Bobbi Lewis

Bobbi Lewis

The KIOTR Website
The KIOTR Website

April 19th, 2002, 4:54 pm #1

Word has reached us that former WRKL owner Bobbi Lewis has passed away. Bobbi worked at the station from 1977 through 1994, first as operations manager, and then for 9 years, as station owner. She was there during what many consider to have been the "glory days" of WRKL (with apologies to any of you who worked there at other times).
Our condolences to her family.

The KIOTR Website
The KIOTR Website

April 20th, 2002, 3:30 pm #2

Paul Panzarella
Paul Panzarella

April 22nd, 2002, 5:32 pm #3

Word has reached us that former WRKL owner Bobbi Lewis has passed away. Bobbi worked at the station from 1977 through 1994, first as operations manager, and then for 9 years, as station owner. She was there during what many consider to have been the "glory days" of WRKL (with apologies to any of you who worked there at other times).
Finding out @ Bobbi's death was a shock. I worked with her for many years at the "R". Those years WERE certainly GLORY YEARS that I enjoyed very much. Bobbi was a part of that in a big way. I WILL miss her. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.
Paul J. Panzarella

Jeff Baker
Jeff Baker

April 23rd, 2002, 2:40 am #4

In Bobbi's early days at WRKL, I remember her doing everything from manning the front desk to giving tours to school groups to going out and covering meetings at night for the news department.
Bobbi was a big part of the R way back then, and yes, they were the glory years of WRKL. So many have passed through those (crooked) doors and then moved on. Most of those I keep in touch with say it was great having worked there. Bobbi will always be a part of those good memories, for me. Thanks, Bobbi.

Jeff Baker

Bob Marshall
Bob Marshall

April 25th, 2002, 1:32 pm #5

I too am greatly shocked and saddened to hear of Bobbi’s passing…
Bobbi was a major component in my very fond memories of “RKL”.
She was the glue who kept that office together back then, and a genuine warm person.
My memories of Bobbi and those fun times now 25 years ago make me realize that those truly were the glory days…..

I am proud to have known her

Rest well, Bobbi

My heartfelt condolences to Barry & Family

Bob Marshall