Forum rules
Spoilers Please be sure you read the [url=http://mgsforums.com/index.php?showtopic=17202]Spoiler Policy [/url].

Fallout 76

Dirty Duck
MGSF Patriot
MGSF Patriot

May 30th, 2018, 2:07 pm #1

So there you have it. It might be set earlier than all the other Fallouts? But I'm basing that solely on the date displayed on the pip boy.

Mr. Tibbs
Covert Taskforce Member
Covert Taskforce Member
Mr. Tibbs
Covert Taskforce Member
Covert Taskforce Member

May 30th, 2018, 4:44 pm #2

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_76

Apparently this vault opened up only 20 years after the war. Should be pretty intense

Agent
Covert Taskforce Member
Covert Taskforce Member
Agent
Covert Taskforce Member
Covert Taskforce Member

May 30th, 2018, 4:59 pm #3

Yes in my personal opinion as an independent video game consumer I am very excited for Fallout 76, I certainly hope they stick with the rumoured online only crafting survival battle royale game that we fallout fans want. I will be sure to preorder the limited edition with season pass along with skyrim pip boy edition at my retailer of choice at my earliest convenience!

Mr. Tibbs
Covert Taskforce Member
Covert Taskforce Member
Mr. Tibbs
Covert Taskforce Member
Covert Taskforce Member

May 30th, 2018, 5:08 pm #4

Hahahaha seriously though I can already smell the gimmick on this game. It's too soon. Gonna be the same shitty, dying engine straining to run a game that's not really Fallout any more. FO4 killed all my hope of enjoying another Bethesda game. Kind of glad they're staying away from Elder Scrolls at least

Dirty Duck
MGSF Patriot
MGSF Patriot

May 31st, 2018, 12:16 am #5

See the game being sooner after the war SHOULD sound interesting. But every Bethesda Fallout seems to act as if the war only happened a month ago. Shit is always still in absolute ruins and the societies are few and far between, and are always just people who are still sort of aware of America and American culture. In a good Fallout game it being so soon after the war would see people struggling with identity since they had one and it has been utterly demolished, but if people can still identify as Americans and just act like Americans like hundreds of years after, it sort of means theres no way it being sooner after the war could actually make for that grandiose of a change in story or theming. but maybe they'll surprise me somehow, who knows.

WhiteThinDuke
Covert Taskforce Member
Covert Taskforce Member

May 31st, 2018, 1:05 am #6

i'll be pissed if this is online

Jassassino
MGSF Patriot
MGSF Patriot

May 31st, 2018, 8:37 am #7

Supposed leak about the game:
[+] Spoiler
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/commen ... it-android
Takeaway points, yet to see if true or not:

1. Chris Avellone is supposedly lead writer.
2. Voiced protagonist is optional. Will have much heavier and more in depth dialogue options which you'll be able to choose from.
2. Online is OPTIONAL. You can build your base with friends or you can completely ignore both components of the game.
3. Supposed factions which are paramilitary. Resemble old world professions such as police, infantry etc.
3.5 Supposed faction which is based heavily of Hannibal of Carthage with mutated elephants (Cool if true tbh).
4. Pre-cursor faction to BOS (?) Is present... somehow.
5. Harold is present... somehow.
Personally I want part of these leaks to be true. Would interesting if so. Not necessarily good though, like the soft retcons I'm not liking the idea of. Don't personally believe the leaks will be true, but the FO4 ones were. We'll see when the time comes.

Rest in Peace, OS.
[+] Spoiler
DUE TO LIMITS ON SIGNATURES, YOU CAN NOW CHECK OUT MY GALLERY HERE: http://imgur.com/a/72tvf
Diamondsnobs wrote:I'm seriously 100% against autoplays. My kids heard jass' booty song 80 pages back and they haven't stopped.
Dirty Duck wrote:aDN she on the PIL woo!

Agent
Covert Taskforce Member
Covert Taskforce Member
Agent
Covert Taskforce Member
Covert Taskforce Member

May 31st, 2018, 9:38 am #8

Yeah I saw the leaks on /v/ and hoped they were fake. But I honestly wouldn't put it past Todd. Fortnite is what the kids are into these days and its just too soon for a real new fallout game.

Slipstream
Tengu Commando
Tengu Commando

June 1st, 2018, 1:52 am #9

All comes down to gameplay in the end. Some of it sounds neat but if the focus of it is to build a base I am just going to be let down in the long run. Building was the one thing I hated in Fallout 4

DiamondDougs
Jail Guard
Jail Guard
DiamondDougs
Jail Guard
Jail Guard

June 1st, 2018, 4:20 am #10

Should be fine as long as they don't waste half their budget marketing it as the second coming of Christ as they did Fallout 4
Snake turned the polished brass knob and slid the door open with a loud creak. He was hit with a revolting stench of alcohol, ash and sweat and the site of a destroyed office, with smashed decorations, upturned furniture and torn papers. Emerging from the desk was an absolute wreck of a man, with a shimmer of liquid dripping from his crusted lips. His eyes were red and out of focus, his hair in random, whispy knots. His three piece suit was stained with streaks of water and his vest buttoned in the wrong places. His tie was undone, thrown over his neck like a noose in the gallows.

Did you know I'm novelising Snake Eater? Check out my progress here.