A place for recipes?

Requesting member's input on this forum

A place for recipes?

TxGypsy
2 K Club
TxGypsy
2 K Club

Oct 22 2012, 10:44 PM #1

While sitting here waiting on my pretzel dough to rise....and try to remember where I put the coarse ground salt, I was thinking that a recipe section might be a good idea here on the forum. I get recipe requests from folks all the time. The fine art of 'home cookin' is falling by the wayside and should be preserved for the future. I know that some of our members here don't cook, but there are some of us that do.

I've always had a fascination with once a month cooking, do ahead and freeze bread and the like.....but I've never been terribly successful at it. There's always something to learn or achieve more skill in..... in the kitchen.

If you think this is a good idea, I'd like to request that all recipes must be copied and pasted and not just a link. That way if the link goes invalid, the recipe is still available.
Buzzing with the bees in the piney woods of Texas.

If you didn't vote, YOU are part of the problem.

Donnie
2 K Club
Donnie
2 K Club

Oct 22 2012, 11:13 PM #2

I'd love to have a place just for recipes! :thumb:

Scotto
7.5 K Club
Scotto
7.5 K Club

Oct 23 2012, 01:12 AM #3

"Around the Homestead" - a sub forum in the lounge is set aside for just that, quite a few in there already.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Mena_Forum/i ... owforum=40
~~~I am the Prince of Tides~~~

"...and dare to dance the tides" -Garth Brooks

jerrimccoy1
1 K Club

Oct 23 2012, 06:11 PM #4

Scotto @ Oct 22 2012, 07:12 PM wrote: "Around the Homestead" - a sub forum in the lounge is set aside for just that, quite a few in there already.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Mena_Forum/i ... owforum=40
Thanks Scotto. I never knew about it. Found some great stuff in there! :)