2017 Mega Class Mix Draft

You feel you can logically defend the idea of Eyescream defeating Superman then this is the place to do it.

Moderators: Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer, Foxy Shazam, jaxthejester, Tavern Master Brewer

2017 Mega Class Mix Draft

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

18 Sep 2017, 05:05 #1

It's time to kick off the 2017 Mega Class Draft!!

Basic Match and Draft Rules:

Each Team Must Consist Of:

3 - Class 13 picks
2 - Class 12 picks

* We are not excluding prior-picked picks. Pick what you like.
* Scoring Cards to be debuted (see below). By playing, you are agreeing to Vote in every match and to give the Score Cards a try. You'll be able to copy and paste them from below, just fill in 5 single digit numbers. Super easy, and super required. No lazy bums! [spanky]
* No characters that are impossible to damage. They must be K.O.-able in some way.
* No powers that are impossible to defend against. This includes anything that would insta-kill or insta-K.O. a Class 12 or Class 13 foe.
• Only 2 Offensive Mind-Fuckers per team. This includes Telepathic blasting/control/mental illusions, magical compulsion, chemical or Tech effects that simulate said effects, etc. - regardless of source, you get two offensive designates that can mess with the other team's mind. You can have an unlimited number of Defensive telepaths (mind linkers, protectors, etc.).
* No Time Manipulation.
* Pre-vetted Picks are STRONGLY recommended. None listed picks will be held to strong scrutiny and must pass a 4+ Yes-Vote majority. This will slow down the draft, so pre-Vetting is highly appreciated.
• No Prep Time. Characters are limited to their own knowledge of opponent characters and basic knowledge of team-mate powers.
• Morality is on. All characters act and fight "in character." All characters are motivated to win. Team members may not get along, but they will not attack each other unless absolutely necessary to defend their own moral compass, and they will attempt to work towards the mutual goal of victory (independently if necessary and within the accord of their own moral compasses). They may or may not allow actions to occur that are opposed to their morality (i.e. Captain America isn't going to stand by while Deadpool sprays bullets at good guys, etc.). Keep this in mind when building your team.
• Win by only K.O., Death, or Surrender. No BFRing.
• No leaving the Battle Arena. Characters move around the limits of the map and up to a maximum of 3,000 feet in the air. This is higher than the tallest building in recorded history just for reference.
• Standard Gear. No sharing of gear between team members. No giving other members "bits" of your body to use as weapons, or other such effects that are contrary to the primary rule.
• Anyone can post questions or comments during the match, but the characters in the matches act OF THEIR OWN VOLITION, or under the guidance of team leaders if applicable. Tactics posts may be used, but under the understanding that they are presented as "probable actions" based on your team build. You will need to defend the likeliness of said tactics.
• Voting may commence immediately, standard vs. forum rules apply. All votes must be accompanied by a copied and pasted score card.

• Have fun and be respectful of each other. ;hug;

We only had one Vote on the Battlefield, so that's what I'm going with. The Battlefield is as follows:

Gotham City - Late Afternoon
----------------------------------

* The weather is overcast, late afternoon. There is sufficient sunlight to recharge solar powers in the open areas (sky, roof-tops, open street); however, the areas around buildings and in alleys are heavily shaded and gloomy enough to safely house characters that are vulnerable to sunlight (great for vampires and stealth).
* All typical modern Urban elements are present. There is power active and utilities active in all buildings. There is a subway system in place, sewers, and small parks. There are no human bystanders, but there is typical urban animal life and animal life specific to DCU Gotham City.
* The portion of usable Gotham includes the city scape noted above, bordering the ocean harbor. There are a limited supply of boats and typical harbor items.
* The borders of the map are: 3 Square Miles of impenetrable Force Field bubble, covering 1 mile of harbor/water and 2 miles of city bordering the harbor. The force shield is a giant Box Shape that extends up to 3,000 square feet high (several hundred feet higher than the tallest skyscraper). The force barrier allows for teleportation of items into the barriers (i.e. yes, you can summon minions), but it blocks any and all attempts to leave the battlefield. Teleportation via dimension hopping is allowed, but it must be immediate effect - no camping. The force bubble likewise extends 3,000 feet below sea level, allowing for tunneling and use of subway features or deep water features.
* Teams start on opposite sides of the city, approximately half a mile from the harbor.

THE TEAMS:

(To be added as the draft progresses)

Iron Spider
Hulkster
Jax
Thinkerer
Foxy
Mr. Awesome
Doc
Salmandini
An Ri Leon
Red

Good luck and Happy Drafting!

[happy]

SCORE CARD

* Copy and Paste this with your Votes in each Match:

Voter's Scorecard
--------------------
Leadership (1-5):
Teamwork (1-5):
Power Levels (1-5):
Match Trumps (1-5):
X-Factors (1-5):

Total:

* Here is a breakdown of what they represent and how to use this:

1. All you do is assign a number to each category. No justification needed; no commentary required.
2. It'll take less than a minute. These are all basic things we consider in every match already, we'd just be sharing the simplest parts with the players to help them build better; and if you're of the "flip a coin" mindset, you get something better to vote off of.
3. You do not have to vote the cards. Your vote is your vote; you alone pick your winner. But this at least gives a very basic, very minimal "something" to the players to help them know if they should change things up with their next team build. It's simple but potentially really helpful.

Here's a breakdown of the categories:

Leadership - is any play calling that is like to occur on your team from any source.
Teamwork - is how well your picks work together and play off of each other (synergy).
Power Levels - is how powerful you think each team is.
Match Trumps - is which team likely wins the 1x1 matches in your mind. (I.E. Which team has best Rock, Paper, Scissor match-ups against the other picks).
X-Factors - is how much/many game changing "it" factors the team has. (I.E. Game Changing powers, Buffs/Debuffs, Weird Useful Stuff, etc).

[patriot!]

The Teams:

Iron Spider
13 - Silver Surfer
13 - Sentry
13 - Kyler Rayner
12 - Scarlet Witch
12 - Saint Walker

thehulkster94
13 - Lady Death
13 - Solar
13 - Infinity Man
12 - Zatanna
12 - Toyo Harada

jaxthejester
13 - Flash (Wally West)
13 - Ghost Rider (Blaze/Zarathos)
13 - Doctor Strange
12 - Spawn (Second Age)
12 - Linda Danvers

Thinkerer
13 - Brimstone
13 - Godzilla
13 - Terminus
12 - Blackheart
12 - High Evolutionary

Foxy Shazam
13 - Superman
13 - Hulk (Green Scar)
13 - Genis-Vell
12 - Manchester Black
12 - Jack Hawksmoor

Mr. Awesome
13 - Thor
13 - Batman - Hellbat
13 - Supreme
12 - Beta Ray Bill
12 - Cassandra Nova

Doc Omega
13 - Blue Marvel
13 - Orion
13 - Captain Atom
12 - He-Man
12 - Aquaman with Waterbearer Hand and Trident of Poseidon

salmandini67
13 - Sinestro
13 - Professor Zoom
13 - Black Adam
12 - Doctor Doom
12 - Magneto

An Ri Leon
13 - Doomsday
13 - Circe
13 - Etrigan
12 - Evil Raven
12 - Lobo

Redsledge
13 - Mr. Majestic
13 - Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson)
13 - Maestro
12 - Nova Prime
12 - Quasar
When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

18 Sep 2017, 05:15 #2

Iron Spider is up!
When all other factors and possibilities have been eliminated from the equation; Whatever remains, regardless of how improbable it may be, is inevitably the truth.

18 Sep 2017, 05:22 #3

Guess I'll kick this thing off without delay. Gotham isn't gonna be the same after this shit...

Pick #1
Class 13

Silver Surfer

Good luck everyone!
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/330/d/b/iron_spider_suiting_up_animation_by_z_studios-d5mb1l8.gif[/img]

[img]http://s26.postimg.org/4nmacq3kp/Professor_Zoom_runs.gif[/img]

18 Sep 2017, 05:32 #4

Level 13 Pick

Lady Death (with scythe)

Check out the Outstanding Fan Fic section. We re-envision some of your favorite Marvel characters, and maybe some that you have never heard about:Outstanding Fan Fiction

Now introducing Ask Hulkster Anyting! The place where you can ask all of your burning questions and I guarantee an answer.

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

18 Sep 2017, 05:35 #5

NOOOOOOOOOO

18 Sep 2017, 05:35 #6

Mr. Awesome @ Sep 17 2017, 10:35 PM wrote: NOOOOOOOOOO

[smooth;
Check out the Outstanding Fan Fic section. We re-envision some of your favorite Marvel characters, and maybe some that you have never heard about:Outstanding Fan Fiction

Now introducing Ask Hulkster Anyting! The place where you can ask all of your burning questions and I guarantee an answer.

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

18 Sep 2017, 05:37 #7

I've picked her as my level 12 before. This time I was finally going to use her at full power and pick her at 13 AND YOU FUCKED THAT UP. :mad: :wall: :overreact:

18 Sep 2017, 05:43 #8

Mr. Awesome @ Sep 17 2017, 10:37 PM wrote: I've picked her as my level 12 before. This time I was finally going to use her at full power and pick her at 13 AND YOU FUCKED THAT UP. :mad: :wall: :overreact:
I considered her at 13, but I didn't really have many 12s that I wanted, so I figured I'd take her there, and I figured someone would be going for her, too much has been shown off for her to not be taken relatively early.

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

18 Sep 2017, 05:46 #9

I highly recommend using her at 13. As long as she has that scythe she can undo almost anything. It makes her 100% safe from any kind of transmutation.

18 Sep 2017, 05:48 #10

Hmm. I guess I don't have all my 13s planned out, so I guess I'll try it if no one minds.

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

18 Sep 2017, 05:48 #11

Still a great pick though. :cry:

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

18 Sep 2017, 05:50 #12

Jax is up.

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

18 Sep 2017, 05:51 #13

My pick will come up tomorrow. I have to rethink my team now.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

18 Sep 2017, 05:55 #14

Class 13 - Wally West (The Flash)

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

18 Sep 2017, 05:56 #15

Never got to use him in our very first tourney. He was my first pick waaaay back in 2013 too. :grin:

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

18 Sep 2017, 05:56 #16

Thinkerer is up!

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

18 Sep 2017, 05:57 #17

Mr. Awesome @ Sep 17 2017, 09:51 PM wrote: My pick will come up tomorrow. I have to rethink my team now.
I have an idea for you. A bit cutting edge, but close your eyes and follow the vision. I'm thinking:

Mainstream Good Guys, consisting of established Marvel and DCU icons.

...no one will see it coming. :yes:

18 Sep 2017, 06:00 #18

jaxthejester @ Sep 17 2017, 10:57 PM wrote:
Mr. Awesome @ Sep 17 2017, 09:51 PM wrote: My pick will come up tomorrow. I have to rethink my team now.
I have an idea for you. A bit cutting edge, but close your eyes and follow the vision. I'm thinking:

[ban]

18 Sep 2017, 06:01 #19

jaxthejester @ Sep 17 2017, 11:56 PM wrote: Never got to use him in our very first tourney. He was my first pick waaaay back in 2013 too. :grin:
Your team back then was probably the best of them. I've always felt I only won that tourney cause you dropped out to run it. IIRC, I've already snagged one of your picks from back then as well.

Wally is a great pick. Be sure to look at some of his newer stuff post Rebirth as well.
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/330/d/b/iron_spider_suiting_up_animation_by_z_studios-d5mb1l8.gif[/img]

[img]http://s26.postimg.org/4nmacq3kp/Professor_Zoom_runs.gif[/img]

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

18 Sep 2017, 06:01 #20

jaxthejester @ Sep 18 2017, 01:57 AM wrote:

:lol3: I'll have some of those too.

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

18 Sep 2017, 06:03 #21

Iron_Spider @ Sep 18 2017, 02:01 AM wrote:
jaxthejester @ Sep 17 2017, 11:56 PM wrote: Never got to use him in our very first tourney. He was my first pick waaaay back in 2013 too.  :grin:
Your team back then was probably the best of them. I've always felt I only won that tourney cause you dropped out to run it. IIRC, I've already snagged one of your picks from back then as well.
You're both lucky we were using a debate style draft there and I was new to that shit. :karate stick:

18 Sep 2017, 06:03 #22

Mr. Awesome @ Sep 17 2017, 11:01 PM wrote:
jaxthejester @ Sep 18 2017, 01:57 AM wrote:

I might have one of those as well.

jaxthejester
Cosmic Being
jaxthejester
Cosmic Being

18 Sep 2017, 06:56 #23

thehulkster94 @ Sep 17 2017, 10:03 PM wrote:
Mr. Awesome @ Sep 17 2017, 11:01 PM wrote:
jaxthejester @ Sep 18 2017, 01:57 AM wrote: I have an idea for you. A bit cutting edge, but close your eyes and follow the vision. I'm thinking:

I might have one of those as well.
Wally is my only one. After that, I'm going 100% murdering monsters. My team build is just Wally running around trying to save the other team while crying to himself.

Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal
Mr. Awesome
Living Tribunal

18 Sep 2017, 09:20 #24

Thinkerer is up.

Thinkerer
Kree

18 Sep 2017, 13:31 #25

I'm just gonna go with characters never selected before.

Proteus - Lvl 12