Forum rules
Death Stranding [center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/YBFQjFP.jpg [/img] [/center]

Release date Speculation

Zan Datsu
Tengu Commando
Tengu Commando

January 10th, 2017, 11:02 am #1

At Tokyo Game Show, Kojima Productions confirmed that there is a set release date and that we would see it released "Before the Tokyo Olympic games", which are slated to begin in the summer of 2020. To go a little further, there is a movie called Akira, and it will be out before the year in which Akira is set. The anime movie Akira was set in 2019

So before Akira would peg Death Stranding release date at sometime during 2018.

What You think?
The Departed
wrote:Until that diamond nipple awesome game is ever created, all we can do is dream that one day, an MG1 remake happens

big_boss1988
Covert Taskforce Member
Covert Taskforce Member

January 10th, 2017, 2:00 pm #2

Fall 2018 is as close as it gets.

FedericoBorrelli
Light Infantry
Light Infantry

January 10th, 2017, 2:58 pm #3

They must be really early on the development cycle, I expect the game to come out in 2 or 3 years at the earliest.

The Departed
MGSF Patriot
MGSF Patriot

January 10th, 2017, 5:30 pm #4

knowing kojima, i'd wager 2018 is the goal, and 2019 is the 'settle date.'
Dirty Duck wrote:Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(
[+] Spoiler
r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

big_boss1988
Covert Taskforce Member
Covert Taskforce Member

January 10th, 2017, 7:34 pm #5

It would be hilarious if Konami decides to release MGS6 the same time as DS. XD

CIN
Light Infantry
Light Infantry
CIN
Light Infantry
Light Infantry

January 10th, 2017, 7:42 pm #6

Q4 2018 is probably the most optimistic scenario.

Commodus
Jail Guard
Jail Guard
Commodus
Jail Guard
Jail Guard

January 10th, 2017, 7:59 pm #7

I honestly think it will get pushed back to 2020. I get the feeling that Kojima could easily let his ideas run away with him and be in such a rush to implement all manner of crazy ideas that the game could see multiple delays. People like Kojima sometimes need a filter for their ideas. And whilst on the one hand it will be awesome seeing what he can do with less oversight, there's also a huge risk that his sheer ambition will clog everything up.

The Departed
MGSF Patriot
MGSF Patriot

January 10th, 2017, 8:14 pm #8

commodus

i couldn't have said it better tbh.

kojima's an idea man, and he needs someone to keep those ideas in check. when you try and do too much at once, you end up crippling yourself. and let's be realistic, deaf stalking is not gonna be the witcher 3. it won't have a massive amount of content where you can do this, that and the other in the open world.

and the problem with being one of the few remaining auteur directors of gaming is that sony isn't gonna want kojima to be practical. they want kojima to be kojima, which means, "hold onto your butts."

if this game actually does come out in 2018, i will legit be astonished. but that almost certainly means kojima will have been kept in check to keep from going nuts with how many gut-tanks he could fill on the screen and what not.
Dirty Duck wrote:Duck as sake no bidibgeybfbfhailhydradrinkn:(
[+] Spoiler
r.i.p. to the coolest dude we'll ever know :gary:

Ef9 o shea
MGSF Patriot
MGSF Patriot

January 10th, 2017, 8:22 pm #9

I reckon winter 2018 most likely

Be a nice surprise if we got it before then though

Zan Datsu
Tengu Commando
Tengu Commando

January 10th, 2017, 9:38 pm #10

I agree with most posts and say Q4 2018 and early 2019 seems plausible. But no to 2020, kojima is now at Sony and they will push him. At konami he was cocky and made what he wants but in the end he got fired because he swallowed to much time, money and resources. I really hope he learned from that and focuses more on developement instead of taking trips and shooting selfies.

My bet is on Q4 2018.
The Departed
wrote:Until that diamond nipple awesome game is ever created, all we can do is dream that one day, an MG1 remake happens