Vanguard - my new RPG

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

July 30th, 2018, 2:24 am #1

Hello everyone

These last years have been good for Mass Effect d20. The game has spread accross the globe and has received significant updates. I don't plan to let the game 'die' as long as there are people interested in it ;)
However, that doesn't mean I've been idle, quite the contrary, I've been quite busy working on my own RPG creation: Vanguard.
It is a game that I actually started before MEd20, but halted its development to create this one. But as MEd20 became stable and finished, I started to dedicate more and more time to develop Vanguard. And finally, after many years of development and testing, the game is ready and its crowdfunding campaign has started.
The game itself is not a setting, a world. Rather, it is a set of rules that can be used for fantasy or historical games. It is based on the d100 dice, instead of the d20, but the core mechanic is similar: roll 1d100, add modifiers and try to beat a number (usually this number is 100).

You can find the link to the crowdfunding page here: Vanguard d100

Please give it a look and share it, if you liked MEd20 :)
"This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I spend all day computing pi because he plugged in the Overlord."

July 30th, 2018, 2:03 pm #2

I really like this concept you got here, I'll likely pledge 15$ next month after I get more money so I can get my hands on the PDF version of this.

This is expected to come out around at December 2018 or roughly around there, so that's exciting to hear.

It'd be cool if the system was used for a Mass Effect setting as well, but based on what you said in the crowdfunding page, it seems that the system can do that if you want even though it seems more geared towards fantasy mostly.

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

July 30th, 2018, 2:47 pm #3

Oh trust me, if the pledge reaches enough to create the ruleset for sci-fi, I will create a free and short add-on to use the Mass Effect setting easily ;)
"This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I spend all day computing pi because he plugged in the Overlord."

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

July 31st, 2018, 12:40 pm #4

For those interested, Vanguard d100 now has a facebook page where I'll share updates and display some of the artwork that will be used. Hopefully later today I will have a quick-start manual shared via that page as well.
Here's the link for the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/VanguardIndigogo/

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

July 31st, 2018, 4:19 pm #5

There is now a quick-start manual that shows the core rules of Vanguard d100 and how they work. It also includes a sample character built from scratch. You can find it in the facebook page of Vanguard d100 :)

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

August 6th, 2018, 2:04 pm #6

A one-shot adventure made for Vanguard d100 is now available for download! Memories of Swyndale takes you to a small village troubled by a vengeful spirit. Find out why, kill it or simply help everyone escape, whatever you decide to do Swyndale is in your hands!

Together with the quick-start guide, you can play this small adventure to test many of Vanguard d100 main features. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ilscc3au1 ... e.pdf/file

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

August 11th, 2018, 7:47 am #7

Find more about the ideas behind Vanguard d100's combat system in this note shared on facebook:

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

August 15th, 2018, 9:18 am #8

I was invited to make a Q&A about Vanguard d100, for Dan Davenport's blog (https://gmshoe.wordpress.com/)
Previous guests of this blog include Kenneth Hite (Trail of Cthulhu, Night's Black Agents, Vampire: The Masquerade 5th edition), Robin D. Laws (Ashen Stars, Gaen Reach RPG, among other titles), Greg Stafford (Basic Role-playing, HeroQuest, Glorantha), CJCarella (GURPS Martial Arts, Unisystem, Terra Primate), Jonathan Tweet (Ars Magica, Everway, Over the Edge), and Mark Rein-Hagen (Vampire: The Masquerade, Ars Magica)

In this Q&A I explained a bit more about the details that distinguish and make Vanguard d100 a great game, from its skill system, to combat and spell creation.
You can read the entire Q&A here
https://gmshoe.wordpress.com/2018/08/14 ... -vanguard/

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

August 27th, 2018, 5:19 am #9

Find out more about Vanguard's magic system, and its freedom to create your own spells, in this note shared on facebook