Information: The Metrocop forums are now closed.

Half-Life: Echoes

10:35 PM - Aug 19, 2018 #1

A Half-Life 1 mod, recently released after about 4 years in development by a single guy. I've been playing this one, it's pretty great and has some neat surprises, although the story so far seems a little pretentious.

Go here to download.

Screenshots hidden under spoiler tab (they're particularly spoilery, just pretty big):
[+] Spoiler

12:24 PM - Aug 21, 2018 #2

That looks amazing! It may just be because I'm using my phone, but those screenshots look more HL2 than HL1. Will be downloading and playing at the earliest opportunity!
Episode 2; Team Fortress 2; Portal 2... "Episodic model" scrapped... 2x2x2=8... HALF-LIFE 8 CONFIRMED!

1:24 PM - Aug 21, 2018 #3

jim_cjr wrote:That looks amazing! It may just be because I'm using my phone, but those screenshots look more HL2 than HL1. Will be downloading and playing at the earliest opportunity!
Funny you should mention that. One of the weirder choices of the mod is that some Half-Life 2 models were ported back to Goldsource for the mod. Some of them, like the HL2 barnacle, fit in decently - others... not so much. They all still look a little weird when compared to ultra-low-poly models like the headcrabs.

8:36 AM - Aug 22, 2018 #4

Mythos wrote:
jim_cjr wrote:That looks amazing! It may just be because I'm using my phone, but those screenshots look more HL2 than HL1. Will be downloading and playing at the earliest opportunity!
Funny you should mention that. One of the weirder choices of the mod is that some Half-Life 2 models were ported back to Goldsource for the mod. Some of them, like the HL2 barnacle, fit in decently - others... not so much. They all still look a little weird when compared to ultra-low-poly models like the headcrabs.
Ah, that makes sense then. They did a similar thing with Autonomy Lost. It's kinda mad that people do that, but in another way it says a hell of a lot about the original HL that people still make new stuff for it!
Episode 2; Team Fortress 2; Portal 2... "Episodic model" scrapped... 2x2x2=8... HALF-LIFE 8 CONFIRMED!