Forum rules
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater [center] [img]http://z1.ifrm.com/2/163/0/f5001018/MGS3header2.png [/img] [/center]

The first time you saw The End during Virtuous Mission...

Psajdak
Light Infantry
Light Infantry
Psajdak
Light Infantry
Light Infantry

November 15th, 2017, 12:16 am #1

Did you expect there will be the most amazing sniper boss fight in series with him?

I didn't...

Seriously, first time experiencing him is something beautiful...
Validated after 4 years.

Ef9 o shea
MGSF Patriot
MGSF Patriot

November 15th, 2017, 9:53 am #2

I thought he would be a weird ass boas fight when i first saw him

TheGoodGuy
Light Infantry
Light Infantry
TheGoodGuy
Light Infantry
Light Infantry

November 15th, 2017, 10:46 pm #3

It was interesting going through more than one area to fight him, to think that I was also struggling to find him, a man who's at least a hundred years old, old age means nothing in this series.

Doakes
MGSF Philosopher
MGSF Philosopher

November 16th, 2017, 5:52 pm #4

The End was a fantastic boss fight, one that takes full advantage of stealth and sneaking around during a fight instead of just all out shooting. The scope of his boss arena and the act of hunting him down and finding him is always a rewarding and enjoyable experience from start to finish, and made even more challenging if you try to take him down non lethally.

That said, I still personally prefer both The Fury and The Boss over him, simply because there's actual risk of death during that fight. It could just be me, but the instant I realized that The End shooting me just boils down to an inconvenience for than anything else killed a lot of tension I felt the very first time I played this fight. I was only ever shot from behind and captured the very first time I played MGS3.

Khun
Light Infantry
Light Infantry
Khun
Light Infantry
Light Infantry

November 17th, 2017, 10:37 am #5

wrote:That said, I still personally prefer both The Fury and The Boss over him, simply because there's actual risk of death during that fight
You are right. But I think it does make sense because The Cobra Unit was supposed to "help" Snake.

solidsnoop29
Hi-Tech Soldier
Hi-Tech Soldier

November 17th, 2017, 6:22 pm #6

As much as MGS have the best boss fights out of any game series, The End was indeed fascinating. It was really good. The atmosphere, the thrill and the fear of being watched.

It was genius!

"This world will become one - I have found the way. Race, Tribal affiliations, National borders. Even our faces will be irrelevant. The world that The Boss envisioned will finally become a reality. And it will make mankind whole again...".

V HAS COME TO

Meme x Gene X Scene

MetalGearfan4ever
Jail Guard
Jail Guard

December 10th, 2017, 8:25 pm #7

The End is the best Sniper Boss Ever :thumb:

solidsnoop29
Hi-Tech Soldier
Hi-Tech Soldier

December 11th, 2017, 10:23 am #8

I've never seen a game with awesome innovative Boss battles.
MGS3 was one of those games.
I just hope there was more background to his story. All we got was that he was part of COBRA UNIT back in World Wars.
But the gameplay was really awesome. The way that everything is silent, and all you hear is vultures or other wildlife along with The End breathing heavily.

"This world will become one - I have found the way. Race, Tribal affiliations, National borders. Even our faces will be irrelevant. The world that The Boss envisioned will finally become a reality. And it will make mankind whole again...".

V HAS COME TO

Meme x Gene X Scene

MetalGearfan4ever
Jail Guard
Jail Guard

December 11th, 2017, 2:25 pm #9

there should be a game about THE BOSS.

To4oo4
Jail Guard
Jail Guard

January 5th, 2018, 12:04 am #10

MetalGearfan4ever wrote:there should be a game about THE BOSS.
Oh my god yes that would be so fun.
How would they work around the Patriot though?
~T2