Hey, I use to work for RKL!

Hey, I use to work for RKL!

Jared Kindestin (J-ROD)
Jared Kindestin (J-ROD)

March 14th, 2002, 4:40 am #1

September '97 until August '98 as a Reporter/Anchor.

And I must have held the station record for having the worst newscasts. I passed by the station not to long ago. It's painted blue and has the word "POLSKIE" next to where the letters W-R-K-L are in the front of the building. It's pretty sad.

Anyway, I work for Cablevision now, but I miss my days working in the newsroom.

Julie
Julie

April 9th, 2002, 8:48 pm #2

Hey there! I don't know if you remember me, I was the Promotions Department during your tenure. Yeah, the whole department. Anyway, you work for Cablevision now? Where are you and what are you doing? I may know a colleague of yours...

Jared Kindestin
Jared Kindestin

April 10th, 2002, 3:17 am #3

Your desk was tucked away just behind the newsroom, and I also remember you had a sign near your desk that said "Eat More Honey" (don't ask me how or why I remember it)

Anyway, is the person you're referring to John Wilson? I think he works for News 12 now - I believe; also for Newsradio 880.

I actually work in West Nyack for Cablevision Ad Sales in Commercial Production. I work opposite Joyce Panzer (a former account exec. for WRKL) I don't know if you remember her. I basically make commercials for local businesses.

Anyway, say hi to John for me (I really miss working in news for him)

Glad to hear from you... Hope you are doing ok...

Stay in touch,

Jared

Julie
Julie

April 12th, 2002, 7:48 pm #4

You have some memory! Believe it or not, I was going through some old papers the other day and found that little thing that said Eat More Honey. So, it's very weird that you would mention it. And perhaps even weirder that I would actually still have it.

Glad to hear you're doing well. Are you enjoying commercial production? Of course I remember Joyce, but I haven't spoken to her in a while. Please tell her I said hello!

Yes, John is the "colleague" I was referring to. I'll definitely tell him you said hi. He's full time now at CBS, but I'm sure he'll stay involved in television as much as he can.

Take care... see you at the next RKL reunion!

Julie