1st Annual Minnesota Metro Meet Thread

1DCGUY
Elite Member

April 29th, 2012, 2:26 pm #1

Howdy everyone,

After a very nice conversation with Snowfish yesterday, we have decided that August 18th will be the date for the 1st Annual Minnesota Metro Meet.

We decided to have it south of the Twin Cities at my house.
We are hoping that by having it south of the Twin Cities, that we can pull some of our Iowa, and Wisconsin members to attend. (Maybe we can convince the Mullet to a road trip) :whistle

The nice part about having it at my house, is that if anyone needs parts for an 89-94 Metro, I have my own personal Metro salvage yard on my property, and to top it off, I have a salvage yard less than a mile from my house that has a few Metro's in it also.

Snowfish and I decided we wanted to have a nice personal Meet and Greet off the beaten path, so we could hang out and BS with fellow Metro owners.

I have 10 acres here, so we have plenty of room for anyone who wants to camp and spend the night, and we are only 20 miles away form Rochester if someone decides to stay at a motel. At this point, I'm planning a bonfire in the back yard for anyone who wants to stay overnight. ^o)

By the sound of it, Snowfish will have both of his Metro's there. (Thankfully he didn't sell his 93) :rocker

We want to be very clear, we don't care if you have a rust bucket, or a pristine Metro, everyone is welcome to this meet, so don't worry about what it looks like, we just want you to come and enjoy the day.

We can work on details about food and beverage in the next couple of months, so if you have any idea's about that, let's hear it.

Here is the address for all of you folks that want to see how far it is to travel:

72653 260th Avenue
Hayfield, MN 55940

Google shot: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&psj=1 ... CCMQ8gEwAA

Jeff Therring "METRO KING" AKA "Forum Soldier #1"

Home of the "Minnesota Metro Meet" August 11th 2018

Click > Here < for more Info
IC2

KKami361
Elite Member

April 29th, 2012, 3:18 pm #2

1DCGUY wrote:We want to be very clear, we don't care if you have a rust bucket, or a pristine Metro, everyone is welcome to this meet, so don't worry about what it looks like, we just want you to come and enjoy the day.
Sweet! I like that part... I can show up with my Swiss-cheese rusty, duct-taped Metro :D

8/18... we'll have to see what the work schedule looks like. It's not a terrible thing at only 5.5 hours away, but I just got bumped off my job today, having to step back to a lower job, and there's still the possibility that I may have to relocate myself to like CO or WY

but if I can be there, I will!

sphenicie
Elite Member

April 30th, 2012, 2:46 am #3

IN :thumb
unless Vikes go to LA. :smackface
. .will commit to 10lbs of wis brats, and a ham, farm eggs to go with, for sunday breakfast ! :rocker
you sure are workn hard to make Hayfield, , THE Geo capital of the world !
any fish that far south? :evillol

1DCGUY
Elite Member

April 30th, 2012, 3:18 am #4

Gotta love those Wisconsin Brats :thumb :thumb

I was raised in Wisconsin, so brats and beer are pretty much bred into me!! :cheers

IC2

sphenicie
Elite Member

April 30th, 2012, 4:22 am #5

OH, yea I'll bring beer too! :cheers if i can get over to the bay and get some salmon, we'll have smoked salmon too. :thumb
P.S that will be a home smoked ham, not one of those store bought ones. I'm out of venison hams till fall or i would bring a real treat.
nice choice of dates!

1DCGUY
Elite Member

April 30th, 2012, 12:29 pm #6

I can supply the venison treats.

I smoke my own venison suasage, and have plenty!! :thumb

IC2

sphenicie
Elite Member

April 30th, 2012, 6:22 pm #7

WOW...you are so close to Austin! when everyone finds out about Austin, they will all want to come! 10 acres may not be enough!

snowfish
Elite Member

April 30th, 2012, 6:25 pm #8

No tours of the Spam factory, please! :lol
............I'll be back in a bit........

IC3

1DCGUY
Elite Member

April 30th, 2012, 11:05 pm #9

snowfish wrote:No tours of the Spam factory, please! :lol
Spam burgers for all!! :whistle
LOL

IC2

Scootin'Around
Elite Member

May 1st, 2012, 3:38 pm #10

Sounds interesting! Hopefully I can get my Metro patched and framed by then for the trip.