My angel's name Oriphiel/Orifiel

Here you can discuss angels in general. Please try to keep off topic discussions in their forum. Any questions asked here may not be answered by the moderator. If you need a question answered please post it under the appropriate questions/answers forum.

My angel's name Oriphiel/Orifiel

vihtortakeda
Ischim

10 Aug 2010, 06:33 #1

Hi, I would like to know if you have informations about Oriphiel. I recently discovered that he is my guardian angel and I have found this forum. So, please any help will be thankfull!

Thank you very much.

13 Aug 2010, 22:33 #2

Orifiel - (Oriphiel, Orphiel, Orifel, Ourpahil, Ourpail)

The title 'Orifiel' was first known as the Mandean "Ourpahil" or "Ourpail." He was originally called a servant of "Ou", which is an ancient variant for the angel Uriel. He was associated with "Ou" also as a bird deity, and a spirit of time and creation (specifically realization - not creation in general). His name has been translated as "bird spirit" or "bird god", though it is likely more complex based on its original Aramaic roots. (I can look into an etymology for the name if you'd like.)

Orifiel is an angel of Earth, actually one of the 7 Angels who guard the natural world, particularly rough dense terrain and wilderness. This has led him to be called an angel with dominion, especially in his associations with the Kabbalah, over the forests and brush-lands of Earth.

He is one of the angels who govern the 2nd hour of the day. As such he serves under Anael. He is also under Uriel in rank, (and often associated with him) as one of the "7 regents of the World." Orifiel is a Principality over Egypt, or at least, he was once, (perhaps before it was settled). His name is associated with Egyptian talismanic magic where he is associated with the relation of the Benu and god Osiris.

In Pope Gregory's listing, Orifiel is cited as one of the 7 Archangels of the Presence. This is likely based on his association with Uriel. Orifiel is a Prince of the choir of Thrones and a Regent over the planet Saturn. He is also called an angel of Saturday, time, realizations, birds (especially water birds), and the virtue of steadfastness: constancy, firm loyalty and integrity. I have also seen Orifiel associated with wolves and other creatures associated with the 'wild'.

Here is a representation of Orifiel by Volcan Baga:

And here is a symbol associated with "Ourpahil" or "Orpaniel."

~Ari'el

vihtortakeda
Ischim

01 Oct 2010, 18:35 #3

Thank you for the information and please bring me the etymology for the name. I want to get deep as possible with the informations about Oriphiel specially after a dream I had lately.
To the same way, can you bring me info about Seraphim Vehuiah and Angel Uriel??
I am impressed with the good and great amount of informations about angels, sigils and other things that your forum have it.

Congratulations!

Best wishes and waiting reply!
:D

<+>Vihtor Nriphh'ih'l Takeda.<+>

17 Oct 2010, 22:02 #4

I'm handling a lot lately. I''ll be honest with you... it will take some time to post the information.

vihtortakeda
Ischim

20 Oct 2010, 01:12 #5

Don't you worry dear. Now I have internet on my house, then I'll be everyday around here. Take your time and when you'll be able to post here, I will for sure be here.
Thanks for the reply anyway, and hope you can finish all work and things you are doing there.

See you soon
:D

13 Nov 2010, 07:59 #6

I haven't forgotten you. I will have a response to this up soon.

~Ari'el

vihtortakeda
Ischim

14 Nov 2010, 17:27 #7

[i[]Hahaha! No problem. As I said "I'm everyday here".
Reading and learning!

Thanks anyway. ^^[/i]

17 Nov 2010, 05:12 #8

Vehuiah:
An angel summoned in Kabbalistic rites. Both a Seraphim & Principality, Vehuiah fulfills prayers brought in direct petition and through lesser angels (such as prayers by guardian angels for the welfare of their charges).

Strangely Vehuhiah is both a lunar angel & solar angel (more specifically an angel of the dawn). In his role as a lunar angel he serves under Gabriel as one of the guardians of the 28 mansions of the moon - an order called the "Yerahim" or "Malachim ha' Yereah." He serves in the First Mansion or "house" & governs the 1st pentacle of the Moon in Kabbalistic rites.

His principality is over the zodiac. He is equated with Vehuel - one of the 72 angels bearing the name of God: Shemhamphorae. He is also associated with Wednesday. He dwells in the 2nd Heaven, though he works in the First Heaven (during the lunar 'phase' that represents his governing 'house') & the Third Heaven, where he works under the angel Sariel and the angel Saritaiel.

URIEL:
As for Uriel, I'm a bit lost on where to start. I have a whole web page worth of information on him so summarizing him in a post seems impossible.

I will point out major information & you can ask me to elaborate:

- Uriel is one of the Aeons or Angels of the Presence. These are equated with (but not necessarily identical to) the 7 Archangels. These beings dwell in the presence of God & preside over everything under God, as they are emanations of his will. Each has an "army" or legions of angels who are reflective of their properties (& the emanated property of God they represent). Uriel is the 3rd or 4th of these (often confused with Ariel or Gabriel in line of succession), and represents properties like: change, terror, time, momentum, salvation & death.

- Uriel is notoriously apathetic. Though he is an angel of "salvation", his role is contrasting to Gabriel who favors mercy. Uriel's 'salvation' often comes through catastrophe & retribution. Of all the Angels of the Presence, he is most associated with wrath & retribution (along with Ariel, whom he is usually equated with). This makes all angels of wrath potentially associated with him or under his governing. He is said to have the keenest senses of all the angels - making him impervious to deceit or false empathy. He (with Ariel) governs the properties of Time & Inevitability, and can see so sharply he has foresight. He can see all motivations & actions as they truly are, and unlike Gabriel or Raphael who favor motivations & intentions, Uriel generally focuses more rigidly on actions & consequences. He is therefore called an angel of "terror" & is set over the imprisonment of fallen angels in Heaven & Tartarus. He is also said to govern the gates of Hell.

- Uriel is associated with both fire & lightning. However, his name & original property association were more linked to lightning (or the fire that lightning can produce when striking) than with flame itself. His associations with lightning and fire were originally linked to "living fire" or "rapid light", as in fire / light with momentum - as in lightning & change caused by the miracles of the 'hand of God' (the ancient association with lightning was that it was a 'touch' from God that cursed or blessed). His role as an angel of catastrophe & change is linked to this. He causes growth, opportunity for salvation & transition with abrupt & often violent events. (He was one of the 3 angels who visited Sodom & Gomorra, and brought raining fire down upon it.)

- Uriel is often equated with Ariel and the name Phanuel. The association with Ariel is not just based on the similarity of the name, but also on the almost identical properties the two angels share. They are, however, two individual angels having different origins. The name Phanuel is a title given to the conglomeration of the two - originally having been a title for the Archangels of the Face themselves, as it means "Face of God." Uriel & Ariel have correlated and interdependent properties. Unlike the other Aeons who each personify one of the emanations on the Tree of Life (Sephiroth), Uriel & Ariel jointly govern their Sephirah of Tiphareth, which represents their properties in union.

- Of all the angels of death, Uriel is the oldest named. He is also, as an Aeon, with authority over other angels associated with death. Angels like Azrael, (who serves under Uriel) are more specifically associated with properties of death such as the soul leaving the body. Uriel, however, represents death in all its aspects, being set over death in a grand sense, as a transition & terrific (sometimes violent) change. He is also associated with the attachment of death to rebirth. This property is related to his role as an angel of retribution (death of sin/guilt/old ways) & salvation (rebirth, momentum & change). Uriel works closely with Sariel, Ariel and Azrael, all of them angels of death who represent different 'aspects' of death. (Sariel is associated with death as justice, Ariel is associated with death as 'severity' & inevitability, & Azrael is associated with death as mystery & isolating (death as a form of solitude in which every creature must find itself alone).

This is just a brief outline of the fundamental subjects of information on Uriel. Please ask any questions you may have on these & I will try to elaborate from there. There is a wealth of information on him.

~Ari'el

vihtortakeda
Ischim

18 Nov 2010, 04:31 #9

Thanks for this reply. Now it gets interesting.
So, about Vehuiah, have you got any sigil or symbol who can identify him?
And, does he have something about or some connection with the Archangel Raphael and the Zodiac Sign Gemini?
After you answer me this, I'll come with elaborated questions about Uriel and Oriphiel again. :D
To the same way, I got meself curious to know about angels Sariel and Saritaiel.
But forget this for now, first we got for Vehuiah's questions. Then the others, cause I'm plenty of doubts.

Thank you very much again.

06 Dec 2010, 05:58 #10

This sigil is associated with Vehuhiah. It is also attributed to Vapula, which may be based on an association of an old variant of the name.

Raphael is a governing angel over Gemini as he governs the zodiacal vernal equinox in spring. He also is said to govern the sign of Virgo, and sometimes is said to have ruling power over all air signs (Gemini, Libra & Aquarius) as he is an angel of air.

~Ari'el