Cruise control... VSS and Tach wires where???

robot750
Fresh Fish

May 8th, 2018, 11:18 pm #1

Hello there friends,

So I have a 2000 Chevy Geo Metro with the 4 cyl motor automatic. I have the Audiovox CCS 100 installed in it but used the magnet setup back in the day when I installed it. The sensor seems to be broken and so I want to hook it up to the VSS and Tach wires. Problem is I cant seem to find definitive info on which is which. When I look at my ECM I have a violet wire that as far as I can tell from internet info is my VSS. The tach Im not so sure.
My ECM has green connectors plugging into it. I found an image online that showed a geo metro ECM with grey plugs on it with the VSS and Tach labeled. Sadly this does not jive with mine. The wires are different.

I understand that I could hook the tach wire to the coil but its electronic and will not work properly in this model year.

So to be clear my ECM has green plugs going into it. I believe it also says F6 on it. Any help is appreciated. Big drive in a couple weeks! Please post pics if possible.

Thanks,

ROb

suzukitom
Elite Member

May 8th, 2018, 11:36 pm #2

the VSS signal for an automatic sedan originates from the transaxle.

a wiring diagram for the 00 Swift should be useful for your vehicle

http://metroxfi.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... -00-01.pdf

Woodie
Elite Member

May 9th, 2018, 9:58 am #3

Tach wire is usually brown. Not certain about 2000 though.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

freegeo
Elite Member

May 9th, 2018, 12:43 pm #4

This is from the 1999 fsm. VSS wire is C2-4 purple wire, Tach wire is C3-6 brown wire.

IC5

Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. Thomas Edison

Stiffchezze
Elite Member

May 9th, 2018, 1:51 pm #5

Welcome! :banana

I'm running a CSS-100 in Rudolph and have some of my info posted over at my project thread: Link--->The Story of Rudolph
Most of my stuff is 3-cyl related but it might help. One thing, definitely add a vacuum reservoir to smooth that thing out. On your 2000 there is a great place to mount one of those GM bowling ball size reservoirs under the drivers side headlight, behind the bumper.