Possible Enemies

This forum is where enemies and other NPCs are presented and ideas about them can be shown to others

Possible Enemies

February 24th, 2018, 11:10 pm #1

Hey folks,

I wanted to ask how viable it would be to use certain DnD 3.5e enemies, such as a wolf or a bear as wildlife?

Thanks in advance!

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

February 25th, 2018, 4:06 am #2

Sure, it may be possible to use them as long as they are animals. But instead of Natural AC, I would transform it into DR at the rate of 1 DR per 4 Natural AC (minimum of 0).
"This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I spend all day computing pi because he plugged in the Overlord."

March 3rd, 2018, 5:38 pm #3

Isair wrote: Sure, it may be possible to use them as long as they are animals. But instead of Natural AC, I would transform it into DR at the rate of 1 DR per 4 Natural AC (minimum of 0).
I got a little busy... :P Thank you for the information about that though! In addition, I wanted to ask, is there any guidelines for making NPCs an enemy suited to the party's level? Would this be going along the hit dice advancement on the NPCs? How does that work exactly? New to DM'ing, so just trying to understand all the possibilities. :D

Isair
Site Admin
Isair
Site Admin

March 4th, 2018, 11:56 am #4

If you are giving an enemy new levels, simply consider the CR is around 1/3 the level.
"This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I spend all day computing pi because he plugged in the Overlord."