Lucent
Covert Taskforce Member
Covert Taskforce Member

April 9th, 2018, 1:53 am #271

A Big Crocodile wrote:Lucent, if you want to increase upper body strenght, there's a couple of things you can do. First of all, pull-ups are the king of upper body exercises, but getting reps in may be hard at first. I struggle with this as well, so I'm going to try this:
[+] Spoiler
For climbing you'll also need grip strength. This is where farmer's walks come in. Grab a set of dumbbells of which the combined weight is about 60%-70% of your body weight, and walk with those around the gym for a distance you can handle them. Do this three to four times. For finger strength specifically, hold some plates between the tips of your fingers for as long as you can, leaving energy in the tank for the next set.

You'll also need some pressing strength, but if your upper body is weak, then dips are not for you as your form will be all over the place. So I'd start with either a bench press, or, my favourite, the overhead press. You can also do both.

And lastly, meat doesn't need to be all that expensive. Most protein is found in chicken, and it's much cheaper to buy a whole chicken, cut it up and freeze the parts you don't immediately need. I don't know the price of chicken where you are, but I bet that for the price of a whole fileted chicken breast you can almost buy an entire chicken.
Wow, thanks for the tips, Crocodile. I'll try those once I actually get a decent amount of time to go back to the gym. Last couple of weeks I couldn't go at all due to time constraints. I'm sure that these exercises can only help after all. The finger strength tip is especially helpful since for some reason people keep recommending those little clamp type things? That you squeeze to inrease grip strength. I think that's more for your entire hand rather than specifically fingers.

There's a free parkour meetup where I live, and it's welcoming to people of all levels, but I'm scared to go there because of how out of shape I am. But I feel like if I went (1 hour a week), it would probably do a lot more for my goals. I might have to actually go check it out. Get that tone-ness lol.

My triceps are my weakest point. Biceps are weak AF but triceps will literally spasm if I do too much. I think I just never developed them and might be trying too much weight. Anyways, thanks again for your thoughtful response! I'll definitely take it into account.
If my signature is too big, please say something so I can fix it. Thank you.

Ranch DuBois Est. 2014
Tengu Commando
Tengu Commando

April 9th, 2018, 3:51 am #272

Close-Grip push-ups are great for building tricep strength and endurance, even regular pushups if holding hoy hands together to form a diamond on the ground is too tough

Rest In Peace, Joe.

A Big Crocodile
MGSF Philosopher
MGSF Philosopher

April 9th, 2018, 7:27 am #273

She may be at such a level where push-ups are not very productive, if she can do them at all. She has access to a gym, so if that's the case (I'm only assuming though), she'd be better off doing either cable work or presses with very light dumbbells. And she can do those regardless in addition to any type of compound movement she does.

But I don't know her current state so I'm just throwing shit out there.

Brera
Hi-Tech Soldier
Hi-Tech Soldier
Brera
Hi-Tech Soldier
Hi-Tech Soldier

April 12th, 2018, 5:34 am #274

I'm itching to get back in the gym,cause i haven't been since last summer. I just don't have the energy anymore with a baby keeping me up all night. Hope she'll start sleeping all night soon.
[+] Spoiler
Thanks to my dag V
[+] Spoiler

Jassassino
MGSF Patriot
MGSF Patriot

June 23rd, 2018, 9:34 pm #275

Got a year that I'm planning on really hitting the gym with before k head back into higher education for a bit. Any advice? I used to go a lot but it's been about two years since I've had intensive exercise really. Looking to build some serious mass and haven't really received any legitimate, personal advice from anyone (only stuff I know to do/about is just what I've read online)

Rest in Peace, OS.
[+] Spoiler
DUE TO LIMITS ON SIGNATURES, YOU CAN NOW CHECK OUT MY GALLERY HERE: http://imgur.com/a/72tvf
Diamondsnobs wrote:I'm seriously 100% against autoplays. My kids heard jass' booty song 80 pages back and they haven't stopped.
Dirty Duck wrote:aDN she on the PIL woo!

Edgelord
Tengu Commando
Tengu Commando

July 9th, 2018, 11:36 am #276

Jassassino wrote:Got a year that I'm planning on really hitting the gym with before k head back into higher education for a bit. Any advice? I used to go a lot but it's been about two years since I've had intensive exercise really. Looking to build some serious mass and haven't really received any legitimate, personal advice from anyone (only stuff I know to do/about is just what I've read online)
Did that rock concert hosted for you by Ethiopia make you feel bad? ?

Just eat till you puke drink water till you puke and do heavy lifting till you collapse.
Find out How many calories you lose a day or through exercise and Eat twice as much
BEFORE THY BECOMES SALTY WITH THE TEARS OF BEING OFFENDED.
BEHOLD THE FIELD IN WHICH I GROW MY FUCKS TO GIVE.
LAY THINE EYES UPON IT AND SEE THAT IT IS BARREN