DTM GTi's Rides

scratchpaddy
Elite Member

May 2nd, 2016, 12:08 am #1

DTM GTi's got lots of really cool toys. I've seen his white Swift GT MKII (III?) a couple of times before, but I finally got to go to his house to :drool over his two MKI show cars. It was Tanner's Dad's last day in town before heading back to Utah, so we got together for burgers at his place, along with a few other TeamSwift guys.

The red one is a turbo 3, while the white is the body of a turbo Sprint with a German GTi drivetrain swapped in. Both cars have lots of parts from Europe which were never available here.

Instead of "fuel," it runs on petrol. ;)

The brake rotors on the white one are bigger than the stock wheels.

I love the simplicity of the interior. The seats are from a Honda, and lowered so that he can sit without his head in the roof. There's no radio, no cupholders, and no rear seat. Anything that's not stock still looks like it could have (or should have) been factory.

Neo, an admin at TeamSwift, was also in town, coming from Australia to visit in-laws here. He managed to get away for a few hours to check out DTM's rides, too. Together we headed out for the end of the weekly car show in Scottsdale. DTM took the white, Neo borrowed the red, and I followed in my own Metro. I could hear the blow-off valve from the red car even through my closed windows. Man, those cars can scoot. After every light or stop sign, they were just gone. I got a lousy 40mpg trying to keep up. :lol

Last edited by scratchpaddy on May 2nd, 2016, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bikeAmusPrime
Elite Member

May 2nd, 2016, 11:20 am #2

I need to start working on mine. Those look killer

Murf 59
Elite Member

May 2nd, 2016, 10:39 pm #3

Great write up.
A 13.5 to 1 G10. With GTi twin cam pistons. Performance head package work sponsored by our friends at 3Tech.
A set of 4.38s set up as a 4 spd. MSD ignition, and a Weber card on top. It has a SRD header on the bottom side.
I run a Glow shift tach, and a HF vacuum gauge.
This engine is still in the works. I have all the pieces, but am not able to get the energy to assemble it.

This is what it looks like running at Bonneville from the front seat of a Geo Metro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOcWzyzyjPw

Deleted User
Deleted User

May 3rd, 2016, 2:26 am #4

I Had The Pleasure Of Meeting Tanner At Our Calabasas December Meets. TANNER, YOU ROCK DUDE!!! AND SO DO YOUR RIDES!! I Love Ya Man! And Your Girlfriend From Poland That I Met At This Last Meet, She Is Gorgeous!

I Also Like The Fact That Both Of His Sprints Have Been De-Bowtied! Not One Iota Of A Stinking "Chevrolet" Badge On Them. On The Shot Of The Interior Glove Box Area, It Says SUZUKI!!! I Like That! FTW!

DTM GTi
Elite Member

May 4th, 2016, 5:18 pm #5

As always you take great pictures . My cars look better then in person . I love technology.

It was great having everyone over , hanging out and talking cars. We should do it more often