing eyes at him behind his frosty glass dome helmet that encapsulates his entire head like an astronaut.

Mayor Hill gulps, trembling with fear at the sight Mister Freeze at the center floor with his large ice-bazooka aimed at him.

“Do you think it was Batman that caused me to lose my wife and the future we could have had Mistah Mayah?” he asks, but glances at Commissioner Gordon to his far right, “Because it was not ‘the Batman’ as you say…” Victor says, while pulling out a smaller secondary ice-gun.

“BUT ALL OF YOU!” Victor exclaims in an enraged voice, “YOU ALL made me the way I am.” Freeze snarls, glaring at the crowd as he turns towards them, keeping his bazooka aimed at the Mayor, “The ones fueled by money, greed, envy. The ones who use COMPASSION, CHARITY, and all those pretty little words…” Freeze snarls while turning around, pointing his wide open mouth ice-bazooka at everyone as fog flows from its circular mouth and keeping his second aimed on Jim Gordon, “…while they’re cold hearts kill the ones like myself for profit, put my Nora into a wintery sleep and call it ‘a mad man’s attempt of being god’ while they profit from my research.”

“What happened to you, was a horrific accid…”

“NO!” Freeze hollers, swinging around his heavy bazooka towards Mayor Hill and firing out a bright white icy beam at him. Seeing it streak over the guests who duck beneath the frigid ice beam, Jim Gordon leaps up onto the platform and tackles the Mayor away from the podium as it’s suddenly frozen in a huge chunk of ice behind them!

“I AM NOT AN ACCIDENT!!” Freeze hollers, glaring at the Mayor beside the white-ice podium, “I am a victim of injustice!" he shouts, quickly shooting his smaller gun at the main-door, icing it shut as more police race towards it.

Holstering his smaller gun, Freeze glares at the frightened crowd," I AM now transformed into the cold hand of vengeance.” he snarls, his red eye roving over the crowd, “And I am living in a nightmare forever more.” He says, stalking towards the terrified crowd.

“And in my nightmares…” he continues, while walking towards the crowd and lifting up his Bazooka towards them, “…I see my lovely my Nora reaching out to me in a case of ice!” he laments, pointing the mouth of his ice-bazooka at the frightened crowd as fog froths out at each guest until he stops randomly at Lana Lang.

Everyone scatters away from Lana Lang as holds the ice-bazooka's open mouth barrel closer towards her face. Lana trembles as the biting cold from the gun causes her rolling tears to freeze halfway down her cheeks.

“My Nora cries out like you, but it is for vengeance!” Victor snarls before quickly grabbing hold of Lana by her small wrist and throws her aside like a rag-doll towards the wall!

Freeze looks down at the man who was behind Lana Lang with twisted glee and he clenches his teeth, “AND SHE CALLS OUT IN A LOUD VOICE FOR YOU SERGEI!” Freeze shouts, glaring at the gray haired scientist in his tux, trembling at his table while pointing his bazooka at him, “…the man who has profited from my research, pain and suffering LONG enough to withhold my love's cure – yes my Nora…she cries out for vengeance.” Freeze snarls, narrowing his red eyes as he places his finger on the cold metal trigger, “And I shall grant it!”

Suddenly appearing of thin air under the long nose barrel of Freeze ice-bazooka, Batman quickly stands up and pushes Freeze ice-bazooka up towards to the ceiling, causing a continuous bright white ice beam to shoot out and freeze the ceiling!

“NOOO!!” Freeze shouts as Batman struggles against Victor Freeze to keep his gun pointed up to the ceiling.

“EVERYONE OUT!” Batman hollers, causing everyone to stampede for the emergency exits as the entire frozen blue ceiling cracks and shatters apart like broken glass!

“NO!” Freeze shouts upon seeing everyone pile out the doors with Burgorski nowhere to be seen, "NO YOU MADE ME LOSE HIM!" Freeze shouts and swings Batman off from holding his bazooka, throwing him across the room and slamming up against the marble wall.

Groaning in pain as he slumps to the floor in a daze, Batman looks up to see where Freeze is but quickly moves his head as Freeze foot smashes through the wall, inches form his head! About to dive away, Batman bolts from Freeze but Batman is suddenly grabbed by his head by Freeze with one hand and is lifted clear off the floor!

Grinding his teeth in pain, Batman punches and kicks at him Freeze’s armored torso but Freeze simply narrows his red glowing eyes at Batman, “My Benefactah as upgraded my systems in anticipation of our crossing paths once more. Are you surprised at my strength Batman? My suit grants me many ADVANTAGES!”

“None of which stops you from talking so much!” Batman shouts while whipping out a concealed batarang, which glows bright orange with heat at its edges, and stabs it straight through his frosty glass dome helmet, causing cold nitrogen gas to spew out at the entry point!

“NOOOOOOOO! YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO ME!” Freeze shouts, dropping Batman to his knees as he staggers about. Gasping to breathe as gaseous nitrogen spews out his glass helmet like a broken pipe from the crack in his glass dome helmet, Mister Freeze glass dome fogs, obscuring his vision as he struggles to breathe.

“NOOO!!!” Freeze shouts again, firing his ice-bazooka wildly.

However as everyone races for the door, Batman catches sight of Lana Lang duck to the floor as Freeze ice-beam streaks over her, hits the wall and freezes it. As the freeze beam dissolves, Lana Lang looks behind her at the now blue colored cracking frozen wall that suddenly shatters like glass as a gust of wind sucks her out to the open air and falling down 40 flights tot he street.

Seeing this, Batman quickly races past Mr Freeze to the gaping hole and swan dives out the wall after Lana as Mr. Freeze turns around and shoots an ice-beam at him.

Diving out the exploded wall with an ice beam zipping over him in a near-miss,, Batman dives straight down the Kord Industries Tower's 40th floor and plummets straight down after Lana Lang free-falling to her death. Mister Freeze pulls out his smaller gun, yanks out the hot batarang, and freezes shut the crack in his dome helmet. Grinding his teeth, Freeze staggers to towards the gaping hole in the wall and leans out, aiming his freezer gun at Batman plummeting down the dizzying heights.

With the wind howling in the ears of his cowl, Batman streaks down towards the street at great speed while extending his hands out towards Lana Lang screaming at the top of her lungs as she reaches out for him with the street rapidly approaching them both.

"HEEELP MAAEEE!" Lana screams as Batman finally collides into Lana, grabs hold of her with both arms as she wraps her arms around him, but Batman quickly fans out his cape that spreads out in the harsh gusty wind, swooping them over the streets of Gotham like a bird towards residential buildings as Freeze ice beam hits the street behind them.

However, because of their speedy fall, Batman sees their gliding too fast to adequately control and quickly collapses his cape, curls himself around Lana as they drop onto a residential building rooftop, speedily roll across the gravelly surface before slamming into a brick wall in a flurry of dust.

Hearing him groan in pain but having shielded can cushioned her fall, Lana Lang, her hair windblown and wild, looks down at Batman's who holds her in his arms in complete shock,"Oh-uh, thah-thanks." she pants, out of breath as her heart seems to be near bursting through her chest the more she looks at Batman beneath her.

Feeling everything spinning, Batman presses the side of his cowl, retracting the white lens over his eyes and reveals his blue irises that stare up at the cold evening sky. Suddenly, through Batman sees the gorgeous red-head journalist from Metropolis, Lana Lang, leaning over him with great concern. Her eyes blue as a summer's day. Her hair wind blown but as red as joy. Her face riddled with dirt smudges, shock, concern and disbelief as she opens her mouth, in awe.

“Your not dead are you…” Lana gasps, “…you’re not dead oh thank gawd." she sighs in relief but looks at Batman in sheer disbelief, "You're real. YOU ARE real. You're, the Batman.”

Batman lets out a breath, mustering the strength to sit up, "No kidding." he grunts, while staggering to his feet but braces himself up against the brick wall, “You've got to get out of here.” he groans, trying to push past the pain radiating on his side.

"I-I gotta...Perry isn't going to believe this." Lana stammers on, in complete shock at the sight of Batman, “You-you...you're myth! How-..howt.”

"Behind me, rooftop door, get -"

Suddenly Batman collapses onto the wall as he stands on his feet, causing Lana to spring up and help him.

"OKAY you're not going anywhere! You need a hospital!"

"You' lil idiot!" Batman snarls, pushing her back as Lana looks at him in shock of his attitude. Batman grits his teeth, ready to say something but Lana sees Batman eyes shift to something behind her. Drawing in a deep breath through his nostrils, Batman sturdy himself on his two feet.

Forget it now." he grumbles.

Lana Lang looks over her shoulder and opens her eyes in shock at the sight of what Batman had been keeping his eye on as the distant plasma discharge from Freeze ice-bazooka fills her ears.

“What the...” Lana gasps in sheer disbelief at the sight of Mister Freeze using his ice-bazooka to create an ice-slide over the street. Sliding on it with an awkward ease, Freeze shoots his freezer gun in the air, creating an ice-slide that leads to their rooftop before quickly leaping off it's edge as it crumbles apart just as he lands on the rooftop with a thud!

Lana gulps but looks up in shock as Batman’s grits his bloodied teeth and positions himself protectively in front of her, "Stay behind me." Batman orders to Lana, who simply watches Batman's eyes gloss over white again from lens just over his eyes as he hunches over ready to fight it seems.

Trying to ignore the pain, Batman glares at Freeze having frozen shut the hole in his glass dome, while he discreetly keeping his cape over his body while pulling out of utility belt a small patch cloth under his cape.

“You keep getting in my way Batman!” Freeze shouts, his voice 'echoy' in his dome, "And what i have to do tonight, requires you 'out-of-the-way'."

“Whatever Black Mask has on you or is baiting you with, THIS ISN’T GOING TO WORK VICTOR!” Batman shouts, while under his cape he pulls off his glove and puts the patch on his backhand, hoping the pain-killers in patch form will dull the pain.

Freeze raises up his ice-bazooka at him, “HOW WOULD YOU KNOW WHAT WORKS FOR ME BATMAN!” he shouts, Batman quickly grabs Lana and dives away from where he stands as a white ice-beam hits the gravelly ground where Batman stood.

Landing on his feet, Batman bolts across the rooftop with Lana in his arms as Freeze fires his beam in a continuous attack, trying to hit them both. Diving behind a small telephone relay system box for that residential building, Batman pulls Lana under him, throwing his Kevlar lined cape over her as razor sharp icicles form over and on their left and right as they use the Telephone relay box as a shield.

Standing up and shattering the ice, Batman watches Freeze glare at him with his glowing red eyes as his bazooka powers down.

“Revenge Batman, is a dish best served cold.” Freeze says, pulling back on the pumping mechanism as if cocking a rifle before aiming it back at Batman once more, “A dish, you keep interfering with. And you have interfered with my plans for the last time Batman.”

Batman glances at Lana huddled behind the telephone relay box at his feet an, “Stay there!” he mumbles before pulling out three heated 'Batarangs' between his gloved fingers, "IS THAT WHAT NORA WOULD WANT VICTOR! KILLING MEN just to be with her?!"

“SILENCE!” Victor angrily shouts, his red eyes livid with anger, “WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW! TO NEVER AGAIN WALK ON A SUMMERS DAYS WITH THE HOT WIND IN YOUR FACE AND A WARM HAND TO HOLD, OH YES, WOULD YOU NOT KILL FOR FOR THAT!?!"

"THINK VICTOR!" Batman shouts, "This isn't something NORA would want you to do at any-"

"I believe..." Freeze interrupts, narrowing his red eyes as he clenches his teeth, “...that you Batman are the last person who would know what Nora would want!” he replies and lifts up his ice-bazooka to fire as Batman pulls back his gloved hands, holding three glowing orange batarang.

"FREEZE!" shouts a voice over a loud speaker as a bright spotlight suddenly shines down on Batman and Victor Freeze from an above hovering Helicopter, “THIS IS GOTHAM CITY TASK FORCE!”

Batman looks up at the helicopter and narrows his eyes at the sight of Jason Todd leaning out the helicopter, holding a loud-speaker to his mouth while three more helicopters raise up behind his chopper, “NOW PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN AND GET ON THE GROUND, BATMAN!”

To be continued.

26 Apr 2016, 07:26 #17

I've been too busy to write a new story, so I'm going to enter a chapter from one of my old stories...

28 Apr 2016, 09:23 #18

Marvel Star Wars - Prelude and Chapter One

Prelude

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…

The forest world of Latveria…

Darkness. Grand Admiral Edmund Trask made his way as swiftly as he could through it along the ancient fortress’ dimly lit corridors that lacked in artificial lighting. The only light was provided by moonlight from the planet’s single moon through large windows on his left that revealed a picturesque view of a mountain lake lined by an ancient forest and the rocky peaks of snow capped mountains.

Trask had no time to enjoy the view as he quickened his pace. The view was the least of his concern. Nor were the silently watching eyes of dozens of the fortress’s Imperial Guard on his right – over-sized stormtroopers in red plasteel armor standing guard along the wall every dozen meters or so. Trask couldn’t help wondering if they were actually droids. He had been to the Emperor’s fortress more than a few dozen times and never witnessed them move during any of the visits. Despite the battles and peril he had been in through his forty plus years in the Imperial Navy, he could not fathom why the Guard unnerved him so. Why did the most feared man in the Galaxy, the Emperor have need of such protection? Outside the fortress, the sky was filled with near silent TIE skimmers. Three battle stations orbited far above the planet’s surface and a hundred star destroyers were always stationed within a few minutes of hyperspace travel from Latveria. If anyone could penetrate those defenses and the fortress’s own automated anti-air batteries and anti-personnel turrets, its various traps, what need did he have in the Imperial Guard?

Besides, he knew of the Emperor’s hand to hand capabilities. He had seen far too many officers die literally at the hand of the galaxy’s Supreme Overlord. Certainly, the Guard had been deployed with some unfathomable psychological aspect to keep the fortress’s few visitors unnerved. Of course, the only reason for anyone to visit the fortress would be to see the Emperor himself. The Grand Admiral of the Galactic Imperial Navy could think of no other thing to be fearful than facing him.

After several minutes of walking the ancient corridor, Trask found himself at the end of his quick paced march. Standing before him were two doors standing well over three meters tall. The wooden doors seemed as ancient as the fortress, itself rumored to be as old as the defunct Republic that the Empire had replaced centuries earlier. To this day, it still puzzle him why the Emperor had chosen such a place and not had a brand new facility built.

As the Grand Admiral stood, the doors opened of their own accord. To this day, Trask couldn’t figure if there was some hidden mechanism that opened the doors, activated by a hand gesture, a verbal command or the press of the button or if the doors were opened telepathically by the Emperor, a self proclaimed Dark Lord of the Sith. The Grand Admiral guessed they were motorized, but he had seen far too many mysterious and insidious things in the galaxy during his lifetime to not doubt the Emperor wasn’t lacking in the ability to manipulate objects with his mind.

As the doors opened far enough, Trask entered through them. The room beyond the doors was large and sparsely furnished, it ceiling easily ten meters high. The room’s only illumination was provided by flickering lights of the few unoccupied sensor and data stations in the room and the dim moonlight streaming through the large window shaped in the Imperial Crest – a gear shaped icon that adorned most Imperial ships and uniforms. Silhouetted against the moonlight was the Emperor’s throne. Due to the darkness, Trask couldn’t tell if the chair was occupied, if it was facing him or the window. The question passed through his mind for a few uneasy, eternity sized moments. For the life of him, Edmund Trask, Grand Admiral of the Imperial Navy couldn’t recall if Imperial protocol dictated that he announce his presence or if the Emperor would acknowledge his. Making such a seemingly small error could have grave consequences when it came to the Emperor. Unconsciously, Trask swallowed nervously.

“Grand Admiral Trask,” a deep, slightly metallic voice quietly boomed from the chair.

The officer bowed, both relieved and unnerved at the same time. “Yes, my lord.”

“I am giving you a new assignment,” the sinister voice quietly spoke. “You are to personally take command of a new garrison on Muan-Hutta immediately. The details of your assignment will be given you as soon as you have settled in there.”

A garrison? Muan-Hutta? The Grand Admiral of the Imperial Navy shuddered as if someone had splashed cold water in his face. The command of a mere garrison? He knew he was above such things.

“You have knowledge of the world, don’t you Trask?” the Emperor asked.

“Y-yes, my lord,” Trask answered, mentally chastising himself for allowing himself to panic. “It is a small desert world in the Outer Rim, not too far from Naboo. It is in a region that has been dominated by the Hutts for several millennia. The Empire had established its presence in that part of the galaxy a few hundred years ago. Since our concerns have been with the more meaningful worlds of the inner galaxy, the Hutts remain in power but not in their former ‘glory’ - if one would call it that.”

“You feel that this assignment is beneath you,” the Emperor stated quietly.

Trask caught himself before responding too quickly to the question. He knew better than to test the Emperor’s ability to catch him in a lie. Perhaps the question was asked to test him. He knew answering incorrectly could easily spell his destruction.

“I…do, my lord.”

“Admiral Piett will fill your role during your assignment,” the Emperor stated. Trask could hear nothing threatening in his voice which relieved him.

“Admiral Piett is a very qualified…”

“Do not flatter him or try to make me believe that you are not threatened by the possibility that Piett may be a possible replacement for you, cretin,” the Emperor growled, his darkly robed silhouette rising from the chair. Trask took a quick small step backward even though the Emperor stood several meters away. He then realized that the Emperor had not been facing him in the darkened chair but had been facing the window, apparently taking in the view of the mountain lake in the moonlight.

“What you should be concerned about is fulfilling your duty on Muan-Hutta,” the Emperor said, his back still turned to him, stepping up to the window, his head covered in a hood and his long black cape billowing slightly as he walked. “If you fail in your tasks, I will have no other choice than to replace you with someone more dedicated. Your disdain for this assignment makes me question whether you will be up to the task.”

“You have my full allegiance and my full dedication to this project my lord,” Admiral Trask said, snapping to attention. “You have my word. My service to you is more important than what that service encompasses.”

“I have heard many similar simpering guarantees from many men like you, Grand Admiral,” the Emperor said turning to face him his gauntleted arms folded across his broad chest. “What I wish from you is not a repeat of their failures.” A black mask was visible in the moonlight underneath the hood of the cloak. Two blue eyes visibly glaring at him through eyeholes in the mask. The mask itself was human-like in appearance – a brow, eyeholes allowing the Emperor clear vision of his surroundings, a sharp nose and a mouth which almost looked as if it could open and close as the Emperor spoke but didn’t. Trask couldn’t fathom if the mask had some life support system built it supplying the tyrant with oxygen or if it were solely used to hide some form of disfigurement from those around him. Despite either possibility, the Grand Admiral knew better than to disappoint him.

“Do I make myself clear, Trask?” The Emperor’s eyes glared at him through the mask.

Trask quickly bowed. “Your wish and desires shall be granted Lord Doom.”

Chapter One

The outskirts of Mos Eisley, Muan-Hutta’s capital…

“Time to wake up, sleepy-head.”

Peter Parker awoke. His eyelids felt like a pair of overweight banthas were tied to them and holding them down. Even as he tried to open them, the lights in his bedroom seemed as bright as Muan-Hutta’s twin suns and provided his eyes another excuse to remain closed.

“Come on, Petey,” the same familiar voice said cheerfully as a hand mussed the hair on his head. “You don’t want to be late for your first day of school.”

“Oh, come on, Uncle Ben,” Peter grumbled, opening his eyes wide enough to see him, a man of about sixty years old with white hair and a short white beard. “It’s my first day of college, not kindergarten.”

“Of, course it is,” Uncle Ben said with a smile, sitting on the edge of his bed. “But even students of Muan-Hutta’s illustrious Empire State University require breakfast.”

“I made your favorite, Peter,” a friendly female voice from behind Ben Parker spoke up. “Wheat cakes.”

Peter sat up and looked over Ben’s shoulder.

“Good morning, May,” Peter said with a yawn and stretching before sniffing the air and smiling. “You make the best breakfast in the galaxy. I hope you know that.”

May tilted her head and lifted her hands. “Are you sure about that? Has there been research about my cooking posted on the Holonet that I’m not aware of?”

Ben and Peter laughed.

“It’s a joke, MA-1B9,” Ben said getting up and patting her on her gold colored metallic shoulder as he went to the dining room.

“I know…” the droid said as he wandered out of earshot. Turning to Peter, she continued.

“I know you were joking, Peter,” May explained. “Master Ben should know I understand both of your senses of humor.”

Peter got up and stretched. “There aren’t too many people on Muan-Hutta that understand us Parker men, May. That makes you one of a kind. Your wheat cakes make you even more one of a kind.”

“That doesn’t make any logical…” May began to say before Ben called out from the dining room.

“Hey, Pete! I’m going to eat all of your wheat cakes if you don’t move.”

May turned and began walking toward the dining room with Peter close behind.

“Ben Parker, you had better eat what I put on your plate or you’ll be making your own breakfast tomorrow,” the droid scolded. “I have done chemical analyses of your cooking before. Despite the amount of grease you put in it, it’s not even fit for lubricating my old joints. I guarantee you that my cooking is not only much more nutritional, but won’t send you to an early grave.”

Peter could tell she was joking, but she wasn’t far from the truth about her old joints. The old droid was favoring her right leg and there was a notable clicking sound above the sound of her servos when she moved it. It had only been twelve days since he had taken her knee apart and replaced a worn bearing.

As May and Peter entered the dining room, both he and Ben laughed even though Peter knew he’d have to service her again soon. If it was the bearing again, he knew it would be an expensive fix.

“Remind me after breakfast to take this old droid down to Anchorhead and have her memory wiped,” Ben chuckled. “She seems to have developed my sense of humor.”

Peter laughed as he sat down. “Sorry, Uncle Ben, but I’ve got to go to school.”

“A temporary reprieve!” MA-1B9 said throwing up her hands in feigned relief. Ben and Peter laughed again as they began eating their wheat cakes. Peter knew if she were able to, May would have been laughing with them. She had been his uncle’s droid since before he was born. Unlike other droids, she had a lot of self-will while still being as loyal to both of them as any well treated droid would be.

“Peter,” the droid said pouring syrup onto his wheat cakes. “We have new neighbors. A couple of young ladies that just moved here from Dantooine I believe but I might have gotten their accents wrong. One of them is a girl about your age who is visiting her aunt… I think. I mentioned to her that you don’t have a girlfriend, you were available and…”

“So, what classes are you taking, Peter?” Ben asked as May poured him a glass of milk from a pitcher, quickly changing the subject and giving Peter a knowing grin. Despite her good intentions, neither Ben nor Peter trusted in her abilities as a matchmaker, based on two incidents within the last few years involving Peter and two girls that Peter would rather forget…and move off planet somewhere.

“Physics 201, Elementary Binary Logical Processors 101, Galactic History 110, Huttese 301 and Galactic Artisans 100,” Peter responded before taking a bite of his breakfast.

“Galactic Artisans?” Ben asked in surprise. “Wow, now that sounds…fascinating.”

Peter put his fork down, visibly irritated, despite that he knew his uncle was only ribbing him.

“Uncle Ben…it’s an elective,” Peter explained. “I had to take it because the only other choice was Twi’lek Dance 100. Besides, you were talking about ancient artifacts from the time of the Old Republic not too long ago. Maybe that was one of the reasons why I took it for my first semester. I’ve been over Muan-Hutta’s Empire State University catalog ten times and I don’t think its core curriculum is for me, let alone its poor choice of electives. I’ve put in my application for the Academy for the next semester.”

Ben gave May a glance then looked at Peter who had just revealed a frustration that he had not been aware of.

“You know that’s going to start right at the end of this growing season. You know I’m not going to be able to handle it by myself, especially if another moisture vaporator acts up. I know you’re longing to further your education and that there’s not much here on Muan-Hutta, but I need you, Peter. Sometimes life isn’t about what we want. We all get handed a Pazaak deck that’s not going do us much good if we set our goals too high, too fast. Sometimes it takes time. You’ve got a gift with that mind of yours and I think you’re quite capable of doing great things with it. Yes, I think it and your talents would be wasted here, but you have more to consider than that.”

Peter frowned. “What are you saying, Uncle Ben? I should throw away my dreams? Let my education pass by the wayside while we try to keep a moisture farm from failing?”

Ben closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “No, Peter. The last thing I would want is for you to waste your talents and let a promising future go by the wayside. You have to consider though that that moisture farm is all that is keeping us from starving. It’s also providing fresh fruits and vegetables to our neighbors. If I had my way, we would give it to them for free.”

“For free?” Peter asked. “Uncle Ben…I know what you’re saying, but we need that income as much as we need the crops to keep us going.”

Ben sighed. “I did say, ‘if I had my way’, didn’t I? Peter, if I had my way, Muan-Hutta would be a tropical paradise, May could run on your school’s track team and our neighbors could have free fruits and vegetables to eat every day. But that’s not what’s been dealt in our deck. When things aren’t perfect, we need to stand strong and take responsibility. That’s what this is all about, Peter: responsibility. Responsibility most of the time means putting other things above ourselves.”

Peter took a last bite of his wheat cakes and stared at his empty plate.

“Maybe Biggs was right,” Peter said getting up from the table. “Living on Muan-Hutta’s like living in a sand trap. The more you struggle in it, the more it’s going to drag you down.”

“Peter…” Ben started to say as Peter left the dining room.

“Don’t blame him or yourself, Ben,” May said putting a hand on his shoulder. “He has to find his own way.”

Ben smiled at the old droid and nodded before giving a worried look at the empty dining room doorway that Peter left through.

---

A few hours later, Peter had arrived at Empire State University to start his classes. Peter’s second class was Galactic Artisans and the class’s instructor, Dr. Liansby - a short and chubby man as tall as Peter’s shoulder, had decided to introduce them to the topic by taking them to one of Mos Eisley’s main landing ports – a coliseum shaped structure about 100 meters in diameter. Four ships were parked within its twenty meter high walls.

“The ship we have interest in today, class, is the Misty Morning, and its captain was kind enough to let us have a look at its cargo before it’s taken to a local museum,” Dr. Linasby said.

Peter stood among a crowd of student’s of various species looking around at an array of statues on the tarmac in between the freighter and another parked next to it and looked like they were made of clay, mud and who knew what else. The statues were primitive representations of various animals and what looked like three armed creatures with bows, arrows and spears. At closer inspection, the third “arm” on top of each of the statue hunter’s shoulders seemed to actually be its head. The lack of distinction seemed to be more fault of the statues’ artist than the characteristics of the species the statues were based on.

“Now, please examine these works of art, creations of the late Puliru artist, Naasit Clublees,” Dr. Liansby instructed. “Your first assignment is to find a common link between the pieces, each a representation of three of his artistic periods.”

“I know what the link is,” one of the other students near Peter said under his breath. “They look like pieces of junk.”

A few of the students around the jokester, including Peter chuckled. Peter turned to see a taller, tough looking human with a pretty blonde girl on his arm. When Peter had turned, she turned to look back at him with a big smile on his face.

The jokester noticed Peter looking at his girl and gave him a threatening look. “What you looking at, mud face?”

“Oh, I just thought what you said was…”

“Who asked you what your opinion is?” the jokester growled.

“Flash, be nice,” the girl on his arm said, placing a hand gently on his chest then looking back at Peter. “Hey, Flash is having a get together tonight. There will be a lot of food, music and a lot of cool people. How would you like to come?”

Flash and the girl grinned at him.

“Uh, sure…”

The girl’s grin disappeared. “I said cool people. That means that even though you would like to come, you can’t. So bug off, mud boy. A couple of sun-scorched Jawas would be better to have around than one of you. ”

Flash gave Peter a sinister smile. “Why don’t you go look at more of these things somewhere else? We really don’t like your company. See if you can find a couple of Jawas or something.”

Peter stood silently noticing about eight angry faces of his classmates, Flash’s friends, scowling at him.

“Sure,” Peter said with a non-threatening smile and turned away. Behind his back, he heard a few “mud boy” comments and something about Jawas beating him up. Peter did his best to shrug it off and focused on the artwork. As best as he could, trying to find any interesting details about the statues seemed impossible especially with the “mud boy” comments echoing in his ears.

As he continued to walk from one to another, he noticed that a large, ornately carved pottery vase was set slightly apart from the statues sitting next to a box. Unlike the statues, the vase looked much more interesting and appeared to have much more artistic talent behind its creation than the statues.

Ah! Different periods,” Peter thought to himself noticing six other similar vases set apart from the statues close to where the other freighter, a sleek but battered black ship was parked. “This is what Dr. Liansby must have been talking about.”

As Peter examined them, he could easily see pictograms and lettering from a language he didn’t recognize carved onto the vases. As hard as he could, he couldn’t see the connection to the statues.

Movement.

Peter noticed something move behind the first vase. Curiously, he looked around the vase and noticed a web. On the web was a spider about half the size of his palm. He didn’t recognize the type of spider. Muan-Hutta had a few types that he knew of but they were smaller and were white.

“Hello, little guy,” Peter said with a grin watching the red and blue colored spider carefully weave its web. Curiously, he noticed that the spider’s webbing was coming from the end of its legs and not from a typical spinneret at the back of its abdomen.

“Can I help you, young man?” a voice asked, nearly causing Peter to jump out of his shoes. Peter turned suddenly, nearly losing his balance and placing his hand on top of the vase to steady his self. As he turned, he noticed that the voice had come from a Wookie.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I was looking at the artwork,” Peter said, curiously noticing that the Wookie’s fur was blue. Inwardly he wondered if it was due to being dyed that way or if it was natural.

The Wookie stared at him for a few moments then pointed over his shoulder. “I take it that you’re part of that group of students looking at those statues next to the other freighter. I’m afraid that these pieces are not part of the same collection.”

Peter winced. “Oops. Sorry. I guess I wandered…um, excuse me for asking, but I don’t think I ever heard of a Wookie that could speak basic before.”

The Wookie smiled. “That’s because I’m not a Wookie, young man, though I agree that Wookies do have vocal chords incapable of enunciating Basic.”

“Okay, now I think I’ll stop opening my mouth because whatever I say seems to keep getting me in trouble,” Peter said closing his eyes and shaking his head. “Sorry for calling you a Wookie.”

“Oh, don’t feel so bad,” the creature said. “It’s a common mistake and I took no offense to it. My name is Hank Makkoy and I’m a member of a small race from the other side of the galaxy you’ve probably never heard of.”

“Peter Parker, sir. A human being with a foot planted perpetually in his mouth,” he responded with relief and an extended hand that Hank shook. “Pleased to meet you.”

“Likewise,” the blue furred creature replied back.

“Hey, Hank!” another voice called out from the inside of the black ship through its open ramp.

“That would be Wohl Varin, my friend and the Black Falcon’s captain,” Hank said with a smile.

“Its Nubian, isn’t it?” Peter asked, looking at the ship. “It looks like its seen better days.”

“Oh, don’t be so taken in by looks, Mr. Parker,” Hank replied. “It’s quite a ship. Wohl takes great pride in it and would…”

“Hank!” a human yelled coming down the ship’s ramp followed by an Imperial officer. The human had dark hair, a short dark beard lacking in a mustache and wore a white shirt and black uniform slacks complete with a red stripe down each pant leg. The Imperial officer looked bored.

“Would ya stop yakkin’ with that kid and give me a hand?” Wohl continued his complaint. “You do recall that we’re being inspected, don’t you? Make yourself useful and help me bring out some of this heavier gear.”

Hank turned to Peter and bowed. “Mr. Parker, it’s been a pleasure.”

“Same here, Mr. Makkoy,” Peter bowed back with a grin. Turning, he walked as quickly and nonchalantly back to the other freighter, hoping no one had noticed he had accidentally wandered off.

Once he returned back, he began looking at the statues again, careful to avoid Flash and his entourage.

“Mr. Parker,” Dr. Liansby said loud enough for everyone to hear. “Now, I can see that you’ve been studying this artwork intently. What can you tell us all about it?”

Peter looked at the instructor, not sure whether he was singling him out because he had wandered away or not. Peter smiled.

“Well…uh, the hunter’s heads look like arms,” Peter said squeamishly.

Dr. Liansby looked around at the other students. “Who else has noticed this?”

No one responded. Peter immediately guessed that he had answered incorrectly.

“It is amazing that no one else could see this,” the instructor said. “Mr. Parker is correct. I hope that the rest of you follow his example of paying attention to detail. Now, can anyone tell me the significance of the Pulati hunters having arms instead of heads?”

Peter immediately noticed that the rest of the students were looking at him including Flash and his friends. He quickly looked away from Flash, noticing a cute looking red haired human girl and a female Mon Calamari looking at him making the hair on the back of his head seem to stand on end. He turned and looked away in embarrassment and began to realize that his hair was moving…something was crawling in it. Quickly, he reached up and tried to brush whatever it was out only to have something sharp stab him in the back of the hand.

“Yah…” Peter started to yelp in pain but stifled it, not trying to make himself more of a spectacle. Looking around, no one seemed to have noticed as they were looking at the statues as Dr. Liansby continued to talk. Pulling his hand down, he noticed what had bitten him – the spider that had been spinning the web next to one of the vases. The creature was now sitting on the back of his hand, its small fangs still embedded in his skin.

A million things began to go through his mind, the biggest was that this alien spider, an unwelcomed guest on a freighter from some awful world, was poisonous and that his life was now in danger. Carefully, with his other hand, he took a hold of the spider’s abdomen and pulled the spider off of the hand it had bitten. Almost immediately, its legs curled up and trembled for a moment before the spider became still.

“It’s dead,” Peter realized quietly to himself, holding the spider in his palm for a moment. Maybe, the bite was more toxic to the spider than it was to him. Curiously, he watched the thing as it sat in his palm when suddenly it seemed to fade right out of existence.

“Mr. Parker? Mr. Parker?”

Peter looked up suddenly, realizing everyone was looking at him again.

“Yeah?” Peter asked, looking at Dr. Liansby. Everyone laughed.

“I asked you a question,” the instructor said. “I’m taking it that you don’t have the answer this time.”

Peter smiled sheepishly, holding his hands behind his back and shaking his head.

“Of course you don’t,” Dr. Liansby said and looking at the other students. “Anyone else? No? Well the answer would be Mon Puliru, the home of the late Naasit Clublees. Now, gather around and take a look here at this particular piece. I want to show you one of the trademark features of his artwork that you might have missed.”

The other students gathered around the instructor and Peter quickly looked at the back of his hand. There definitely was a red welt where the spider had bit him. Where did the spider go? Peter knelt down and began searching the landing port’s tarmac for signs of the creature. When he couldn’t find any trace of it, he carefully looked under the bottom of his shoes. Nothing. If Peter were to become ill from the bite, he would need the spider to show to the medical droids that treated him so they could analyze it, come up with an anti-venom and possibly save his life.

Why did he think it just faded away? Peter worriedly wondered if he was becoming delusional as a result of the bite or if he was seeing things due to panic.

“And now, we’ll return to the university where we will discuss post Republic existentialism and its impact on sculptors such as the late Naasit Clublees. That includes you, Mr. Parker. What’s wrong? Have you lost something?”

Peter looked at the ground then at Dr. Liansby and the other students as they again were staring at him.

“No, I’m fine,” Peter said and joined the other students as they followed the instructor back to the university’s transport. Silently, he hoped he wouldn’t get sick and have to go to the school’s medical droid.

28 Apr 2016, 21:05 #19

Entry portion of this contest is closed. Voting is now underway. Here are this month's entries:

The War Comes Tomorrow... - Ewkada
Hell Spawn, Chapter 3 - Magneta
Peter Pan and the Pirates - The Woman's Spirit - Eternal Nightmare
Ultimate Batman, Under the Cold Sun - part 2 - silverspidey4ever
Marvel Star Wars: Prelude and Chapter One - Big Thunder

Voting ends at 11:59 EST on April 30. Each voter can vote for 2 stories.

30 Apr 2016, 14:32 #20

Waiting on one more entrant! Voting ends at midnight (EST)!

01 May 2016, 08:26 #21

And now, the votes are in. Here are the results:

Marvel Star Wars: Prelude and Chapter One - Big Thunder - 4 votes
Peter Pan and the Pirates - The Woman's Spirit - Eternal Nightmare - 3 votes
The War Comes Tomorrow... - Ewkada - 1 vote
Hell Spawn, Chapter 3 - Magneta - 1 vote

(Ultimate Batman, Under the Cold Sun - part 2 - silverspidey4ever - 3 votes, but failed to vote)

Winner - Marvel Star Wars: Prelude and Chapter One - Big Thunder - 4 votes

This could have turned out differently if we had all entrant voting in. I had to ask one outside voter to submit a second vote after he only submitted a vote for one story.

Votes came from 4 entrants and two outside readers.

Thanks go out to Redsledge and Doc Omega for reading and voting.

Doc Omega
Living Tribunal
Doc Omega
Living Tribunal

01 May 2016, 12:20 #22

Congrats BT

Eternal Nightmare
Celestial

01 May 2016, 13:28 #23

Congrats BT.

Thanks to the people who submitted votes for my Peter Pan story.

Redsledge
Kree

01 May 2016, 16:54 #24

Congrats Thunder!

@ eternal nightmare: i loved the show Peter Pan and the Pirates as a child. Your story took me back. It was a fun read.
One of the worlds greatest pleasures is secret knowledge. Things you learn that your peers don't know, or imagine you know. Its the lifetime batting average of every member of the Yankees, stats of Desert Storm, or the names and home-worlds of legions of Superheroes. Commit this knowledge to memory, and you can speak the private language of those who have approached this with equal dedication.

The will of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death - Musashi

PS4: Redsledge
Xbox1: RedsledgeBLU

01 May 2016, 17:33 #25

Eternal Nightmare @ May 1 2016, 09:28 AM wrote: Congrats BT.

Thanks to the people who submitted votes for my Peter Pan story.
Thanks. It was a 3-way tie for a little bit. Good job on your story.