May 23rd, 2017, 1:25 pm #76

all i meant to say was it had been mentioned earlier that 9AU/hr is actually faster than Light (light being around 7.5 AU/h.) i was taken to believe these numbers had been updated- but i was unable to see any change.
Thats alright, if it hasn't been changed im cool with that, and will happily use the numbers presented in the pdf.
i just didn't want to use these numbers if better ones had been created in errata that i was unable to see.

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

May 23rd, 2017, 1:35 pm #77

all i meant to say was it had been mentioned earlier that 9AU/hr is actually faster than Light (light being around 7.5 AU/h.)
Ah I get it now. That's something I forgot to determine (the light being around 7.5 AU/h). Regardless, it is still a far slower speed than those presented for FTL so let's leave it to that ;).
Sublight speeds are basically those used to navigate within the star system. FTL speeds are way too fast to navigate within a star system, its planets, gravity wells and possible asteroids and satelites.
"This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I spend all day computing pi because he plugged in the Overlord."

May 23rd, 2017, 9:56 pm #78

Also, Thanks for the suggestions for the Corvette!
im pretty sure i read somwhere that people in ME had disguised a vette as an asari freighter to slip by under the radar. thats why i really like this size of ship- seems to be like the military version of a freighter, (indeed with the less weapon systems and what not a crew of 10 would even seem logical) seems like a good entry place for PC's if they ... say.... wanted to start their own PMC or Merc Group (as is my party).