geo pet
Elite Member
Joined: April 20th, 2011, 9:48 pm

March 12th, 2013, 8:57 pm #531

Those are swiftastic :rocker
it's a "geo thang "
Kiss my ass ......I'm savin gas !!!
My other car is a Metro




Quote
Like
Share

geo pet
Elite Member
Joined: April 20th, 2011, 9:48 pm

March 12th, 2013, 9:05 pm #532

Are your top bumper bolts factory ? Looks like its bolted down to tight and warping. You should be able to wiggle it when bolts are tight. Its so it can expand and contract with tempurature changes like siding on a house
it's a "geo thang "
Kiss my ass ......I'm savin gas !!!
My other car is a Metro




Quote
Like
Share

aaronvincent
Elite Member
Joined: August 19th, 2011, 11:08 pm

March 12th, 2013, 9:10 pm #533

Wow, that fast?
Corolla defector
Quote
Like
Share

94RHDRollerskate
Elite Member
Joined: July 25th, 2012, 6:43 am

March 12th, 2013, 9:17 pm #534

aaronvincent wrote:Wow, that fast?
.
I guess. Wasn't expecting them until tomorrow.

One thing... the bulb sockets and the holes in the lights don't match up. I thought they were plug and play.


.
.


Gary
'94 'Swiftified' 3/5 LSi The Green Machine
'94 RHD - Totaled

Project Thread:
Project Green Machine

'94 RHD Skate 1/6/94 - 9/13/13 - R.I.P.
My Project 94 RHD Metro





.
Quote
Like
Share

94RHDRollerskate
Elite Member
Joined: July 25th, 2012, 6:43 am

March 12th, 2013, 9:20 pm #535

geo pet wrote:Are your top bumper bolts factory ? Looks like its bolted down to tight and warping. You should be able to wiggle it when bolts are tight. Its so it can expand and contract with tempurature changes like siding on a house
.
I can try loosening them up. I wanted as much holding things to the car, as the 3 main mount holes in the bumper opening don't line up with points on my car.

.
.


Gary
'94 'Swiftified' 3/5 LSi The Green Machine
'94 RHD - Totaled

Project Thread:
Project Green Machine

'94 RHD Skate 1/6/94 - 9/13/13 - R.I.P.
My Project 94 RHD Metro





.
Quote
Like
Share

aaronvincent
Elite Member
Joined: August 19th, 2011, 11:08 pm

March 12th, 2013, 9:22 pm #536

Oh jeeze, you didn't know about the socket difference? Well :shit Shoulda explained that :smackface
Its very very simple (I did it once), just splice the taillight wires from a Swift into the metro wires and you're done. I think geo pet may have some information on this subject, if not I know member WhiteTop JUST did th swap. Its very easy, contact him about it.

WhiteTop: http://geometroforum.com/topic/5087645/1/#new
Corolla defector
Quote
Like
Share

Deleted User
Deleted User

March 12th, 2013, 9:29 pm #537

94RHDRollerskate wrote:
aaronvincent wrote:Wow, that fast?
.
I guess. Wasn't expecting them until tomorrow.

One thing... the bulb sockets and the holes in the lights don't match up. I thought they were plug and play.


.
Nope. You were supposed to get the wire harness to the connector with the deal. Right?

Quote
Share

94RHDRollerskate
Elite Member
Joined: July 25th, 2012, 6:43 am

March 12th, 2013, 9:31 pm #538

aaronvincent wrote:Oh jeeze, you didn't know about the socket difference? Well :shit Shoulda explained that :smackface
Its very very simple (I did it once), just splice the taillight wires from a Swift into the metro wires and you're done. I think geo pet may have some information on this subject, if not I know member WhiteTop JUST did th swap. Its very easy, contact him about it.

WhiteTop: http://geometroforum.com/topic/5087645/1/#new
.
:(

.
.


Gary
'94 'Swiftified' 3/5 LSi The Green Machine
'94 RHD - Totaled

Project Thread:
Project Green Machine

'94 RHD Skate 1/6/94 - 9/13/13 - R.I.P.
My Project 94 RHD Metro





.
Quote
Like
Share

clarkdw
Elite Member
Joined: July 6th, 2011, 3:09 am

March 12th, 2013, 9:40 pm #539

If you're going to put a Swift hood on then not much sense worrying about the headlight buckets as they will be going to be replaced with Swift units, right?




Quote
Like
Share

94RHDRollerskate
Elite Member
Joined: July 25th, 2012, 6:43 am

March 12th, 2013, 10:08 pm #540

clarkdw wrote:If you're going to put a Swift hood on then not much sense worrying about the headlight buckets as they will be going to be replaced with Swift units, right?
.
clark - Tail Lights. Not head lights. Those will come later on.

Looks like I'm in the market for a tail light harness set for a Swift now. Anyone? Ugh...


.
.


Gary
'94 'Swiftified' 3/5 LSi The Green Machine
'94 RHD - Totaled

Project Thread:
Project Green Machine

'94 RHD Skate 1/6/94 - 9/13/13 - R.I.P.
My Project 94 RHD Metro





.
Quote
Like
Share