Don't Torture A Duckling

Don't Torture A Duckling

Andrew King
Mobian

18 May 2016, 14:30 #1

Blu-ray.com has up some specs for the big box release of Lucio Fulci's 'Don't Torture A Duckling' Blu-ray release in a limited edition, I believe there is also a Media book smaller edition slightly cheaper - both limited numbers (got mine from Amazon.de - the large one, of course!).
Apparently no USA release planned (?) due to poor sales of the DVD (?) back in the day, and any UK release would be cut probably.
Picture caps comparison here
Reminds me of the old 'Book Of The Dead' edition packaging.

Kim Greene
Mobian

26 Dec 2016, 16:42 #2

KILL, BABY, KILL aka OPERAZIONE PAURA aka CURSE OF THE LIVING DEAD (1966)----directed by Mario Bava (who was also one of the screenwriters) this dark tale of the supernatural tells the story of a small rural town under a strange curse from a dead girl----people keep popping up dead for some strange reason. A Dr. Eswai (Giacomo Rossi-Stuart, THE LAST MAN ON EARTH) is called in to do the autopsies along with his assistant (Erika Blanc.) They get some help from the local witch (Fabienne Dali) to help solve the case. A lot of Bava's films have been described as looking really luscious, and this one's no exception--it looks really beautiful. There's also a weird, surreal scene in which the doctor winds up chasing his own reflection through a house. and other weird things that take place. The actress portraying the witch (Dali) brings a genuinely mysterious and enigmatic presence to the role, and I liked the fact that she didn't turn out to be the villain. Liked this one, since it was different, and it looked great. Here's a look at it here:

Kill,Baby, Kill (1966)